LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DevilAlumna » May 2nd, 2009, 1:54 pm

I just have to share, because it's something I never thought I'd ever say in my lifetime -- I installed a hot water heater! Well, okay, so Mr. DA was the primary installer, but I did help cut, flux and solder the copper piping, set the thermostat, check the water lines, etc. I thought he was crazy when he brought one home from Home Depot (our old "9-year" electric one went kaput after 25 years), but once we had the right tools and supplies, it only took 4 hours from start to finish. Saved about $300, too!

Woohoo for being handy around the house! Now, on to tackle the weeds in my front landscaping!
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » May 2nd, 2009, 6:42 pm

Holy crap... the overhead view of Mine That Bird coming from behind was insane... it was perfect! 50-1... wow.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » May 2nd, 2009, 9:45 pm

Ezmarellda here boys and girls! Oy gevalt, am I lit!! My boy toy and I just got home from my childhood friend's daughter's wedding!! I lost count of how many beers I downed, but I'm convinced I have extended my life by at least 20 years! (thank you TOWEL board thread :D ) Must pass out, (-| and avoid a fucking hangover :p
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » May 2nd, 2009, 11:52 pm

Must. Continue. Cleaning. :-q ~x( :-l
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 3rd, 2009, 12:10 am

DukePA wrote:Ezmarellda here boys and girls! Oy gevalt, am I lit!! My boy toy and I just got home from my childhood friend's daughter's wedding!! I lost count of how many beers I downed, but I'm convinced I have extended my life by at least 20 years! (thank you TOWEL board thread :D ) Must pass out, (-| and avoid a fucking hangover :p
Let's compare balance sheets tomorrow... :oops:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 3rd, 2009, 12:12 am

Amazing. I have been about 4 days with limited internet access and I :oops: :lol: am still on top of Tilly.

Ooops, that did NOT come out right...
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » May 3rd, 2009, 12:27 am

devildeac wrote:Amazing. I have been about 4 days with limited internet access and I :oops: :lol: am still on top of Tilly.

Ooops, that did NOT come out right...
=)) :)) =)) :))

Shhh, don't tell Knights68! He seems to think she's in Hawaii with her parents!!! ;) ;) ;)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 3rd, 2009, 12:49 am

DevilAlumna wrote:I just have to share, because it's something I never thought I'd ever say in my lifetime -- I installed a hot water heater! Well, okay, so Mr. DA was the primary installer, but I did help cut, flux and solder the copper piping, set the thermostat, check the water lines, etc. I thought he was crazy when he brought one home from Home Depot (our old "9-year" electric one went kaput after 25 years), but once we had the right tools and supplies, it only took 4 hours from start to finish. Saved about $300, too!

Woohoo for being handy around the house! Now, on to tackle the weeds in my front landscaping!
Round Up...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 3rd, 2009, 1:01 am

Only registered user on line currently...

Unique or obsessed...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » May 3rd, 2009, 1:02 am

Only registered user on line currently...

Unique or obsessed...

Double posting...

More like embarrassing...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 3rd, 2009, 1:19 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I'm getting ready to go offline for a few days. Am moving to the new place today, but my internet service won't be up until Wednesday. That's probably a good thing; it will make me keep to the business of moving! Have fun, all! \m/
Good luck!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 3rd, 2009, 7:25 am

Sue71 wrote:Holy crap... the overhead view of Mine That Bird coming from behind was insane... it was perfect! 50-1... wow.
Glad I didn't bet that race. I guess someone up in Canada gets some of the credit for getting that gelding into the Derby. As you can imagine, lots of local coverage of the race. One of the women anchors wore an all chartreuse outfit, complete with chartreuse ugly hat. :ymsick: :ymsick:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » May 3rd, 2009, 10:04 am

Every year on Derby Day my oldest son and I peruse the morning paper and pick a horse. We had quite a string going in the late '90s, early 00's where one or the other of us picked the right horse 5 years in a row. (I bowed to his greatness the year he picked Giacomo.) We've had a drought lately though with the biggest disappointment being my Street Sense pick that I changed at the last minute because I didn't think he looked 'frisky' as he walked to the gate. Did either of us pick Mine That Bird? Oh, hell no. I'll go for medium long shots but I never pick a horse that goes off at 50-1. (No money is involved.) My horse yesterday, Hold Me Back, finished 5th. Last year I had Eight Belles, yeah, that was tough to explain to three year old. Hard for me to take too.

