CTC Tonight

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

CTC Tonight

Post by devildeac » October 16th, 2009, 2:58 pm

Anyone going? How 'bout some reports later today? ;) Dukediv2012?
My wife and older daughter will be in attendance and I will not due to call responsibilities :(. I'll get some reports from her but I guess they'll be mostly about the cheerleaders ;) :D . I'll also see if she can spell Plumlee correctly :roll: . And not once, but twice ;) :D.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: CTC Tonight

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 16th, 2009, 4:37 pm

Wish I was going, it's the only time we'll be able to see Seth Curry in uniform until next year. I'll get to see the rest of the team in action next weekend though. :D Anyways, like DD, I'm anxiously looking forward to reports.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » October 16th, 2009, 11:40 pm

WELL!!!!! It was absolutely spectacular! That's all! It was super show biz from start to finish. I only wish Harrison Barnes hadn't missed it. It was Duke at it's finest. Gerald Henderson may be making a lot of money this year, but he sure will miss the time of his life.

How does the team look? Well, even the Ol' Prof (the eternal pessimist) says "We look really good."

I can't wipe the smile off my face. :D
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 17th, 2009, 8:11 pm

It was fun.

The biggest thrill was seeing Christian Laettner, and telling my Christian, "I named you after that guy." Now I need to figure out how to get my Christian up close and personal with Christian Laettner, to get a picture of the two of them. Does anyone have any connections? ;;)

The biggest surprise was the amount of gray hair that Bobby Hurley has.

We didn't see much of the videos because one of the lights attached to the truss that had been installed for Countdown to Craziness was smack in the middle of our line of sight to the video screen. That stupid light blocked our view of much of the videos. I'm glad that we can see the videos online. The funniest one was the Titanic video.

We had great seats. Many thanks to the great and powerful Oz for helping us obtain our tickets!

In terms of basketball, I'm really glad we got to see Seth Curry. I can't wait for next year!

Nolan was funny, channeling Johnny D. He was also GREAT out on the court. I loved seeing Olek Czyz and Andrew Dawkins win the dunk contest. If I were voting, I would have given it to Olek. His winning dunk through the legs was spectacular.

I liked the way the players were introduced with the lights down and the spotlights swirling on them. The new LED boards down on press row were a nice addition to Cameron.

There were lots of contests involving the students--like musical Chairs for a mountain bike; Knockout for a basketball jersey; students challenging the pep band to Blue Devil surfing. The cheerleaders were so good and kept the crowd pumped. The band was good, the Dancing Devils were entertaining, Deja Blue sang tight harmony on the National Anthem (they could have used more soprano, and that was probably a sound issue more than anything else). The students were on fire! I hope they remain that enthusiastic throughout the season.

I loved watching Kyle, Jon, the Plumlees and Nolan play. Zoub was tentative, although the beard makes him look scary. Now he needs to play like a scary man.

As I mentioned in the LTE, Brodhead wore a carolina blue shirt to the scrimmage. DUH.

Mickie Krzyzewski and her brood sat nearby. She held Jamie's baby the entire scrimmage, and Debbie's four kids were sitting so politely in the row beside her. Debbie was running all around Cameron with her Madonna-like headset on. She was the producer for the Countdown to Craziness show, and she did a very good job of putting on a wonderful event.

I have lots of pictures, and I'll try to post some this weekend, or maybe 8-x can post some of his.

This season is going to be fun. Let's go Duke!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 17th, 2009, 10:35 pm

CathyCA wrote:It was fun.

The biggest thrill was seeing Christian Laettner, and telling my Christian, "I named you after that guy." Now I need to figure out how to get my Christian up close and personal with Christian Laettner, to get a picture of the two of them. Does anyone have any connections? ;;)

The biggest surprise was the amount of gray hair that Bobby Hurley has.

We didn't see much of the videos because one of the lights attached to the truss that had been installed for Countdown to Craziness was smack in the middle of our line of sight to the video screen. That stupid light blocked our view of much of the videos. I'm glad that we can see the videos online. The funniest one was the Titanic video.

We had great seats. Many thanks to the great and powerful Oz for helping us obtain our tickets!

In terms of basketball, I'm really glad we got to see Seth Curry. I can't wait for next year!

Nolan was funny, channeling Johnny D. He was also GREAT out on the court. I loved seeing Olek Czyz and Andrew Dawkins win the dunk contest. If I were voting, I would have given it to Olek. His winning dunk through the legs was spectacular.

I liked the way the players were introduced with the lights down and the spotlights swirling on them. The new LED boards down on press row were a nice addition to Cameron.

There were lots of contests involving the students--like musical Chairs for a mountain bike; Knockout for a basketball jersey; students challenging the pep band to Blue Devil surfing. The cheerleaders were so good and kept the crowd pumped. The band was good, the Dancing Devils were entertaining, Deja Blue sang tight harmony on the National Anthem (they could have used more soprano, and that was probably a sound issue more than anything else). The students were on fire! I hope they remain that enthusiastic throughout the season.

I loved watching Kyle, Jon, the Plumlees and Nolan play. Zoub was tentative, although the beard makes him look scary. Now he needs to play like a scary man.

As I mentioned in the LTE, Brodhead wore a carolina blue shirt to the scrimmage. DUH.

Mickie Krzyzewski and her brood sat nearby. She held Jamie's baby the entire scrimmage, and Debbie's four kids were sitting so politely in the row beside her. Debbie was running all around Cameron with her Madonna-like headset on. She was the producer for the Countdown to Craziness show, and she did a very good job of putting on a wonderful event.

I have lots of pictures, and I'll try to post some this weekend, or maybe 8-x can post some of his.

This season is going to be fun. Let's go Duke!
Great report. Thanks for sharing.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.