News Flash: Manicures While Driving = BAD

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school

News Flash: Manicures While Driving = BAD

Post by Sue71 » May 5th, 2009, 3:30 pm

Someone forgot to tell this dipshit, who wound up killing a person on a motorcycle.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: News Flash: Manicures While Driving = BAD

Post by DukieInKansas » May 5th, 2009, 3:30 pm

I read the topic and was sure hoping that you didn't learn this fact from personal experience. What do people think when they pull some of this crap?
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 5th, 2009, 8:16 pm

Who does their own nails any more?

Nail salons rock.

What a stupid woman on so many levels.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » May 5th, 2009, 8:25 pm

CathyCA wrote:Who does their own nails any more?

Nail salons rock.

Actually, I do, on occasion. Sometimes I go to the salon, sometimes I paint them myself. Just not while driving a car.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » May 5th, 2009, 11:00 pm

CathyCA wrote:Who does their own nails any more?

Nail salons rock.

I like painting my girlfriend's nails. There, I said it.
sMiles
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » May 6th, 2009, 12:56 am

I don't understand why the woman driver hasn't already been charged with manslaughter, and in jail or facing severe bail limits.
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » May 6th, 2009, 1:10 am

DevilAlumna wrote:I don't understand why the woman driver hasn't already been charged with manslaughter, and in jail or facing severe bail limits.
I was wondering that myself but maybe it's one of those situations where the more severe charges come later on... ? Regardless, I smell a lawsuit.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 6th, 2009, 3:27 am

Miles wrote: I like painting my girlfriend's nails. There, I said it.

How do you like it when she paints yours?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 6th, 2009, 12:21 pm

Yeah, I enjoy painting my wife's, too. There was a great scene about that in Bull Durham, I believe.

Doing manicure while driving, bad. I've seen women doing a PEDICURE while driving. Had her left foot up on the dashboard between the wheel and the door. I've seen women putting on makeup, including mascara, while driving, looking in the mirror more than at the road. I've seen women talking on the phone WHILE smoking a cigarette WHILE drinking coffee while driving. Talk about multi-tasking.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Miles

Post by Miles » May 6th, 2009, 12:28 pm

colchar wrote:
Miles wrote: I like painting my girlfriend's nails. There, I said it.

How do you like it when she paints yours?
LOL. I'm not too down with it.
sMiles
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 6th, 2009, 12:53 pm

I will confess to multi tasking in the car - but any make-up application is only done while stopped at a red light with one eye on the light.
Life is good!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 6th, 2009, 5:53 pm

Every once in a while the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) do a blitz on highways across the province looking for speeders, bad drivers, aggressive drivers, unsafe vehicles, etc. They always release their most unique busts to the media. A couple of years ago one involved a student at my undergrad institution who was also taking a class at the University of Toronto - one which started 45 minutes after his previous class ended at the University of Waterloo. This kid was caught speeding on his way into Toronto and explained to the officers that he did the trip a couple of times each week for class. The kicker is that UW and U of T are about 90 minutes apart. So this idiot would speed from Waterloo to Toronto a couple of times each week attempting to make it from one class to the next. He's lucky this happened before out street racing laws were brought in - if you are caught going 50kmh over the speed limit you license is immediately suspended, the vehicle is impounded (for a week IIRC), and you face a $10,000 fine upon conviction.

Another good one was the woman who was pulled over on Highway 401 (one of the busiest highways in the world) for eating a bowl of cereal while driving. She bitched about getting the ticket because, in her mind, it was unreasonable for the officer to expect her to go without breakfast before work. Dumb bitch.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 6th, 2009, 6:03 pm

There was a woman around here who got a ticket for nursing her baby WHILE driving, propping the kid between her body and the steering wheel, which had an airbag in it. She said the baby was cranky and hungry and she didn't want it to starve. Oh, yea, so much better to risk turning the baby into a hi-speed projectile with the airbag!

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 6th, 2009, 11:33 pm

bjornolf wrote:There was a woman around here who got a ticket for nursing her baby WHILE driving, propping the kid between her body and the steering wheel, which had an airbag in it. She said the baby was cranky and hungry and she didn't want it to starve. Oh, yea, so much better to risk turning the baby into a hi-speed projectile with the airbag!

%%-
That's worse than my former supervisor - she allegedly used her breast pump while driving to work. x_x :-q
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » May 7th, 2009, 12:14 am

ArkieDukie wrote: That's worse than my former supervisor - she allegedly used her breast pump while driving to work. x_x :-q
I'd be more worried about that distracting the other drivers!! :o :)) :o
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 7th, 2009, 1:42 am

bjornolf wrote:There was a woman around here who got a ticket for nursing her baby WHILE driving, propping the kid between her body and the steering wheel, which had an airbag in it. She said the baby was cranky and hungry and she didn't want it to starve. Oh, yea, so much better to risk turning the baby into a hi-speed projectile with the airbag!

%%-

There was an accident here a couple of weeks ago in which a baby was seriously injured because it was being breast fed while the car was in motion. The mother wasn't driving, the father was, but it is made worse by the fact that the father is a doctor at Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children. Fucking idiots.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » May 7th, 2009, 3:03 pm

Unbelievable! I am reading through all these posts and am in utter amazement that people would do such unbelievable things .... :-o =)) #-o
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » May 7th, 2009, 5:11 pm

cl15876 wrote:Unbelievable! I am reading through all these posts and am in utter amazement that people would do such unbelievable things .... :-o =)) #-o

Never ever underestimate people's stupidity and selfishness.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------