Sheesh. More vibes, please.

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: Sheesh. More vibes, please.

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » October 11th, 2009, 5:29 pm

wilson wrote:Well, guys, thanks much for the vibes. Sometime Thursday evening, they got my grandmother into a room and she rested through the night. Then, Friday morning, she woke up, ordered breakfast, and answered the nurses' battery of questions impeccably. When told that one of her sons had called, she replied, "Oh, that'd have to be Mike, because David is not a morning person." The Friday CT scan revealed that the blood clot had cleared.
Meanwhile, the staff at my grandfather's facility got him to the hospital to see her. He is newly motivated in his physical therapy, if for no other reason because the episode scared him into considering the prospects of never getting back to normalcy.
I guess they're just not ready to go yet. The whole thing is kind of amazing.
Amazing and wonderful turn of events! We can't always know why things happen as they do, but we can celebrate each advance or improvement like those you've described. Here's to life! More prayers, hugs and vibes on the way!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 11th, 2009, 7:37 pm

wilson wrote:Well, guys, thanks much for the vibes. Sometime Thursday evening, they got my grandmother into a room and she rested through the night. Then, Friday morning, she woke up, ordered breakfast, and answered the nurses' battery of questions impeccably. When told that one of her sons had called, she replied, "Oh, that'd have to be Mike, because David is not a morning person." The Friday CT scan revealed that the blood clot had cleared.
Meanwhile, the staff at my grandfather's facility got him to the hospital to see her. He is newly motivated in his physical therapy, if for no other reason because the episode scared him into considering the prospects of never getting back to normalcy.
I guess they're just not ready to go yet. The whole thing is kind of amazing.
Yay for Wilson's grandparents. Hope things continue to go well. Still vibing and praying for them.
I worship the Blue Devil!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 11th, 2009, 7:51 pm

Great news, wilson! Sending vibes that the good news continues.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
rockymtn devil
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by rockymtn devil » October 11th, 2009, 8:08 pm

Late to this thread, but glad to hear the great news!
:ymbilly: vs. :ymhiro: Ken vs. Ryu. Classic.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 11th, 2009, 8:11 pm

Wilson, I hope you'll write down this story so that your grandchildren will know the depth of your grandparents' love for each other and their family. It's truly a story for the ages.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » October 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm

Wilson this is awesome news!!!!! Sending more vibes and prayers from VA for their continued strength in the many years to come for them! This is so wonderful! I know you do, but cherish every moment with them! :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 12th, 2009, 7:45 am

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Great news Wilson! I hope the both continue to improve and can enjoy more good years togther!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 12th, 2009, 1:49 pm

Great news, Wilson! Continued vibes for strength and recovery for both of them. The human will is amazing, especially when vibes and prayers are included.
Life is good!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » October 12th, 2009, 8:08 pm

Just got back in town from Homecoming and U. of Illinois. Missed all the miracles around here....Wilson's unsinkable grandparents and Duke's astounding football victory !!!! I should leave town more often. Hooray for EVERYBODY!!!!! \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe