Brunchgate 11-14 Edition (Menu & Attendance)

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: Brunchgate 11-14 Edition (Menu & Attendance)

Post by DevilAlumna » November 13th, 2009, 12:30 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:I'm not feeling too chipper today. :-s Hoping it's just a 24 hour thing. I'm waiting to see before I commit to bringing something. I don't know if standing and cooking is in my future tomorrow. Keeping the faith, however.
Love, Ima
:ymhug: :ymhug: and :wizard: :wizard: that it's just a momentary, passing thing, and you're ready to go cheer on our boys on Saturday!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 13th, 2009, 12:42 am

Feel better quick, Ima. }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
TNTDevil
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by TNTDevil » November 13th, 2009, 1:02 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
devildeac wrote:Hoping TNTDevil will summarize the gang and the goodies tomorrow.
Me too, that job sucks. :D
Patience young padawans...

Okay first count looks like this:
TNTDevil (+8)- Scrambled eggs, French Toast, Sausage-cheese balls, bacon, Grilled potatoes, Cinnamon-swirl raisin nut bread, iced tea, adult beverages of great variety;
CB&B- steamed oysters;
D2 (+1)-?
Ozzie- ?
VDB (+1)- Apple Bacon bites;
Tilly- Potato casserole
Duke2narow (+1)- breakfast casserole;
CathyCA (+3)- chips, salsa, soft drinks.

So, total peeps- 22.

Given that Vinnie Rey and VO are out for the game, it could make for a long game. So, I'm gonna' bring my TV in case some of us wish to adjourn to the tent @ halftime. Should we attempt, at this late hour, to adjust our menu for this possibility?
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."- Mark Twain
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 13th, 2009, 1:08 am

Since I won't be on the Oxycodone, I'll bring Bud Light, and probably a dozen donuts to enjoy as well.

I'm looking forward to the non-crunchy breakfast foods. Nothing crunchy for me for a while so the gum can heal.

As noted above, the tents won't be taken down until 4, so we could try to have some post game goodies if we want. And you know they would take our tent down last if we are still there; heck, we don't really need the tent up anyway since the weather will (finally) be dry.

shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » November 13th, 2009, 5:01 am

I am sorry to be so last minute, but have been undecided about what to do tomorrow. I believe I'll join you, but don't have time to make anything so will stop by Panera for bagels - any preferences? Would coffee be good, too? It will be just me, although my sister and nephew may stop in to pick me up when they get to the game at the last minute. I doubt they will eat, but he's 16 so you never know (hungry 24/7).
Ima - I do hope you've only got a 24-hour thing. Feel better! And I hope all the rest of the walking wounded are feeling better as well.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 13th, 2009, 7:17 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:I'm not feeling too chipper today. :-s Hoping it's just a 24 hour thing. I'm waiting to see before I commit to bringing something. I don't know if standing and cooking is in my future tomorrow. Keeping the faith, however.
Love, Ima
Me too. I'm 75% sure I will not be attending, going into my second day with a sore throat. As things start pretty early tomorrow morning, I'll likely make my decision by the end of the day.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 13th, 2009, 7:32 am

Hope you make are feeling better and are able to join us Ima. DukePa will be there as well, her heelier half is dropping her off before he makes his way to Chapel Hill.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 13th, 2009, 8:12 am

Love, Ima
Ima and Tilley, wishing you both a speedy recovery. I'm sure you agree, being sick is such a waste of time. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 13th, 2009, 8:28 am

To those who are sick: we love you all and send our vibes, but please stay home and get better, especially if it is anything that might be contagious! Not only for our sake, but remember the team walks by us ~10 and they certainly don't need to catch anything either!

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 13th, 2009, 9:13 am

TNTDevil wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
devildeac wrote:Hoping TNTDevil will summarize the gang and the goodies tomorrow.
Me too, that job sucks. :D
Patience young padawans...

Okay first count looks like this:
TNTDevil (+8)- Scrambled eggs, French Toast, Sausage-cheese balls, bacon, Grilled potatoes, Cinnamon-swirl raisin nut bread, iced tea, adult beverages of great variety;
CB&B- steamed oysters;
D2 (+1)-?
Ozzie- ?
VDB (+1)- Apple Bacon bites;
Tilly- Potato casserole
Duke2narow (+1)- breakfast casserole;
CathyCA (+3)- chips, salsa, soft drinks.

So, total peeps- 22.