This year, Ronnie joined us in picking a horse. He had Dunkirk before the race but changed it to Mine That Bird afterwards. When you're 4, you get to do that. (Don't worry, we're not counting it as a win ;) )

In all the years of doing this, the horse I still can't believe didn't win was Easy Goer. I thought then and continue to believe that Easy Goer was way better than Sunday Silence. The jockey lost the Preakness for him too with some bad mistakes and it was somebody really good but I've forgotten who it was, probably on purpose.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » May 3rd, 2009, 10:13 am

DevilAlumna wrote:I just have to share, because it's something I never thought I'd ever say in my lifetime -- I installed a hot water heater! Well, okay, so Mr. DA was the primary installer, but I did help cut, flux and solder the copper piping, set the thermostat, check the water lines, etc. I thought he was crazy when he brought one home from Home Depot (our old "9-year" electric one went kaput after 25 years), but once we had the right tools and supplies, it only took 4 hours from start to finish. Saved about $300, too!

25? I paid a guy to put in a new one for me 3 months ago. My old one lasted about the same. We definitely got our money's worth from those old ones.

Hot Water Heater
Why does one need to heat hot water? :-\
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo

Post by captmojo » May 3rd, 2009, 10:22 am

DukePA wrote:Ezmarellda here boys and girls! Oy gevalt, am I lit!! My boy toy and I just got home from my childhood friend's daughter's wedding!! I lost count of how many beers I downed, but I'm convinced I have extended my life by at least 20 years! (thank you TOWEL board thread :D ) Must pass out, (-| and avoid a fucking hangover :p
How's the head today, Ezzie? 8-x 8-x 8-x 8-x 8-x 8-x 8-x 8-x 8-x 8-x 8-x
captmojo

Post by captmojo » May 3rd, 2009, 10:26 am

devildeac wrote:Only registered user on line currently...

Unique or obsessed...

Double posting...

More like embarrassing...
You are not alone.
You're never alone with a schizophrenic. :)) :-t 8-} O:-) :ymdevil:
captmojo

Post by captmojo » May 3rd, 2009, 10:27 am

Bostondevil wrote:Every year on Derby Day my oldest son and I peruse the morning paper and pick a horse. We had quite a string going in the late '90s, early 00's where one or the other of us picked the right horse 5 years in a row. (I bowed to his greatness the year he picked Giacomo.) We've had a drought lately though with the biggest disappointment being my Street Sense pick that I changed at the last minute because I didn't think he looked 'frisky' as he walked to the gate. Did either of us pick Mine That Bird? Oh, hell no. I'll go for medium long shots but I never pick a horse that goes off at 50-1. (No money is involved.) My horse yesterday, Hold Me Back, finished 5th. Last year I had Eight Belles, yeah, that was tough to explain to three year old. Hard for me to take too.

This year, Ronnie joined us in picking a horse. He had Dunkirk before the race but changed it to Mine That Bird afterwards. When you're 4, you get to do that. (Don't worry, we're not counting it as a win ;) )

In all the years of doing this, the horse I still can't believe didn't win was Easy Goer. I thought then and continue to believe that Easy Goer was way better than Sunday Silence. The jockey lost the Preakness for him too with some bad mistakes and it was somebody really good but I've forgotten who it was, probably on purpose.
Was "Mine" the last one to do his business before the race? :-?
captmojo

Post by captmojo » May 3rd, 2009, 10:27 am

Damn! 5 in a row! \m/
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » May 3rd, 2009, 10:55 am

Bostondevil wrote: My horse yesterday, Hold Me Back, finished 5th. Last year I had Eight Belles, yeah, that was tough to explain to three year old. Hard for me to take too.
Oops, my horse Chocolate Candy finished 5th. Andrew's horse - Hold Me Back - finished 12th.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » May 3rd, 2009, 10:56 am

For the record, my last correct pick was Smarty Jones in 2004.