Crazie Dogs

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Crazie Dogs

Post by windsor » April 10th, 2009, 8:24 am

Wizard, Tervuren Terrific has passed his Delta Society Evaluations as well as his Therapy Dog Internal Tests (http://www.tdi-dog.org/) in addition to his ‘duties’ in the memory unit at a nursing him he will be part of a Reading with Rover program (http://www.readingwithrover.org/).

He rocks.
Wizard 11-06-1.JPG
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
IamDuke
PW in training
PW in training

Re: Crazie Dogs

Post by IamDuke » April 10th, 2009, 8:37 am

Beautiful dog with a great job...Is he yours?
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 10th, 2009, 8:40 am

IamDuke wrote:Beautiful dog with a great job...Is he yours?
He is indeed...he is as smart as he is beautiful. :D
He does agility, herding, freestyle, therapy, obedience and rally...everything but field and protection work.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
herb
PW in training
PW in training

Post by herb » April 10th, 2009, 9:34 am

windsor wrote:Wizard, Tervuren Terrific has passed his Delta Society Evaluations as well as his Therapy Dog Internal Tests (http://www.tdi-dog.org/) in addition to his ‘duties’ in the memory unit at a nursing him he will be part of a Reading with Rover program (http://www.readingwithrover.org/).
He rocks.

That is a great breed. Smart and beautiful. Of course, I'm an Airedale sort of guy himself! (as you know, I think)

;)

(Anyone...how do you insert a picture? THANKS)
Last edited by TillyGalore on April 10th, 2009, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote tag.
AKA Duke74
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 10th, 2009, 9:48 am

herb wrote:
That is a great breed. Smart and beautiful. Of course, I'm an Airedale sort of guy himself! (as you know, I think)

;)

..and like Airedales they are NOT for everyone! I do a lot of meet and greets with him, and spend a fair amount of time giving people all the reasons they do not want a Tervuren!

I sent you a PM on how to insert a picture - let me know if it ever shows up (it seems to be haning in my 'outbox' right now)
herb
PW in training
PW in training

Post by herb » April 10th, 2009, 11:35 am

windsor wrote:
herb wrote:

;)

..and like Airedales they are NOT for everyone! I do a lot of meet and greets with him, and spend a fair amount of time giving people all the reasons they do not want a Tervuren!

I sent you a PM on how to insert a picture - let me know if it ever shows up (it seems to be haning in my 'outbox' right now)

My guy:
Kal.JPG
AKA Duke74
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 10th, 2009, 11:54 am

He's in doggie jail!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
herb
PW in training
PW in training

Post by herb » April 10th, 2009, 1:11 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:He's in doggie jail!
Funny. Actually looks like it - but a jail for cuties of course.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 10th, 2009, 1:14 pm

Herb, he's gorgeous and I love your avatar!
herb
PW in training
PW in training

Post by herb » April 10th, 2009, 1:23 pm

windsor wrote:Herb, he's gorgeous and I love your avatar!
Thanks, Loni. Believe it or not, I got it from an Italian Airedale lover who used it on a FB group posting (there are at least 3 Airedale groups). Emailed her and she sent the file to me. Global social networking (and ADT loving) at its most effective.

He's really cute when grown out. I have one (right after the CH) where he looks like an Ewok. But less healthy for him (ear clogging, etc, for the breed - anerobic ears with the flaps).

Herb
AKA Duke74
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 10th, 2009, 1:51 pm

herb wrote:(ear clogging, etc, for the breed - anerobic ears with the flaps).
Herb

You don't have to tell me about ears! I thought the poodle had ear issues until I got the lab...drop years, with very heavy ear leather - pretty much makes an air tight seal. Lucky for me the old reliable vinegar/alcohol mix usually does the trick.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 11th, 2009, 4:01 am

I've always liked Terriers, especially Irish Terriers but am considering getting a smooth Collie. Does anyone here have any experience with them (so far as I know, they are identical to Collies except for the coat).
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 13th, 2009, 8:44 am

colchar wrote:I've always liked Terriers, especially Irish Terriers but am considering getting a smooth Collie. Does anyone here have any experience with them (so far as I know, they are identical to Collies except for the coat).
I've worked with several smooths in training. The AKC standard says they should be identical except for coat lenght. I've found the smooths to have a better work ethic and be more trainable than the rough collies. All the ones I've worked with have been excellent dogs. I can' say that about the 'rough' version. I think their over the top popularity during the 'Lassie' years may have ruined the breed for good - I know some rough breeders who are talking about breeding in to smooth lines to get the brains/working drive back.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 22nd, 2011, 5:11 am

Georgia the Wonderdog enjoys the change of season.
Lots of ball and frisbee time!!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 20th, 2014, 1:38 pm

Hey windsor... check out this study...
http://news.discovery.com/animals/pets/ ... 140220.htm
Cool! :O3
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 20th, 2014, 5:10 pm

Lavabe wrote:Hey windsor... check out this study...

this is awesome. I always knew they understood more than they let on.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » February 21st, 2014, 11:16 am

Lavabe wrote:Hey windsor... check out this study...
I agree that our pups are far more intelligent than anyone likes to give them credit for! They are awesome!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: