Vibes needed for bjornolf mama...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: Vibes needed for bjornolf mama...

Post by bjornolf » November 4th, 2009, 4:55 am

Thanks so much, Ima. Luckily, Mom's infection is right at the skin level, so hopefully she won't go through all the same trouble as your daughter. I'm still praying and vibing for her, of course. ;)

Well, we know what it is now. It's the old fave, E. Coli. The surgeon opened it up and drained and packed it, and they've got her on the drugs for that particular booger. Hopefully, that puts her on the right track. I'm wondering if this will affect my dad's surgery though? He's supposed to have a double knee replacement in two weeks. What do the medical folks here think? Can he have a double knee replacement two weeks after this exposure to E. Coli, especially when it's obviously gonna be brought into their home, since Mom's supposed to go home today?

Thanks.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » November 4th, 2009, 8:55 pm

bjornolf wrote:Thanks so much, Ima. Luckily, Mom's infection is right at the skin level, so hopefully she won't go through all the same trouble as your daughter. I'm still praying and vibing for her, of course. ;)

Well, we know what it is now. It's the old fave, E. Coli. The surgeon opened it up and drained and packed it, and they've got her on the drugs for that particular booger. Hopefully, that puts her on the right track. I'm wondering if this will affect my dad's surgery though? He's supposed to have a double knee replacement in two weeks. What do the medical folks here think? Can he have a double knee replacement two weeks after this exposure to E. Coli, especially when it's obviously gonna be brought into their home, since Mom's supposed to go home today?

Thanks.

%%-
Having been on the front line at home for the OP for his two ACLs and one knee replacement and one hip replacement and one rotator cuff fix, my question from personal experience is "Who is going to take care of both of them at home?" His double knee rehab will be tough and caring for him will be hard labor. I can't see her handling the job right now. I have no doubt that they will both be better off when it's all done, but WOW that's a lot to contend with at one time without care 24/7. Is there a plan? Bless everybody's hearts and I ain't kiddin'.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 5th, 2009, 12:53 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Having been on the front line at home for the OP for his two ACLs and one knee replacement and one hip replacement and one rotator cuff fix, my question from personal experience is "Who is going to take care of both of them at home?" His double knee rehab will be tough and caring for him will be hard labor. I can't see her handling the job right now. I have no doubt that they will both be better off when it's all done, but WOW that's a lot to contend with at one time without care 24/7. Is there a plan? Bless everybody's hearts and I ain't kiddin'.
Love, Ima
Mom's been in a wheelchair for years. Dad's her caretaker, but he can't handle it very well anymore because of his knees. That's why he's getting the knee replacements. My wife's parents are going to move in with us for a few weeks to take care of the kids, and I'm gonna move in with my parents. After that, they're gonna have some outside help come in, and I'll be over there as much as possible.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 5th, 2009, 1:03 pm

bjornolf wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Having been on the front line at home for the OP for his two ACLs and one knee replacement and one hip replacement and one rotator cuff fix, my question from personal experience is "Who is going to take care of both of them at home?" His double knee rehab will be tough and caring for him will be hard labor. I can't see her handling the job right now. I have no doubt that they will both be better off when it's all done, but WOW that's a lot to contend with at one time without care 24/7. Is there a plan? Bless everybody's hearts and I ain't kiddin'.
Love, Ima
Mom's been in a wheelchair for years. Dad's her caretaker, but he can't handle it very well anymore because of his knees. That's why he's getting the knee replacements. My wife's parents are going to move in with us for a few weeks to take care of the kids, and I'm gonna move in with my parents. After that, they're gonna have some outside help come in, and I'll be over there as much as possible.

%%-
I'm pretty sure I have said this before but if I didn't, I should have. You are a very good son.

Continued vibes and prayers for healing for both your parents. Don't forget to take some time for yourself during this - you need to keep healthy and sane for all those around you. (I think that is where we come in - always available for a vent or two and multiple laughs.)

