Nerds Across America

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Nerds Across America

Post by Miles » April 10th, 2009, 10:58 pm

For those of you who don't know, I am leaving San Diego (already left LA) for Charlotte, NC! This has been a long time coming and I'm really excited to get the hell outta here. Moving here five years ago was really exciting, and I'm glad that I had the opportunity. But I've realized in the past five years that I'm an east coast kid, and that my heart will always be in North Carolina. So 2535 is gone from the name and I'm headed back.

My buddy Tavis and I are leaving on May 18th. I think I'll be posting updates from the road here. Hmmm, maybe I should write a crazietalk.net application for the iPhone. :D

Anyway, here's a map of the trip: http://tinyurl.com/nerds-across-america
Day 1ish: Leaving San Diego and driving to Sedona to stay with a close friend from the middle school/high school days.
Day 2ish: From there we're heading to Roswell in search of the roots for EarlJam's family tree.
Day 3ish: Heading to Dallas to stay with another friend from High School.
Days 4-5ish: At this point, I'm not sure what day it's going to be and I really don't care. We're going to Graceland one day, and then we're gonna hit up Beale Street the next day and kinda go with the flow. I can't wait for Memphis.
Days 6-7ish: One word: Dollywood. Nuff said.
Day 8ish: This is the last leg of the trip. We're gonna stop in Asheville to check out Bob Moog's Moog Store. Then it's home to Charlotte.

We're considering supplementing some of the stops with sites from http://www.roadsideamerica.com. If anyone else has any advice or input, I'd love to hear it.

Yoot yoot!
sMiles
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Nerds Across America

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 10th, 2009, 11:09 pm

That sounds way fun and please take tons of pictures. I hope you have flowers on your desert drive, and I hope Sedona is as beautiful as I remember it. Drive safe and welcome home when you get here!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 11th, 2009, 3:49 am

Drop us a line whenever you manage to have access to the interwebs. Blogging your roadtrip would be interesting as hell.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » April 11th, 2009, 8:35 am

If I may offer...

If and when in Asheville NC, check out the flat iron building. It is only one of two in existence (the other.... NYC) and designed by the same guy once upon a long time ago! Or just hit the Asheville Zoo. They have Llama's there with bad hairdos, it's a friggin scream!!! I swear you will think they are wearing hairpieces. Interesting collection of animals they have there, a good couple of hours to kill.
Or, just a nice walk downtown is awesome too. But that may be for a later time.

Also, when in Charlotte, if you are a racing fan, check out the race museum (I-77 & NC 150) a few minutes drive from the Lowes Motorspeedway. http://www.ncarhof.com/

And going through Nashville TN?
You have GOT to check out Zanies Comedy Club!
http://www.nashville.zanies.com/
I went there when visiting my kid brother (Stationed at Fort Campbell) and caught Ralphie May's act. Good stuff. And the food rocks!!!!!

That's my two cents.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » September 6th, 2009, 1:25 pm

I'm thinking maybe I should do something like this, but my trip isn't a very long one.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 6th, 2009, 7:53 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I'm thinking maybe I should do something like this, but my trip isn't a very long one.
Just map out the rest stops along the way, what I do!!! :-o :-o :-o =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 6th, 2009, 7:58 pm

cl15876 wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:I'm thinking maybe I should do something like this, but my trip isn't a very long one.
Just map out the rest stops along the way, what I do!!! :-o :-o :-o =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Map out the rest stops? That's something my wife does...
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 6th, 2009, 8:40 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
OZ, I know then that you are thankful for being in GOOD company... Water goes thru ya like a Bud Light, doesn't it? :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 6th, 2009, 8:53 pm

cl15876 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
cl15876 wrote: Just map out the rest stops along the way, what I do!!! :-o :-o :-o =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
OZ, I know then that you are thankful for being in GOOD company... Water goes thru ya like a Bud Light, doesn't it? :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :D
:)) :)) =)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Miles

Post by Miles » September 8th, 2009, 9:52 am

Go for it. We had a blast, even though we had to drive through west Texas. Hey, if things get rough on your road trip, you can just say be thankful that you're not driving in a straight line for hours and hours without the scenery changing. (-|
sMiles