Car review wanted: 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Car review wanted: 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Post by Lavabe » October 12th, 2009, 7:03 pm

The 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid... anyone try it out? What do you think of it?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Car review wanted: 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Post by Lavabe » October 12th, 2009, 7:24 pm

I have already tried the Toyota Prius. I'd love to know if I can fit in a Fusion Hybrid. In other words, I can't find one around me to try out. I would also like to see the Nissan Altima Hybrid.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 12th, 2009, 8:17 pm

Lavabe wrote:I have already tried the Toyota Prius. I'd love to know if I can fit in a Fusion Hybrid. In other words, I can't find one around me to try out. I would also like to see the Nissan Altima Hybrid.
They have one at the Ford dealer about a mile from the house. With options it listed for ~$32,000. That was all I needed to know about it.

The Nissan is only sold in limited area of the country. I saw a map somewhere online, but can't find it now.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 12th, 2009, 9:35 pm

Test drove one this summer, but only for about 10 miles. My usual test drive is several hundred ;) :D . Mid-sized car just a bit smaller than the previous generation Accord. About 190 HP, IIRC, with a 4 cylinder engine and reasonable leg/hip/trunk/shoulder room, but then again, I'm not 6'7", nor will I transport any collards in my trunk. :roll: :)) =)) And no junk in my trunk jokes either. :roll: One of the auto mags reviewed this recently and rated it above the Malibu, Altima and one other that I just can't remember. This is on the list for one of our next vehicles. Would the Honda Civic or newly designed Insight "fit" you? I know the manager of the sales managers at a local Honda dealer and one of my patients is parts and service manager for a local Ford dealer. Call me for further details. :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 12th, 2009, 10:07 pm

I know nothing about the hybrid but I can say that I found the cockpit of the Fusion to be too small for me. I drove one for a couple of weeks (a rental given to me after I was involved in an accident that totaled my car) and just couldn't get comfortable due to the lack of room - especially head room. I am only 6'1" 235lbs so it isn't as if I am a giant or anything. If you are anywhere near my size the cockpit might be an issue for you.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 13th, 2009, 4:48 am

I wonder if the 2010 has any more room.
The MSRP is something like 27000, not 30000. I know that I fit in the Civic hybrid and the Prius.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 13th, 2009, 7:48 am

Lavabe wrote:I wonder if the 2010 has any more room.
The MSRP is something like 27000, not 30000. I know that I fit in the Civic hybrid and the Prius.
Most of the FFH come with a $3K or a $5K option pkg. Let me know about the HCH. I have no Toyota connection.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 13th, 2009, 9:59 am

Lavabe wrote:I wonder if the 2010 has any more room.
Though the 2010 Ford Fusion is a redesign, interior dimensions appear to be pretty much exactly the same as the previous model.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 14th, 2009, 7:47 am

devildeac wrote:Test drove one this summer, but only for about 10 miles. My usual test drive is several hundred ;) :D . Mid-sized car just a bit smaller than the previous generation Accord. About 190 HP, IIRC, with a 4 cylinder engine and reasonable leg/hip/trunk/shoulder room, but then again, I'm not 6'7", nor will I transport any collards in my trunk. :roll: :)) =)) And no junk in my trunk jokes either. :roll: One of the auto mags reviewed this recently and rated it above the Malibu, Altima and one other that I just can't remember. This is on the list for one of our next vehicles. Would the Honda Civic or newly designed Insight "fit" you? I know the manager of the sales managers at a local Honda dealer and one of my patients is parts and service manager for a local Ford dealer. Call me for further details. :D
I remembered last PM that the 4th car in the review was the Camry Hybrid and the FFH was the best of the lot. I still can't recall whether this was in Car and Driver or Road and Track.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » October 14th, 2009, 8:32 am

devildeac wrote:I remembered last PM that the 4th car in the review was the Camry Hybrid and the FFH was the best of the lot. I still can't recall whether this was in Car and Driver or Road and Track.
In a desperate bid to increase circulation, Hearst magazines offered a long list of mags for $6.99 for the first year. I added both of the above mentioned titles to my list of subscribed periodicals.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 14th, 2009, 8:54 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
devildeac wrote:I remembered last PM that the 4th car in the review was the Camry Hybrid and the FFH was the best of the lot. I still can't recall whether this was in Car and Driver or Road and Track.
In a desperate bid to increase circulation, Hearst magazines offered a long list of mags for $6.99 for the first year. I added both of the above mentioned titles to my list of subscribed periodicals.
I like both those mags. What have they said about the A4? ;) :D
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 14th, 2009, 9:51 am

devildeac wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
It lost to the Bimmer yet again... :((
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 14th, 2009, 9:54 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
devildeac wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:In a desperate bid to increase circulation, Hearst magazines offered a long list of mags for $6.99 for the first year. I added both of the above mentioned titles to my list of subscribed periodicals.
Damn porcupines... ;) :D :)) =))
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 14th, 2009, 11:23 am

I was going to look at the Ford Fusion in May when I bought my car but didn't - I really wanted a nice dark blue and the FFH didn't come in the proper shade of blue - only some mamby pamby light blue was available in the hybrid.