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Life is good!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » November 5th, 2009, 9:38 pm

Sounds like you're being very realistic. Your wife's parents get the good job. I'm sure they are delighted to have the opportunity even under these tough circumstances. Keep in close touch with us. I bet your most difficult job will be making sure your dad does all his rehab. It's pretty ouchy and you are going to have to keep him at it with some tough love. I'm sure he's motivated, though, and that's half the battle.

And you ARE a great son. And your wife is pretty fabulous, too. I'm sure you have let her know how much you appreciate her supporting you through this.

How is your mother's progress today?

Love, Ima
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 7th, 2009, 9:24 am

Jou-Jou is so bummed. She was supposed to go home yesterday, but her white cell count shot up to 20K, so they wouldn't let her.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 7th, 2009, 9:26 am

bjornolf wrote:Jou-Jou is so bummed. She was supposed to go home yesterday, but her white cell count shot up to 20K, so they wouldn't let her.

%%-
So sorry to hear this! Renewed vibes to Jou-Jou. Here's hoping she can go home soon!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 7th, 2009, 10:05 am

bjornolf wrote:Jou-Jou is so bummed. She was supposed to go home yesterday, but her white cell count shot up to 20K, so they wouldn't let her.

%%-
Bummer! Renewed vibes and prayers for Jou-Jou.
I worship the Blue Devil!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 7th, 2009, 10:21 am

praying jou-jou is getting better by the day. prayers & vibes will continue.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » November 7th, 2009, 11:17 am

Better safe than sorry. Jou-Jou would be REALLY bummed to get home and have to come back! More hugs and gram-neg shin kickers coming your way! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Love, Ima
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 7th, 2009, 4:14 pm

Healing vibes and prayers for Jou-Jou. And some shin kicks aimed at the obnoxious gram - microbes.
Life is good!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » November 11th, 2009, 9:01 am

How's our girl doing? How is your whole team? Precious and powerful vibes still coming your way. Let us know how things are progressing.
Love, Ima
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 1st, 2010, 6:12 am

Man, this IS starting to remind me of Ima's daughter's situation. My mom was getting the first infection under control, and now she's had MRSA, a NASTY form of staph, show up in her lower leg! What the hell? Anyway, any prayers and vibes would be appreciated. 2009 really ended with a bang for us. :(

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » January 1st, 2010, 7:18 am

bjornolf wrote:Man, this IS starting to remind me of Ima's daughter's situation. My mom was getting the first infection under control, and now she's had MRSA, a NASTY form of staph, show up in her lower leg! What the hell? Anyway, any prayers and vibes would be appreciated. 2009 really ended with a bang for us. :(

%%-
Many healing vibes, prayers and hugs coming your way. 2010 will be better
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 1st, 2010, 7:35 am

bjornolf wrote:Man, this IS starting to remind me of Ima's daughter's situation. My mom was getting the first infection under control, and now she's had MRSA, a NASTY form of staph, show up in her lower leg! What the hell? Anyway, any prayers and vibes would be appreciated. 2009 really ended with a bang for us. :(

%%-
Healing vibes headed for your mom.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » January 1st, 2010, 7:42 am

Wishing a good 2010 for your children's grandmother.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 1st, 2010, 9:02 am

}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 1st, 2010, 9:03 am

VIBES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could we have a do-over start to 2010?
:-?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » January 1st, 2010, 9:08 am

%%-
They say misery loves company, but wow.......this is just tooo much. We are still fighting this on our end. Sarah held out through Christmas, but ended up back in Duke Hospital right after. Blood cultures show the infection has traveled back into her bloodstream so they put in another PICC line in the middle of the night.

MRSA is no laughing matter, but they can get it. Grant Hill will tell you that. Thanks for posting on JouJou. I was planning on searching the thread today to find out what had transpired. Keep hugging. Keep hoping. Keep breathing and letting go.

Love, love, love, Ima
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 1st, 2010, 9:41 am

healing vibes and prayers coming your mom's way. i am so sorry she is having such a bad time. :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray:
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]