New Years Eve Brunchgate

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: New Years Eve Brunchgate

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 27th, 2009, 8:48 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:i know the lot. its supposed to rain. alternate plan?
Dang. Not yet. Here's the forecast http://www.wral.com/weather/7day/
How about our Brunchgate tent? :)) =))

I have the banner, but not the tent. VDB does have a tent. I'm just not sure it's worth hauling out, especially since they won't be parking in that lot. I think we'll just have to chance the weather.

yea, that would be a bit much to haul the tent to the gold lot. just a suggestion, bullocks bbq if their open. i don't think the bbq is as good as smithfields but they do have a variety of food and fairly quick service. of course the earlier we could get there, the better. that is, if the rain happens.
No, I plan to bring Smithfield's Q at Chuck's request.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 27th, 2009, 9:08 pm

How about our Brunchgate tent? :)) =))

I have the banner, but not the tent. VDB does have a tent. I'm just not sure it's worth hauling out, especially since they won't be parking in that lot. I think we'll just have to chance the weather.

yea, that would be a bit much to haul the tent to the gold lot. just a suggestion, bullocks bbq if their open. i don't think the bbq is as good as smithfields but they do have a variety of food and fairly quick service. of course the earlier we could get there, the better. that is, if the rain happens.
No, I plan to bring Smithfield's Q at Chuck's request.[/quote]

chuck has good taste. who knows, the rain just might hold off. we can hope. vibes for no rain. go duke.
August West
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by August West » December 28th, 2009, 1:36 pm

Paging August West...[/quote]

i-) i-) i-) i-) I'm awake now. I'll look for y'all on NYE. That parking lot is on my walk from the Chemistry lot. See ya then. AW.
duketaylor
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by duketaylor » December 28th, 2009, 8:03 pm

I think I can supply cover for rain. I'm off tomorrow and will check in my garage. Still hoping to find more tix.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 28th, 2009, 9:33 pm

duketaylor wrote:I think I can supply cover for rain. I'm off tomorrow and will check in my garage. Still hoping to find more tix.
How much Q do you want me to pick up?

duketaylor
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by duketaylor » December 29th, 2009, 10:51 am

I'll have some other food I'll bring, maybe enough 'cue, let's say 12-15 sandwiches, what do you think? Assuming I have 10 folks there, how many more do you think will be there? And eat 'cue? Half of my folks will have a sandwich probably. Need a headcount to some degree.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 29th, 2009, 11:05 am

duketaylor wrote:I'll have some other food I'll bring, maybe enough 'cue, let's say 12-15 sandwiches, what do you think? Assuming I have 10 folks there, how many more do you think will be there? And eat 'cue? Half of my folks will have a sandwich probably. Need a headcount to some degree.
Me
Devildeac
CathyCA
CathyCA's son
CathyCA's mom
clbunchofnumbers

and the rest of you can add to this list B-)

Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » December 29th, 2009, 11:11 am

I have two tix for the Penn game available. Section 16 top row. I'm thinking I could make contact with Tilly late today and hand them over if you guys still need them. She could bring them to your tailgate. DukeRah is back in the hospital and I'll be making a run over there late today.....maybe before Tilly goes home from work? DR may or may not be released later in the day. They pretty much keep you in the dark on those things until the last minute over there. Right hand never knows what the left hand is doing.

We also have two other tickets located right in front of August West's seat. But I have to hold onto those until we know whether or not DukeRah will be able to go. Still too early to tell. But those top two I mentioned are definitely available.

I'll check back here later on to see what develops.

Love, Ima
On second thought, it might be easier if I just hand them over to AW at the Long Beach game tonight. Let me know.
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 29th, 2009, 11:21 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:I have two tix for the Penn game available. Section 16 top row. I'm thinking I could make contact with Tilly late today and hand them over if you guys still need them. She could bring them to your tailgate. DukeRah is back in the hospital and I'll be making a run over there late today.....maybe before Tilly goes home from work? DR may or may not be released later in the day. They pretty much keep you in the dark on those things until the last minute over there. Right hand never knows what the left hand is doing.