Given that Vinnie Rey and VO are out for the game, it could make for a long game. So, I'm gonna' bring my TV in case some of us wish to adjourn to the tent @ halftime. Should we attempt, at this late hour, to adjust our menu for this possibility?
Mrs DD will be staying at home recovering from her knee surgery. She is abiding by the "letter of the law" (aka post-op instructions) that says she should keep her foot elevated for 3-4 days and dangling it for ~ 7 hours tomorrow is not what she plans on doing. :(

Hmm... wonder if coming home with a wheel chair today would change her mind... :Think:

Undecided what to bring (outside of the beer bombers for sampling and a couple 6ers for trading)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » November 13th, 2009, 1:10 pm

I know you guys will be shocked to learn that I, the Mimosa Wench, am bringing mimosas :)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 13th, 2009, 2:57 pm

A fruit tray. Good with breakfast, lunch and fine, handcrafted ales.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 13th, 2009, 8:09 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:To those who are sick: we love you all and send our vibes, but please stay home and get better, especially if it is anything that might be contagious! Not only for our sake, but remember the team walks by us ~10 and they certainly don't need to catch anything either!
I'm going to stay home. :(( :((

If anyone wants to borrow the cow bell, let me know. Please cheer extra loud for me.
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » November 13th, 2009, 8:22 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:To those who are sick: we love you all and send our vibes, but please stay home and get better, especially if it is anything that might be contagious! Not only for our sake, but remember the team walks by us ~10 and they certainly don't need to catch anything either!
I'm going to stay home. :(( :((

If anyone wants to borrow the cow bell, let me know. Please cheer extra loud for me.
Feel better Tilly. We will miss you.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » November 13th, 2009, 10:56 pm

I'm still "day to day". I did go to the game tonight and did okay. It's a tummy thing with a headache that comes in waves. Hard to describe.I'm good for short periods but I don't know about a whole day of football. I just put a cinnamon cake in the oven in case I feel okay tomorrow. I want to be prepared. It would freeze well for the next game if I don't make it.

By the way......nobody was hanging his head in Cameron tonight. The place rocked and the team looked focused and banded together and determined. My favorite cheer......"OH, CZYZ!"
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 13th, 2009, 11:07 pm

Hope you make it Ima..three coolers full of oysters that need company. We are going to steam some, and truly roast the others. Tim has all of his breakfast food packed..so we are ready to go. GO DUKE!, Wreck Tech!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 14th, 2009, 7:48 pm

And once again, a great time was had by all! We send major ass healing vibes to those who were sick and stayed home, and hope you are feeling better tonight. And we left Sue a singing Happy Birthday message on her cell phone!

Thanks to TNTDevil for another fabulous job of setting up and cooking, and to CB&B for the oyster roast! Ymmm!

CB&B and Cowboy will be handling the next and final Brunchgate of the year on November 28th, the Wake Forest game, as TNT will be doing his Thanksgiving thing up north (family obligations he just couldn't get out of...)

A word of advance notice for the 28th. This will be a MAJOR Brunchgating event and we urge you to attend. We are combining our efforts with our next door neighbors, Omega Psi Phi, who will be cooking a whole pig, and we will be contributing grilled steaks (either ribeyes or NY Strips, I don't know which yet and won't for ~10 days), and CB&B's ribs. Y'all bring the other stuff and fixin's. This is regardless of what time the game is on the 28th. If it is a noon game, major consuming will carry over to after the game, so don't plan on leaving early!

Let's hope we beat Miami next week and then Wake to become bowl eligible!

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 15th, 2009, 8:58 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Hope you make it Ima..three coolers full of oysters that need company. We are going to steam some, and truly roast the others. Tim has all of his breakfast food packed..so we are ready to go. GO DUKE!, Wreck Tech!
This BG was fab. The 28th BG will be fab also. What better time could anyone have? If any who has participated and didn't have fun, I feel sorry for them. What a great group of people we have, I am including our next door neighbors, Darrell and his group, Omega Psi Phi. What a nice combo of people. :) :ymhug: ;;) GO DUKE!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » November 15th, 2009, 11:51 am

I was so disappointed that I could only stop by for a minute or two. Getting out of the blocks early enough for the earlier party wasn't in the cards for me with all that was going on. The season has seemed so short. The BGs have gone by so fast. (Maybe not to TNT who has done the lion's share of the work as chief cook and bottle washer.) But, looking back, it's fascinating to note everything that has happened in all our lives since the first one of the season!

I think what I'll do in the future with buttons is to try to come up with new ideas and just bring a little box to each BG for folks to grab and add to their collections. So anybody who has ideas for me to try for specific games should let me know. I agree that the "go to hell" buttons should be a staple.

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 15th, 2009, 5:01 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote: I agree that the "go to hell" buttons should be a staple.

Love, Ima
I gave mine away to a fraternity brother when I met him at half time. I'm hoping to get a replacement on the 28th! :D