Christmas receiving thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Re: Christmas receiving thread

Post by DukeUsul » December 25th, 2009, 10:35 pm

Best present was a big check from my parents that we'll use to pay for our trip to Aruba in May.
-- DukeUsul
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 26th, 2009, 11:35 am

cl15876 wrote:
bjornolf wrote:What game did you get, K68?

I got a cool gadget for opening my kids' presents. It has a screwdriver, heavy cutters, and a hidden utility blade. I can snip through those annoying heavy metal twist ties and rip out the other stuff. It's awesome!

%%-
Bornolf - was it RED? I think my Brother in Law and I got the same thing from my Mom!!! LOL
It's overall predominant color is bright orange. It's called the Open It. It also has a bottle opener. Missed that one.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 27th, 2009, 10:24 am

Oooh, I forgot..stepsons got me Dukeopoly. We played it Christmas day, and slumlord stepson Justin bankrupted us all within an hour.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 27th, 2009, 5:54 pm

TillyGalore wrote:I got a Wii and a Wii fit board. K68 and I are going to have some fun. Yay, Wii.
Wii Fit is great! Enjoy! I have some other Wii Balance Board compatible workout games; got a couple of new ones with a gift card I got for Christmas.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 27th, 2009, 5:59 pm

I got a pair of fleece PJs and a Northern Lights Topaz (aka Mystic Topaz) necklace, earrings, and ring set from my parents, a $50 Wal-Mart gift card (used it for a couple of Wii balance board compatible workout games), a box of chocolates, a bag of coffee, a calendar, and a book.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 27th, 2009, 11:02 pm

Also: A Coach purse from 8-x

Plus some Happy cologne and lotion, Ghirardelli and Lindor chocolates.

And a lotto ticket.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 27th, 2009, 11:15 pm

CathyCA wrote:Also: A Coach purse from 8-x
With all of those "C"s, I'm assuming it's a Coach Cut purse.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 27th, 2009, 11:19 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
With all of those "C"s, I'm assuming it's a Coach Cut purse.
HA! I'll bring it to a football game!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 28th, 2009, 6:19 am

And a lotto ticket.

8-x must have been shopping at my wife's new favorite store, the Coach outlet at Potomac Mills. ;) It's funny, I've seen a HUGE influx of women with Coach purses in this area since it opened a few months ago, and every time we go to the mall, that place is PACKED. Kudos to you, my friend, for braving those hordes of savage woman to get your lady an awesome Christmas gift. ;) Frankly, I'm surprised you survived intact.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » December 28th, 2009, 7:42 am

shereec got me my very own Ugly Monkey Santa Face!!!!
sMiles
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 28th, 2009, 7:45 am

Miles wrote:shereec got me my very own Ugly Monkey Santa Face!!!!
AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! :fugly:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 28th, 2009, 8:17 am

I was watching one of the cable channels, TLC or Discovery or one of those, and they had a special about the best decorated houses in the country. These are people that have spent over $100K on their decorations, and spend thousands a year just on the electricity to run it all. More than one of them sported the UMFS on their houses. I laughed every time I saw it.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 28th, 2009, 8:49 am

And a lotto ticket.
wo wo. nice. :)
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 28th, 2009, 9:18 am

bjornolf wrote:

And a lotto ticket.

8-x must have been shopping at my wife's new favorite store, the Coach outlet at Potomac Mills. ;) It's funny, I've seen a HUGE influx of women with Coach purses in this area since it opened a few months ago, and every time we go to the mall, that place is PACKED. Kudos to you, my friend, for braving those hordes of savage woman to get your lady an awesome Christmas gift. ;) Frankly, I'm surprised you survived intact.

%%-
Not Potomac Mills.

We went to the Coach Store at Ozzie's Outlets. The place was packed, and we had to wait outside in line behind those stanchions with the retractable belts before we could enter the store. Once inside, we witnessed a cat fight between two customers. I stared at the instigator, and she included me in her report to the manager, "THAT woman was staring at me," she pointed and hissed.

Well, no shit, Sherlock. When you scream at another customer to the point of silencing 100 frenzied women in a Coach Store, I'm going to stare at you.

I tell ya, it was better than watching an episode of Jerry Springer. We had crowds, shoving, yelling, and I got a Coach Bag as a prize.

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 28th, 2009, 9:42 am

CathyCA wrote:Once inside, we witnessed a cat fight between two customers. I stared at the instigator, and she included me in her report to the manager, "THAT woman was staring at me," she pointed and hissed.

Well, no shit, Sherlock. When you scream at another customer to the point of silencing 100 frenzied women in a Coach Store, I'm going to stare at you.

I tell ya, it was better than watching an episode of Jerry Springer. We had crowds, shoving, yelling, and I got a Coach Bag as a prize.
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 28th, 2009, 9:50 am

CathyCA wrote: I tell ya, it was better than watching an episode of Jerry Springer. We had crowds, shoving, yelling, and I got a Coach Bag as a prize.
Gotta love that Christmas spirit!
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » December 28th, 2009, 7:38 pm

Miles wrote:shereec got me my very own Ugly Monkey Santa Face!!!!
Your Dad was in on it, too. I just didn't have time (or memory) to put a proper tag on it when we got there.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » December 30th, 2009, 12:30 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Once inside, we witnessed a cat fight between two customers. I stared at the instigator, and she included me in her report to the manager, "THAT woman was staring at me," she pointed and hissed.

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Gotta love that Christmas spirit!
LOL!!!! I just can't take her anywhere ;) ... staring at someone ... Oh my gosh... reminds me of lil kids ("make him/her stop, stop what?..., staring at MEEEE! :(( :(( ") =)) =)) =)) However, I'm glad I was with her for protection, it was frightening in that place!!!! ;)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » December 30th, 2009, 1:00 pm

I've been overwhelmed with all the wonderful things that I received from my loved ones, but am most grateful for having the opportunity to spend quality time with each of them over the holidays. CathyCA surprised me with some wonderful slacks and button down oxford shirts, coffee, a coffee gift card, some wonderful things for the kitchen, a wonderful set of music CDs (oldies but goodies) and an audio CD story which I'll be listening to on my travels between NC and VA. Ms. Fran surprised me with a 2001 NCAA Final Four DUKE National Champion T-shirt and a DUKE Basketball shirt! My kiddos got me some cologne and some coffee. My sister and brother in-law surprised me with a black leather rectangular ottoman for my bed room that I can store sheets and blankets inside, cologne, a movie gift card and a redskins light weight fleece jacket. I wasn't expecting any of this and just get overwhelmed with it all. Everything has been soo wonderful!!!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » December 30th, 2009, 1:42 pm

bjornolf wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
bjornolf wrote:What game did you get, K68?

I got a cool gadget for opening my kids' presents. It has a screwdriver, heavy cutters, and a hidden utility blade. I can snip through those annoying heavy metal twist ties and rip out the other stuff. It's awesome!

%%-
Bornolf - was it RED? I think my Brother in Law and I got the same thing from my Mom!!! LOL
It's overall predominant color is bright orange. It's called the Open It. It also has a bottle opener. Missed that one.

%%-
That's it! I'll have to check and see where the bottle opener is!!!! Good tip! :-bd