We also have two other tickets located right in front of August West's seat. But I have to hold onto those until we know whether or not DukeRah will be able to go. Still too early to tell. But those top two I mentioned are definitely available.

Love, Ima
On second thought, it might be easier if I just hand them over to AW at the Long Beach game tonight. Let me know.
Ima, I'm off until Monday, and am in Maryland, coming home tomorrow. Can't help with the exchange today. Not sure how much help I can give on Thursday. I have to be at CIS around 5pm for the band.
I worship the Blue Devil!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » December 29th, 2009, 12:06 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:I have two tix for the Penn game available. Section 16 top row. I'm thinking I could make contact with Tilly late today and hand them over if you guys still need them. She could bring them to your tailgate. DukeRah is back in the hospital and I'll be making a run over there late today.....maybe before Tilly goes home from work? DR may or may not be released later in the day. They pretty much keep you in the dark on those things until the last minute over there. Right hand never knows what the left hand is doing.

Love, Ima
Ima, I'm off until Monday, and am in Maryland, coming home tomorrow. Can't help with the exchange today. Not sure how much help I can give on Thursday. I have to be at CIS around 5pm for the band.
I totally forgot you'll be playing!!! Super! If I hear back from the thread in time, I'll just take the tickets to tonight's game and see if B.J. can handle them.
Love, Ima
duketaylor
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by duketaylor » December 29th, 2009, 12:52 pm

I have a tarpolin that may suffice, I'll also head over to Dick's Sporting Goods in a minute and eye some tents. Maybe we could do this, once I'm there I can walk my parking pass down the lot and re-use it, wouldn't be the first time it's happened. That lot will be very empty, always is. Someone (maybe Ozzie) could park a space or two away from me and we could rig the tarp between vehicles, we do this at the ACC tourney if the weather turns foul. Thoughts? CT
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 29th, 2009, 11:27 pm

Devildeac daughter #2 and dukediv2012 may join us for Q.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » December 30th, 2009, 7:52 am

I left two tix with August West last night. He says he'll be at the tailgate and can pass them to duketaylor if he needs them. If nobody there needs them, just hand them over to any Duke fan still wanting.
Love, Ima
duketaylor
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by duketaylor » December 30th, 2009, 10:23 am

I'm good with tix now, just gotta get there for BrunchGate;)
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 30th, 2009, 2:06 pm

the weaather report is much better. now its supposed to be only a slight chance of a shower. :)
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 30th, 2009, 4:45 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:the weaather report is much better. now its supposed to be only a slight chance of a shower. :)
Last I heard is that the rain won't start until ~9 p.m. So we should be dry!

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » December 30th, 2009, 6:37 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:the weaather report is much better. now its supposed to be only a slight chance of a shower. :)
Last I heard is that the rain won't start until ~9 p.m. So we should be dry!
9pm OR midnight, works for me! I heard midnight and beyond!
August West

Post by August West » December 30th, 2009, 10:48 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:I left two tix with August West last night. He says he'll be at the tailgate and can pass them to duketaylor if he needs them. If nobody there needs them, just hand them over to any Duke fan still wanting.
Love, Ima
Since DT is set for tickets now, I'll make sure they get used by a True Blue fan. See y'all tomorrow night. :ympeace: AW.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 31st, 2009, 11:29 am

August West wrote: Since DT is set for tickets now, I'll make sure they get used by a True Blue fan. See y'all tomorrow night. :ympeace: AW.
I've got a taker for the two tickets - I sent you a PM. Call me.

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 31st, 2009, 1:03 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
August West wrote: Since DT is set for tickets now, I'll make sure they get used by a True Blue fan. See y'all tomorrow night. :ympeace: AW.
I've got a taker for the two tickets - I sent you a PM. Call me.
Never mind. He's made other arrangements so he doesn't need the tickets.