Brunchgate 11-14 (Social Commentary)

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Brunchgate 11-14 (Social Commentary)

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 14th, 2009, 11:22 pm

A few pics.
walk.jpg
The sun came out to make it a great day.
twins.jpg
Ozzie's long lost twin, (Ike I think). (Don't ask me how, either)
bottomsup.jpg
DukePA transitioning to Ezzie
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 15th, 2009, 8:45 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:A few pics.
walk.jpg
twins.jpg
bottomsup.jpg
Great pics. We had a great time @ Bruchgate. The food was great. Company even better. :)
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 15th, 2009, 9:20 am

Tilley, so sorry you wern't up to coming yesterday. We missed you. Ima, I am so glad you are feeling better and got to stop by. I love my new button. A lot of people saw it walking to WW and inside. I think you could make a fortune selling them. CBAB got the last one. Our BG for the 28th will be wonderful. Hoping everone can come. GO DUKE!! :) :ymdevil:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 15th, 2009, 9:59 am

DukePA wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:The game blew, but BG was fun as always, we had a great crowd today and the weather behaved for a change. Always lots of fun seeing everyone, the aftergame company was just as good as the pregame and just as fun...except for the lack of alchohol. Damn driving responsibilities!
Thank you again for driving Ezzmarellda's drunk ass back to the beach! You rock!
And she was still awake to post at 10:32 p.m.? I'm impressed! :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » November 15th, 2009, 10:16 am

The way tailgating in the Card Gym Lot has evolved this football season has been a wonderful experience up and down along the row of tents. While there are a few exceptions, people who don't mingle much, most of the people are interesting and gracious. It's been a great experience seeing the numbers at the parties along the row increase and flourish as each month passed. The fun to be had sharing a meal with others can't be equaled!

The conversations with passersby have been interesting and entertaining as well. Some conversations have been with students or faculty from other countries who stop and ask about what was going on. Other times it's been fans attired in the colors of the visiting team who stop and talk. A few times there have been reunions with friends from many years ago who see someone they know in our tent and join us. We even gave first aid the first game to an older man whose battle with Parkinson's made him especially vulnerable to the heat that afternoon.

Here's to late afternoon kick offs and extended days!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 15th, 2009, 2:46 pm

I enjoyed meeting Rolvix/CellR's great-aunt at Brunchgate yesterday when she stopped by.

(Truth be told, I didn't know that she was Rolvix's great-aunt until this morning at church when Rolvix's grandmother told me that ABF had been over at our Brunchgate tent. Ozzie, did you know that ABF was Rolvix's great-aunt?)
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 15th, 2009, 4:59 pm

CathyCA wrote:I enjoyed meeting Rolvix/CellR's great-aunt at Brunchgate yesterday when she stopped by.

(Truth be told, I didn't know that she was Rolvix's great-aunt until this morning at church when Rolvix's grandmother told me that ABF had been over at our Brunchgate tent. Ozzie, did you know that ABF was Rolvix's great-aunt?)
I learned that they were related when Rolex was at BG last month, but honestly, I had forgotten, and I wouldn't have put the "great aunt" label on her. ABF and I go way back to the beginning of the DBR, when I met her at an early tailgate. I'm sorry she ran off when she did and never came back by, even after the game.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
August West
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by August West » November 16th, 2009, 4:01 pm

Thanks to everyone for a great time, food and beer samplers. Hope to see everyone on the 28th.

AW. :D
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 17th, 2009, 10:13 am

August West wrote:Thanks to everyone for a great time, food and beer samplers. Hope to see everyone on the 28th.

AW. :D
Our last hooray for this years football season. Its going to be a one for the books. I hope lots of CTNers can make ithis one. :) All :ymdevil:, at least try to make it to the game. Support our team. LETS GO DUKE! :ymdevil: