Paying for the website

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Paying for the website

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 10th, 2009, 10:12 pm

When we talked about this on facebook some of us had offered to chip in to help out with the costs of getting us up and running. To those that offered, thanks very much.
Overall, for a year, this whole endeavor is really not much, it clocked in at a little over 100 bucks, and it would have been cheaper if we didn't try out the other board first. (Grrrr, live and learn). Anyways, I still don't want to be responsible for anyone else's money, as I stated originally. So lets do this, if you see me on the street, buy me a beer. Otherwise just contribute by continuing to be who you are, which is the collective of the best and brightest group of Duke fans you can be. We have started a good thing here, it's been a lot of fun to be part of. And to me, that's payment enough.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
herb
PW in training
PW in training

Re: Paying for the website

Post by herb » April 10th, 2009, 10:20 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:When we talked about this on facebook some of us had offered to chip in to help out with the costs of getting us up and running. To those that offered, thanks very much.
Overall, for a year, this whole endeavor is really not much, it clocked in at a little over 100 bucks, and it would have been cheaper if we didn't try out the other board first. (Grrrr, live and learn). Anyways, I still don't want to be responsible for anyone else's money, as I stated originally. So lets do this, if you see me on the street, buy me a beer. Otherwise just contribute by continuing to be who you are, which is the collective of the best and brightest group of Duke fans you can be. We have started a good thing here, it's been a lot of fun to be part of. And to me, that's payment enough.
Any relatives still in Forest Hills that I can buy a beer for? Think you mentioned on another thread that you were originally from here.

In any regard, much appreciated. Just let us (me!) know how we can help out if desired.

Herb
AKA Duke74
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 10th, 2009, 10:34 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:When we talked about this on facebook some of us had offered to chip in to help out with the costs of getting us up and running. To those that offered, thanks very much.

While I think your gesture is incredibly generous, especially after all the work you've put into getting this place up and running (far more than any of the rest of us have), I'm not sure it's entirely fair for you to shoulder the entire cost. I, for one, would be glad to contribute a few bucks to the cause. PM me your address and I'll send you a money order (my cheques are from a Canadian bank and thus couldn't be cashed at an American bank). I wouldn't presume to speak for anyone else but I'm sure several others here would be more than willing to contribute as well.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 10th, 2009, 10:41 pm

colchar wrote:I'm not sure it's entirely fair for you to shoulder the entire cost. I, for one, would be glad to contribute a few bucks to the cause. PM me your address and I'll send you a money order (my cheques are from a Canadian bank and thus couldn't be cashed at an American bank). I wouldn't presume to speak for anyone else but I'm sure several others here would be more than willing to contribute as well.
It's not a matter of fairness. I am having so much fun with this, as I hope all of you are. I'm leary of people contributing and me winding up with more than the cost of the site. You can't buy me a beer in Canada, but you can still do us well enough by keeping on moderating well and contributing to the fun with the rest of us. Remember, it's not easy being green!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 10th, 2009, 10:45 pm

herb wrote:
Any relatives still in Forest Hills that I can buy a beer for? Think you mentioned on another thread that you were originally from here.

Herb
Nope. That was me. :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » April 10th, 2009, 10:46 pm

I will buy a round of beers for anyone that wants to meet in Salisbury for BD's theatre opportunity!
sMiles
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 10th, 2009, 10:48 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
colchar wrote:I'm not sure it's entirely fair for you to shoulder the entire cost. I, for one, would be glad to contribute a few bucks to the cause. PM me your address and I'll send you a money order (my cheques are from a Canadian bank and thus couldn't be cashed at an American bank). I wouldn't presume to speak for anyone else but I'm sure several others here would be more than willing to contribute as well.
It's not a matter of fairness. I am having so much fun with this, as I hope all of you are. I'm leary of people contributing and me winding up with more than the cost of the site. You can't buy me a beer in Canada, but you can still do us well enough by keeping on moderating well and contributing to the fun with the rest of us. Remember, it's not easy being green!