I went with a Camry Hybrid and have been enjoying it. The mpg is lower for the Camry Hybrid than the Prius or Fusion. Since this is my 4th car and I plan on having it for a while, I didn't want to compromise on the color and other features. Although the hybrid was a compromise because I couldn't get leather and moon roof in a manual transmission.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 14th, 2009, 12:07 pm

devildeac wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
devildeac wrote: I like both those mags. What have they said about the A4? ;) :D
Damn porcupines... ;) :D :)) =))
Just call me Queen of the Quills

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
August West
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by August West » October 14th, 2009, 3:40 pm

devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:Test drove one this summer, but only for about 10 miles. My usual test drive is several hundred ;) :D . Mid-sized car just a bit smaller than the previous generation Accord. About 190 HP, IIRC, with a 4 cylinder engine and reasonable leg/hip/trunk/shoulder room, but then again, I'm not 6'7", nor will I transport any collards in my trunk. :roll: :)) =)) And no junk in my trunk jokes either. :roll: One of the auto mags reviewed this recently and rated it above the Malibu, Altima and one other that I just can't remember. This is on the list for one of our next vehicles. Would the Honda Civic or newly designed Insight "fit" you? I know the manager of the sales managers at a local Honda dealer and one of my patients is parts and service manager for a local Ford dealer. Call me for further details. :D
I remembered last PM that the 4th car in the review was the Camry Hybrid and the FFH was the best of the lot. I still can't recall whether this was in Car and Driver or Road and Track.
The review was in Car & Driver. They also had short take review in an earlier issue. You can check them out on their web site. Moneywise, the payback on the gas mileage difference takes a long, long time. The main reason to buy a hybrid, IMO, would be for environmental concerns. AW. :twocents:
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 14th, 2009, 3:52 pm

August West wrote:
devildeac wrote:
The review was in Car & Driver. They also had short take review in an earlier issue. You can check them out on their web site. Moneywise, the payback on the gas mileage difference takes a long, long time. The main reason to buy a hybrid, IMO, would be for environmental concerns. AW. :twocents:
I definitely agree that environmental concerns and using less gas (less dependence on foreign oil) are the main reasons behind a hybrid. I doubt I will ever make up the difference between a Camry and a Camry Hybrid in gas savings. I do enjoy getting 10-15mpg more in the hybrid than in the '95 Altima I replaced.
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 14th, 2009, 4:09 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:I definitely agree that environmental concerns and using less gas (less dependence on foreign oil) are the main reasons behind a hybrid. I doubt I will ever make up the difference between a Camry and a Camry Hybrid in gas savings. I do enjoy getting 10-15mpg more in the hybrid than in the '95 Altima I replaced.
With me, it's the environmental concerns and using less gas. The Ford option also has me thinking American manufacturer for my first time.

Oddly enough, like DukieInKansas, this would be a replacement for my '95 Altima.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » October 14th, 2009, 4:23 pm

Lavabe wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:I definitely agree that environmental concerns and using less gas (less dependence on foreign oil) are the main reasons behind a hybrid. I doubt I will ever make up the difference between a Camry and a Camry Hybrid in gas savings. I do enjoy getting 10-15mpg more in the hybrid than in the '95 Altima I replaced.
With me, it's the environmental concerns and using less gas. The Ford option also has me thinking American manufacturer for my first time.

Oddly enough, like DukieInKansas, this would be a replacement for my '95 Altima.
If the FFH had come in the correct blue, it would have come down to which of the two vehicles was more made in the US. I don't know, percentage wise, how much of the FFH is made in the US. FYI - the Prius and either the Insight or Civic (maybe both) are 100% made in Japan. The Prius had the double whammy of limited availability. I had to pretty much take one of the six vehicles they had or get on a waiting list for the 2010s and still not have much choice available.
Life is good!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 14th, 2009, 7:34 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

If the FFH had come in the correct blue,.....
Better call MayCO!!!! They can make anythang worth having!!!! ;)