NASCAR 2009

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: NASCAR 2009

Post by colchar » May 7th, 2009, 9:48 am

Labonte or Ambrose? Labonte or Ambrose?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 7th, 2009, 12:10 pm

colchar wrote:Labonte or Ambrose? Labonte or Ambrose?
Reed or Brad (driving Hendrick)? Reed or Brad?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 7th, 2009, 1:51 pm

As much as I enjoy the league, I hate this part of the process - deciding between two drivers who are likely perform almost equally this week.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » May 7th, 2009, 7:01 pm

colchar wrote:As much as I enjoy the league, I hate this part of the process - deciding between two drivers who are likely perform almost equally this week.
Umm, I am getting tired of the so-called weekly predictions from Yahoo. The A-list this week have as top two predictions... JJ and Gordon.

GO Figure!! =)) =))

The C-list is Ambrose and Labonte.

GO Figure!! =)) =))

Interestingly, 'dinger is on the list of drivers expected to go bust this week.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 7th, 2009, 7:35 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Interestingly, 'dinger is on the list of drivers expected to go bust this week.

I completely disagree with that - 'dinger might not win, but he won't be a bust either.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » May 8th, 2009, 11:44 am

Stuck grading today.

I have Sprint car warmups at Darlington. Just saw KurtBusch and Smoke meet the concrete wall.

The Lady in Black is seeing a lot of slipping and sliding today.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » May 8th, 2009, 12:32 pm

Lavabe wrote:Stuck grading today.

I have Sprint car warmups at Darlington. Just saw KurtBusch and Smoke meet the concrete wall.

What would you say if I had start and finish line tickets?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » May 8th, 2009, 12:57 pm

cl15876 wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Stuck grading today.

What would you say if I had start and finish line tickets?
Would you grade my papers for me? :(( :(( Oh yeah, and I have a graduation to attend tomorrow morning.

ENJOY the Lady in Black!!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 9th, 2009, 9:40 pm

I don't have a single driver in the top 20 right now. Fuck I suck this week. Actually, I suck the last couple of weeks.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » May 9th, 2009, 9:47 pm

colchar wrote:I don't have a single driver in the top 20 right now. Fuck I suck this week. Actually, I suck the last couple of weeks.
It's still early.

Then again, if you chose Jeremy Mayfield, you're hosed... indefinitely. Tested positive for something.

So far, the only one on my list who is out of the top 20 is Hamlin. It is, however, a LOOONG race.

Cheers,
Lavabe
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 9th, 2009, 9:50 pm

Lavabe wrote:
So far, the only one on my list who is out of the top 20 is Hamlin. It is, however, a LOOONG race.

Oh you are definitely in the lead right now. And you picked Biffle didn't you? I've only watched a few laps thus far (I'll watch more when the hockey game is finished) but he is running fast - scary fast.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 9th, 2009, 10:55 pm

I'm doing better now but still have a ways to go to win this week (my picking Ambrose is really screwing me up).
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » May 9th, 2009, 10:57 pm

colchar wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

Oh you are definitely in the lead right now. And you picked Biffle didn't you? I've only watched a few laps thus far (I'll watch more when the hockey game is finished) but he is running fast - scary fast.
Oh I'm definitely NOT in the lead now, as Reutimann is no longer running (stupid Bobby Labonte). At least Hamlin is now 16th.

Edwards is out. Biff may have caused this problem.

Freakin' JOEY LOGANO is in the lead. But here's the story... Stewart-Haas are running 2 & 3.

And Miles: Glad to see someone else went with me on Keselowski!
Cheers,
Lavabe
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » May 9th, 2009, 10:59 pm

Freakin Biffle blows a tire!!

I'm out!!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » May 10th, 2009, 1:05 am

Biffle comes back to a top 10. Keselowski makes it there as well. Hamlin does well.

Mark Martin wins. JJ finishes #2.

Miles takes this week's picks. Ymo and colchar move up in places by one slot each, but Tilly dropped a couple of places, going with Carl Edwards and someone else who DNF.

Off next week. Next race ... CocaCola World 600!!

Cheers,
Lavabe
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 10th, 2009, 3:12 am

Lavabe wrote:Biffle comes back to a top 10. Keselowski makes it there as well. Hamlin does well.

Mark Martin wins. JJ finishes #2.

Miles takes this week's picks. Ymo and colchar move up in places by one slot each, but Tilly dropped a couple of places, going with Carl Edwards and someone else who DNF.

Off next week. Next race ... CocaCola World 600!!

Cheers,
Lavabe

You beat me by about 90 points this week so you are still in the lead. But I think I've moved back into second place (the official standings aren't available until Monday).
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » May 10th, 2009, 9:03 am

I am trying not to use up my JJ/JG picks so early ('cause accoeding to Yahoo's race notes, they are the only two drivers in the A list). Given Biffle's history at Darlington, I wound up not losing many points with that selection. The big points gainer was Keselowski in the group C race. Most people chose Ambrose or Labonte, which yielded poor results.

I lost to Miles, as I went with Reutimann in the Group B competition.

I'm going to have to hold off on Hamlin for a bit. I've used him 4 or 5 times now. I also have used Smoke 4 or 5 times. Got to watch out.

I also realize that it's going to be tough for me to adjust picks from Madagascar. I leave on May 30th.

Cheers,
Lavabe
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » May 10th, 2009, 9:34 am

colchar wrote:You beat me by about 90 points this week so you are still in the lead. But I think I've moved back into second place (the official standings aren't available until Monday).
Check the spring segment tab...
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 10th, 2009, 11:38 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
Check the spring segment tab...

Got it.Thanks.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » May 10th, 2009, 1:10 pm

It certainly is a challenge to balance out your picks every week. I decided that I'm not going to worry too much about it this season and just focus on getting familiar with the drivers and the tracks. Still huge fun, and hey look, I've got 4 wins. :D
sMiles