Who BeDeviled the Box Score Against carolina?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Andre Dawkins
No votes
Ryan Kelly
No votes
Mason Plumlee
73%
Miles Plumlee
No votes
Jon Scheyer
7%
Kyle Singler
No votes
Nolan Smith
No votes
Lance Thomas
No votes
Brian Zoubek
20%

Total votes: 15
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 10th, 2010, 11:53 pm

You know what to do. For me it was Brian Zoubek. He was frankly disappointing with regard to some of the big stuff tonight (like finishing around the basket), but I really like the way he did the little stuff, and he definitely contributed to the win.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Who BeDeviled the Box Score Against carolina?

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 11th, 2010, 12:02 am

Brian was big...but without MP2 doing what needed to be done, it would have been much closer, so Mason has my vote. I was surprised to read that Brian only had 2 assists, it seemed he was feeding somebody every time he touched the ball.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Jesus_hurley » February 11th, 2010, 12:07 am

I went with Mason also. The dunk did it. Basically ended the game right them.

BTW: not only did Hansbrough!WOW! watch the 'holes lose, Harrison Barnes and his mother were there. Get used to it Harry!
:D :D
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 11th, 2010, 12:08 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Brian was big...but without MP2 doing what needed to be done, it would have been much closer, so Mason has my vote. I was surprised to read that Brian only had 2 assists, it seemed he was feeding somebody every time he touched the ball.
I agree with everything you've said. The only reason I chose Zoub was because his performance was less evident in the box score than was MP2's. Along with Wake, this was MP2's finest performance. In that environment, under those circumstances, I think it's really something for him to build on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 11th, 2010, 12:11 am

wilson wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Brian was big...but without MP2 doing what needed to be done, it would have been much closer, so Mason has my vote. I was surprised to read that Brian only had 2 assists, it seemed he was feeding somebody every time he touched the ball.
I agree with everything you've said. The only reason I chose Zoub was because his performance was less evident in the box score than was MP2's. Along with Wake, this was MP2's finest performance. In that environment, under those circumstances, I think it's really something for him to build on.
It was nice to see Z get the start...and I think he earned it. Miles got more minutes (3 more), but I never noticed Miles out there as much as I did Zoub...so happy to see him leave the dome a victor.
TNTDevil
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by TNTDevil » February 11th, 2010, 12:34 am

Doh... I voted for Scheyer... by accident. I would side with Wilson and (planned) to vote Zoubek.

Don't misunderstand, Mason was huge! But to me, Zoo really "earned" bedeviler tonight.

His BeDeviling cred: The rebounds+assists+that sweet block he got after running the court (w/out fouling!) and, he didn't foul out.

Mason is only a game or two away from becoming the MOTM.
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 11th, 2010, 12:41 am

TNTDevil wrote:Doh... I voted for Scheyer... by accident.
I changed it so you can change your vote. :-B
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 11th, 2010, 12:49 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Well shucks dadgummit, now I kind of want to switch to MP2.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 11th, 2010, 12:52 am

wilson wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Well shucks dadgummit, now I kind of want to switch to MP2.
NO!!! Scheyer obviously wasn't the BD...but Zoub makes sense and you gave a good argument. Stand by yer man!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 11th, 2010, 7:46 am

I voted for Jon because I voted for Kyle for MOTM. I loved MP2's reverse dunk and Zoub's assist on Kyle's layup down the lane, but Jon had a really nice game and needed my support here.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CowboyDevil
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by CowboyDevil » February 11th, 2010, 1:40 pm

I chose Mason because he stepped up when Lance went down with the knee injury. If this team is going to go deep into the Tournament then both Plumlees will have to contribute substantially. With Lance's injury the minutes will be there for one or the other to step up. This was a good statement game for Mason. A tough victory but a victory none the less.

Go DUKE!!! GTHC..GTH!!! :ymdevil:
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » February 11th, 2010, 2:35 pm

With Lance's mid-February injury, am I the only one having flashbacks to Boozer here? Ultimately, and not to make trivial the injury at ALL, this may benefit the team in that it will provide extra minutes for other key players. Lance should come back before the tourney, like Boozer, and when he does, the team will be all the better.

And I am NOT, of course, comparing this team to the '01 team or saying we may when it all. Just find the situation quite similar.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 11th, 2010, 2:47 pm

EarlJam wrote:With Lance's mid-February injury, am I the only one having flashbacks to Boozer here? Ultimately, and not to make trivial the injury at ALL, this may benefit the team in that it will provide extra minutes for other key players. Lance should come back before the tourney, like Boozer, and when he does, the team will be all the better.

And I am NOT, of course, comparing this team to the '01 team or saying we may when it all. Just find the situation quite similar.

-EarlJam
You're not the only one flashing back. I don't think we're going to "when" it all either ;) , but I think this situation could be a similar spur toward marked overall improvement.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » February 11th, 2010, 3:42 pm

wilson wrote:
EarlJam wrote:With Lance's mid-February injury, am I the only one having flashbacks to Boozer here? Ultimately, and not to make trivial the injury at ALL, this may benefit the team in that it will provide extra minutes for other key players. Lance should come back before the tourney, like Boozer, and when he does, the team will be all the better.

-EarlJam
You're not the only one flashing back. I don't think we're going to "when" it all either ;) , but I think this situation could be a similar spur toward marked overall improvement.
Just to let you know, I typed "when" on purpose. It was a subtle reference to me reflecting back to "when" Carlos was injured. Art in grammar. I call it, "Grammartology." Um, yeah. Seriously, I meant to misspell it. Really. Um, seriously.........man. Ahhhhhh, yeah. :doh:

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.