Well I am Scottish and was raised Catholic so I guess being green is rather fitting (for those who don't know, that was a Glasgow Celtic reference).
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 10th, 2009, 10:49 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
herb wrote:

Herb
You are from Forest Hills Ozzie? Cool. I had told Herb that my mom's side of the family is from there, I loved going to the West Side as a kid to watch the open. I wonder if you knew my mom. (Or Herb) Their last name was Disco, ( seriously), my grandmother was the first woman police chief in NYC.

Oooops, I went off topic..broke a rule. I'm blaming Herb and Ozzie.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 10th, 2009, 11:08 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
herb wrote:

Herb
You are from Forest Hills Ozzie? Cool. I had told Herb that my mom's side of the family is from there, I loved going to the West Side as a kid to watch the open. I wonder if you knew my mom. (Or Herb) Their last name was Disco, ( seriously), my grandmother was the first woman police chief in NYC.

You went off topic and should know better!!!!!! You are also being warned for trying to blame your transgression on others ;)
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 10th, 2009, 11:50 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
herb wrote:

Herb

Well , back on the DBR a few months ago I PM'd with someone that I was born in Kew Gardens Hospital and lived in Forest Hills until I was 2, when we moved to Great Neck (aka West Egg in The Great Gatsby).

BTW, I think not being allowed to go off topic is a dumb rule :o :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 11th, 2009, 12:21 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
BTW, I think not being allowed to go off topic is a dumb rule :o :D

That's it. We're watching you now...
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
herb
PW in training
PW in training

Post by herb » April 11th, 2009, 8:13 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
herb wrote:

Herb

Blame gratefully accepted. On another thread I discussed my wife's, Heidi's, city council campaign. Well, her "home turf" issue is security, emergency preparedness and police relations. She is the president of the local (112th) precinct's Precinct Community Council and has been the city-wide president of the Citizen's Police Academy Alumni Association, so she is very attuned to the cops and has worked with them for years - though before, during and since Sept 11th. She may know about your grandmother. (What was her full name?)

It's nice to know that age hasn't crept up on me THAT much!

And just to "re-rail" the thread, i reiterate my offer to help out. This is GREAT fun and I really like this crew.

Herb
AKA Duke74
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 11th, 2009, 10:08 am

CB&B I too am happy to contribute. My birthday wish is that you let us. Okay, so my birthday is 7 months away, big deal. ;)
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » April 11th, 2009, 11:32 am

Yup, glad to contribute beers or money or brunchgate goodies or . . . you get the idea, bro :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 11th, 2009, 12:00 pm

Hope to see you next Saturday for a brief Brunchgate, to exchange a few beers and hand you a check to help with costs. If you end up with extra, so be it. Just brew a few extra ales and loan me one or two in the fall :D .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 11th, 2009, 12:07 pm

colchar wrote:Well I am Scottish and was raised Catholic so I guess being green is rather fitting (for those who don't know, that was a Glasgow Celtic reference).
It certainly wasn't a Rangers reference, now, was it? :lol:

Will store some midwestern brews for the next Brunchgate I attend. They will be earmarked for CBAB.

Perhaps I'll even add a WHEACH to this batch. 8-)
Cheers,
Lavabe
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 11th, 2009, 2:40 pm

Lavabe wrote:
colchar wrote:Well I am Scottish and was raised Catholic so I guess being green is rather fitting (for those who don't know, that was a Glasgow Celtic reference).
It certainly wasn't a Rangers reference, now, was it? :lol:

I'm actually Scotland's version of mixed breed - Catholic mother and Protestant father. My Dad converted when they married but flatly refused to switch teams as that was more important than religion.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » April 11th, 2009, 6:06 pm

Unfortunately, Miles, I'm afraid I'll have to buy the beers after we see my play in Salisbury. Well, the first round at least.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 13th, 2009, 1:42 pm

I'll be happy to buy you a beer if I ever see you, though it's not likely if you don't come visit NOVA anytime soon. Maybe if the site gets popular and stays cheap, a little advertising could pay for it.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 13th, 2009, 10:19 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Unfortunately, Miles, I'm afraid I'll have to buy the beers after we see my play in Salisbury. Well, the first round at least.
Salisbury, NC? I used to date a young woman from there...