WooooHooooo We Are Up And Running

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Re: WooooHooooo We Are Up And Running

Post by TillyGalore » April 10th, 2009, 9:39 pm

rockymtn devil wrote:I just signed up and joined and wanted to say a quick thanks to those involved in setting this up! Now onto Ymm Beer where I have a special review just for tonight
Hey rockymtn devil, welcome! Glad you made it over here.
I worship the Blue Devil!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 11th, 2009, 3:51 am

rockymtn devil wrote:I just signed up and joined and wanted to say a quick thanks to those involved in setting this up! Now onto Ymm Beer where I have a special review just for tonight

Welcome! And the same goes to all of our latest arrivals. Tell your friends - the more the merrier.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 11th, 2009, 12:37 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
windsor wrote:Has anyone figured out how to dump the light blue background? :D
I am working on that. I have to figure out how to install those options. I know there has to be a way. I also want to install more smilies, there is a way to do that, too.
More smilies!

Outstanding!
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 11th, 2009, 12:47 pm

Now that rmd and devildeac are aboard, I propose a toast tonight to the new board. WELL DONE, CBAB!!

I will consume and review an Oak-Aged Yeti, in honor of the new board. Who's up for a toast??
Cheers,
Lavabe
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » April 11th, 2009, 12:52 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Now that rmd and devildeac are aboard, I propose a toast tonight to the new board. WELL DONE, CBAB!!

I will consume and review an Oak-Aged Yeti, in honor of the new board. Who's up for a toast??
Cheers,
Lavabe
I am in! Name the time, I have a few in the fridge waiting to be tasted!
herb
PW in training
PW in training

Post by herb » April 11th, 2009, 1:02 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
herb wrote:I agree. great to be among you folks!

Herb (AKA Duke74)
Glad you put the Duke74 moniker next to Herb. My first thought was you were CTG 8-)
More evidence of how much I have to learn...What's "CTG"? (Sorry)
AKA Duke74
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 11th, 2009, 1:04 pm

I guess my celebratory face.... (Cathy and Lavabe know the reference here ;)) was Holy Sheet, an uber abbey ale from the Clipper City folks in Ball-more, Md. Deep, reddish-brown and a nice, but not great representation of the abbey, or dubble, Belgian style of brown ales. A very clean brew without much head but good tastes of dark caramel and fruits such as raisins and figs. A good choice for a night cap, dessert beer or as a beverage with medium to dark chocolate treats. The ABV is 9% and, no, this is not a beer float brew ;) . Saving one of these for the homebrewmeister next weekend...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 11th, 2009, 1:05 pm

herb wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
herb wrote:I agree. great to be among you folks!

Herb (AKA Duke74)
Glad you put the Duke74 moniker next to Herb. My first thought was you were CTG 8-)
More evidence of how much I have to learn...What's "CTG"? (Sorry)
Crazy
Towel
Guy
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 11th, 2009, 1:07 pm

devildeac wrote:I guess my celebratory face.... (Cathy and Lavabe know the reference here ;)) was Holy Sheet, an uber abbey ale from the Clipper City folks in Ball-more, Md. Deep, reddish-brown and a nice, but not great representation of the abbey, or dubble, Belgian style of brown ales. A very clean brew without much head but good tastes of dark caramel and fruits such as raisins and figs. A good choice for a night cap, dessert beer or as a beverage with medium to dark chocolate treats. The ABV is 9% and, no, this is not a beer float brew ;) . Saving one of these for the homebrewmeister next weekend...
Crap. I'm reading this thread and thinking about brews and posted this here inadvertently to commemorate the WooHoo thread. If the mods wish to move this to the beer thread, move away :oops: .
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 11th, 2009, 1:13 pm

devildeac wrote:Crap. I'm reading this thread and thinking about brews and posted this here inadvertently to commemorate the WooHoo thread. If the mods wish to move this to the beer thread, move away :oops: .
On the contrary, I propose that we all celebrate the "Up and Running" status of this board. 10PM tonight (in each of our respective time zones), however we wish to celebrate. WoooooHoooooo!! :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 11th, 2009, 2:03 pm

Lavabe wrote:

Cheers,
Lavabe
I'm in. I have to decide between my bomber of Abita Abbey Ale or my bomber of Avery Czar Imperial Stout. I have been saving both since earlier this week in honor of getting this place up and running.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » April 11th, 2009, 2:15 pm

I will toast with a glass of White Zinnfandel wine :D Thank you so much Chris!! Well done!!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 11th, 2009, 2:17 pm

Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote:Crap. I'm reading this thread and thinking about brews and posted this here inadvertently to commemorate the WooHoo thread. If the mods wish to move this to the beer thread, move away :oops: .
On the contrary, I propose that we all celebrate the "Up and Running" status of this board. 10PM tonight (in each of our respective time zones), however we wish to celebrate. WoooooHoooooo!! :D
You're on. I have a SA Imperial Stout waiting to be warmed to near room temp for this evening's brew review. :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 11th, 2009, 2:19 pm

Lavabe wrote:

Cheers,
Lavabe
I'm in. I have to decide between my bomber of Abita Abbey Ale or my bomber of Avery Czar Imperial Stout. I have been saving both since earlier this week in honor of getting this place up and running.
Just don't consume both of them tonight :lol: .
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 11th, 2009, 2:41 pm

devildeac wrote: You're on. I have a SA Imperial Stout waiting to be warmed to near room temp for this evening's brew review. :D
Looking forward to your review, have you tried one yet?
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 11th, 2009, 2:43 pm

devildeac wrote: You're on. I have a SA Imperial Stout waiting to be warmed to near room temp for this evening's brew review. :D
Looking forward to your review, have you tried one yet?
Yes, and I think I reviewed it on the OTB a couple weeks ago but will be MORE than happy to enjoy one tonight and review it here :D .
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 11th, 2009, 2:47 pm

devildeac wrote: Yes, and I think I reviewed it on the OTB a couple weeks ago but will be MORE than happy to enjoy one tonight and review it here :D .
Excellent. Now, back to the topic. Woohoo we are up and running! Toast at 10!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 11th, 2009, 2:47 pm

devildeac wrote: Crap. I'm reading this thread and thinking about brews and posted this here inadvertently to commemorate the WooHoo thread. If the mods wish to move this to the beer thread, move away :oops: .

We can edit and delete posts but cannot move them from one thread to another (at least I haven't figured out how to do so yet).
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 11th, 2009, 2:48 pm

devildeac wrote: Crazy
Towel
Guy
I think we need to recruit SG to join us.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 11th, 2009, 2:50 pm

Lavabe wrote:

I'm in as well. I think I'll go with a Guinness. If only I could get Guinness Extra Cold here in Canada. Oh to be back in London again...
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------