LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Miles » April 11th, 2009, 2:23 am

DevilAlumna wrote:CBB, you'll have to share some stock tips! :)

This is my first post in the LTE. Woot.

Has anyone invited Miles and Ymo yet?
Nope. :( BUT, I found it! And that's all that really matters.
sMiles
Miles

Post by Miles » April 11th, 2009, 2:24 am

cl15876 wrote:
Sue71 wrote:
Ugh, the car.

Thanks for the Passover wishes. :) Last night was yummmmmmy. I brought home brisket & potatoes (leftovers... my mom made them). :D :D :D

I may have to make soup on Sunday.
Happy Passover to you! I didn't realized you cooked? :o
Wait. Sue? Cooking? Do I sense a joke coming on? ;-) Miss you Sue. Glad to find a place to post again.
sMiles
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » April 11th, 2009, 2:38 am

Miles wrote: Wait. Sue? Cooking? Do I sense a joke coming on? ;-) Miss you Sue. Glad to find a place to post again.
Miles. Here. Making joke. About me. Thin ice.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 11th, 2009, 3:41 am

Sue71 wrote:

Do I sense a smackdown is on its way?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 11th, 2009, 4:12 am

Since this is the thread for shameless PWing (even more so than the rest of the site) I'll post here as this is my 100th post on this board (that's a lot of posting since we went live Wednesday night!). I won the race to 100 - the race to 200 is now on.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 11th, 2009, 4:17 am

herb wrote:
Think the mods would pull any thread started on DBR announcing this house?

Someone should post about this site on DBR as I'm sure there are some there who might like to join us but still aren't aware that this site exists. How DBR would take that is another question. Or maybe PMs are the way to go to over there.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » April 11th, 2009, 8:09 am

Strike up the ban and shout in the streets, knights68 rides again! lol
Glad I found you guys again, life was getting a little edgy without a daily read from the intemperate thoughts and observations from the gang!!
herb
PW in training
PW in training

Post by herb » April 11th, 2009, 8:26 am

colchar wrote:Since this is the thread for shameless PWing (even more so than the rest of the site) I'll post here as this is my 100th post on this board (that's a lot of posting since we went live Wednesday night!). I won the race to 100 - the race to 200 is now on.

OK...pardon this benighted oldster, but does "PWing" relate to increasing the posting total (based on the context of the discussions)? Stands for "Post W?????"

Thanks....

Herb
AKA Duke74
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 11th, 2009, 9:30 am

knights68 wrote:Strike up the ban and shout in the streets, knights68 rides again! lol
Glad I found you guys again, life was getting a little edgy without a daily read from the intemperate thoughts and observations from the gang!!
Woohooo, good to see you here!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 11th, 2009, 10:03 am

herb wrote:
colchar wrote:Since this is the thread for shameless PWing (even more so than the rest of the site) I'll post here as this is my 100th post on this board (that's a lot of posting since we went live Wednesday night!). I won the race to 100 - the race to 200 is now on.

OK...pardon this benighted oldster, but does "PWing" relate to increasing the posting total (based on the context of the discussions)? Stands for "Post W?????"

Thanks....

Herb
Hey Herb, PW stands for "Post Whore." Posting all the time just for the sake of posting.
I worship the Blue Devil!
herb
PW in training
PW in training

Post by herb » April 11th, 2009, 10:21 am

TillyGalore wrote:
herb wrote:

Thanks....

Herb
Hey Herb, PW stands for "Post Whore." Posting all the time just for the sake of posting.
Thanks. Clearly my day of education. First "tramp stamp" (Bond thread) and now this. Hope my brain doesn't explode.
AKA Duke74
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 11th, 2009, 12:03 pm

Miles, no, BUT, I think I saw a post from him on the "paying for the site thread."

Ymo-I hinted to him about the site but not sure if he joined yet. Perhaps we should both send him personal orders, err, invitations :lol: .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Longest Thread Ever

Post by devildeac » April 11th, 2009, 12:07 pm

colchar wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Y'all are too kind.

And wise... :mrgreen:

Apparently you don't know us very well do you...
Au contraire, mi amigo/a (mixed metaphors/languages ;) )-I believe I know many of y'all all TOO well ;) .
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 11th, 2009, 12:11 pm

herb wrote:
colchar wrote:
Miles wrote:HA! Kick ass! I'm so glad I found this site.

Welcome! Nice to have you aboard.

I wonder how many more of our brethren will be joining us over the next few days/weeks?
Think the mods would pull any thread started on DBR announcing this house? :-) (Haven't been there consistently for a while)
Doubt it. It looks like they have been trying to do some, uh, "house cleaning" over there and haven't minded pissing off some regular readers/posters. :( but :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 11th, 2009, 12:14 pm

rockymtn devil wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:I hope they wouldn't. They encouraged us to play elsewhere, so I view it as mutual. We aren't looking to replicate DBR, there is a reason Our House has over 400 posts and The Stadium has under 25. We are here mostly because we are a community who enjoys posting about anything and are fans of Duke, instead of posting about Duke and fans of occasionally posting about anything.
I don't think they would pull it at all. We have a DBR mod posting here, which is great. I think your point about this being more about fellow Dukies sharing in a community outside of Duke sports is right on. This is an outlet for the content DBR wants to limit and, in that sense, I think they would welcome a post directing people here.

With that said, I've never posted in the LTE thread before, so I'm not sure the protocol. My best guess is that this is the thread for random thoughts and insights (how else would it get so damn long?), so that's what I'm going to do.

As my facebook status indicates, I've spent the night picking out flies for tomorrow's fishing and getting my gear together (hitting a new stretch of the South Platte that I've never fished before, which is very exciting if you're a nerd like me). More importantly, I've been drinking good beer (Avery Brabant and Denver Pale Ale...but that's for another thread...) and listening to Phish's NYE 1995/96 show at MSG. I rarely have enough time to make it through entire shows in a single sitting any more, but tonight is the exception and it's been a great Friday night as a result.
Welcome to another new/old poster!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 11th, 2009, 12:16 pm

devildeac wrote:

Miles, no, BUT, I think I saw a post from him on the "paying for the site thread."

Ymo-I hinted to him about the site but not sure if he joined yet. Perhaps we should both send him personal orders, err, invitations :lol: .
As I don't post "over there" (I know, how dumm is that?), please let Ymo know that we have a CHAT feature over here... would love to have a NASCAR chat during a race. ;)

And don't forget to tell him ... unlimited smilie use ... and no wait rules between posts. :o
Cheers,
Lavabe
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Miles

Post by Miles » April 11th, 2009, 12:41 pm

Sue71 wrote:
Miles wrote: Wait. Sue? Cooking? Do I sense a joke coming on? ;-) Miss you Sue. Glad to find a place to post again.
Lighten up Francis. ;) You know I would kill for you Jewish Soul Food!!!
sMiles
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 11th, 2009, 12:41 pm

Wow, I have fallen far behind the current leaders, CB&B and colchar, but the day is still young and, after all, I am at the beach ;) .
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 11th, 2009, 12:43 pm

Miles wrote:
Sue71 wrote:
Lighten up Francis. ;) You know I would kill for you Jewish Soul Food!!!
And don't call her "Francis" (reference to recent lemur discussion on the OTB ;)) .
Miles

Post by Miles » April 11th, 2009, 1:04 pm

devildeac wrote:And don't call her "Francis" (reference to recent lemur discussion on the OTB ;)) .
Shhhhhhhhhh. ;-)
sMiles