What to Do?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

What to Do?

Post by Bostondevil » February 11th, 2010, 11:58 am

I think I told the story here before about the Tarheel who upon being introduced to me said, "No offense, but I view Duke as the root of all things evil." I jokingly decided to test that theory and put a curse on this year's Carolina team. That was round about the first week in January when they were still ranked in the Top 10.

Now, should I feel guilty? Should I remove the curse? Does this curse, in fact, have anything to do with the Tarheels current record? Is it as much fun to beat them when they're down? (Hmmm, yes, yes, it is.)
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: What to Do?

Post by wilson » February 11th, 2010, 12:03 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I think I told the story here before about the Tarheel who upon being introduced to me said, "No offense, but I view Duke as the root of all things evil." I jokingly decided to test that theory and put a curse on this year's Carolina team. That was round about the first week in January when they were still ranked in the Top 10.

Now, should I feel guilty? Should I remove the curse? Does this curse, in fact, have anything to do with the Tarheels current record? Is it as much fun to beat them when they're down? (Hmmm, yes, yes, it is.)
DO NOT remove the curse. Let it ride, let it ride. :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 11th, 2010, 12:08 pm

wilson wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:I think I told the story here before about the Tarheel who upon being introduced to me said, "No offense, but I view Duke as the root of all things evil." I jokingly decided to test that theory and put a curse on this year's Carolina team. That was round about the first week in January when they were still ranked in the Top 10.

DO NOT remove the curse. Let it ride, let it ride. :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

I concur. I also think you should renew the curse each and every year.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » February 11th, 2010, 12:22 pm

1. No. Hell, no.
2. No. Hell, no.
3. Of course it does ( ;) :D )
4. It's just as much fun to beat them when they are at the top of the heap OR at the bottom. Preferrentailly, to beat them senseless.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 11th, 2010, 1:52 pm

wilson wrote:

I agree completely - Hell NO!

You should start a poll. I"ll bet it unanimous!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 11th, 2010, 4:22 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
wilson wrote:

I agree completely - Hell NO!

You should start a poll. I"ll bet it unanimous!
It would be unanimous on CTN. If you post it yonder, it would not only cease to be unanimous, but the mods would take offense.
Lava "we don't root for the holes" be
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 11th, 2010, 4:28 pm

wilson wrote:

Don't forget that the karma of devildeac's dinner party after our loss against the holes is still in effect. Between the curse and the karma, the holes are in a hole(sic) lot of trouble.

Just to be safe, does anyone have a voodoo doll of Ol' Roy? :veryconfused:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 11th, 2010, 4:29 pm

Lavabe wrote:...the karma of devildeac's dinner party...
Could someone recount this for me?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 11th, 2010, 4:36 pm

wilson wrote:
Lavabe wrote:...the karma of devildeac's dinner party...
Could someone recount this for me?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1028
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » February 11th, 2010, 4:42 pm

From this day, February 11, 2010, forward, I do declare the first week of every January to be "Curse Carolina" week.

Great Job! Yes, continue the curse!

Did you also take his sling? Seems that when he lost the sling, the losses started piling up.

-EJ
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 11th, 2010, 9:42 pm

EarlJam wrote:From this day, February 11, 2010, forward, I do declare the first week of every January to be "Curse Carolina" week.

Great Job! Yes, continue the curse!

Did you also take his sling? Seems that when he lost the sling, the losses started piling up.

-EJ
I think Ol'Roy's ass is in a sling! =)) =)) =)) =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 11th, 2010, 10:02 pm

Do not remove the curse. Feel no guilt. Renew it at will.

And about Roy's dadgum tie - it is a seriously bad TV tie. When he was on camera, it had the rainbow shiny thing going. Did anyone else notice that?
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 11th, 2010, 10:31 pm

Keep the curse, dadgummit, keep the curse! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » February 11th, 2010, 11:03 pm

I curse them at every available opportunity...
DukePA

Post by DukePA » February 11th, 2010, 11:09 pm

Well done BostonDevil ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ !!!! Of course the curse must remain :D GTHC, GTH!!!
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » February 12th, 2010, 10:31 am

I think you did a GREAT thing! I respect and honor ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ your actions as you are Woman, and WE ARE HEARING YOU ROAR! Feel guilty? Hell NO! Remove? HELL NO! Curse=Tarheels record? HELL YES! and BTW, can you send Roy a masseur, I think it might give him a different perspective on his problems .vs. the rest of the world! It would be a good thing! :-BD :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 12th, 2010, 12:22 pm

Extend the curse! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith