LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 10th, 2009, 12:59 pm

Boston College is making Duke look very impressive last week..early second quarter the score is 24-0, VT is manhandling them.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 10th, 2009, 1:00 pm

TillyGalore wrote:K68 and I had a perfect morning. We went to the Durham Farmer's Market, then I came home and made French Toast for him. He loves my French Toast. ArkieDukie, I used vanilla this time as you had once suggested. The French Toast was yummy.

I have to clean house as I have really good friends coming over for dinner tonight. I love owning a house and now love to entertain more than I used to.
:D :D :D :D :D
Ymmm ... French toast! Glad you liked the addition of vanilla.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 10th, 2009, 1:01 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Boston College is making Duke look very impressive last week..early second quarter the score is 24-0, VT is manhandling them.
Good! My uncle works with the football team so I'll I'd ever heard was how great BC was and how much of a cheat Lou Holtz was. I got so sick of it that I turned on BC and became a Notre Dame fan. Now that BC is in the ACC, I really don't like 'em.

Go Tech!
I worship the Blue Devil!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 10th, 2009, 1:09 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Boston College is making Duke look very impressive last week..early second quarter the score is 24-0, VT is manhandling them.
It is a slaughter. I just posted on the football thread, asking if anyone was watching. Yes, I am very proud of what out guys did last week.
GO DUKE!!!

Gads, another score for Va Tech
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 10th, 2009, 1:17 pm

Enough of this game. I'll finish what I was doing, cleaning the utility room. Yuk!
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » October 10th, 2009, 1:18 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Enough of this game. I'll finish what I was doing, cleaning the utility room. Yuk!
Is Harley helping?
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 10th, 2009, 1:37 pm

Bostondevil wrote:
Lavabe wrote: P.S. BD: I'm trying the reverse jinx strategy for you. By saying that it looks like no Series for the Boston Beaneaters, you KNOW what will happen now!
Are you trying to tell me you are rooting for the Sox!?! That's very sweet and I thank you (even if I don't quite believe you.) At the risk of removing the jinx provided by you, I'm not feeling it this year. I am, however, pulling out all the stops, the good luck butt rub is coming out tomorrow. Eveybody knows about the good luck butt rub, yes?
BD, I'm hoping the Red Sox can take their series to a game 5. Please play extra innings in all three next games ;)

Honestly, I'd love to see another Yankees/Red Sox ALCS battle. If for no other reason than to upset Lavabe :D Of course, I'd like the Yankees to beat the Sox like a drum in 4 straight. :ymparty: :ymapplause:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » October 10th, 2009, 1:39 pm

Be careful what you wish for Ozzie, remember the good luck butt rub got it's start against the Yankees. And it's undefeated so far.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 10th, 2009, 1:43 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Be careful what you wish for Ozzie, remember the good luck butt rub got it's start against the Yankees. And it's undefeated so far.
I'm one of those who would love to see Duke beat carolina for the national championship. Playing the Sox is fun!

I am not familiar with the good luck butt rub. Please elaborate!

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » October 10th, 2009, 1:46 pm

Unfortunately, the transitive property of football scores doesn't exist.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » October 10th, 2009, 2:12 pm

Ronnie, my youngest, was born on October 22, 2004. Having a fourth was really my husband's idea. He didn't pressure me, he just waited me out until I said, OK, I'll do it, but only if the baby is born in October. I figured if I didn't get girl karma maybe we'd get us a Red Sox World Series baby. Yes, Ronnie was conceived to be a Red Sox Good Luck Baby. So, there I was, Game 4, willing to try anything. I went up to the television and rubbed my belly against the screen saying, "C'mon Good Luck Baby, work your magic!" The rest is history. We in Red Sox Nation have Ronnie to thank. But the story doesn't end there, fast forward 3 years and the Sox are down 3-1 against the Indians. I thought they needed some extra help, so, I picked Ronnie up and rubbed his butt against the TV. It worked again. Ronnie loves rubbing his butt on the TV, by the way. It's been used a couple of other times. So far, it's undefeated but I figure there are only a limited number of uses so we save it for truly important games. I have not yet used it for Duke Basketball, I think it should only be used for a Regional Final or Final Four game. Note: We did not perform the good luck butt rub during last year's ALCS.

(Aside, the rational part of me knows that rubbing my belly against the TV did not cause my son's brain tumor. But the crazy part of me, the part that will never be the same since I heard the words "Your son has a brain tumor", cannot be convinced otherwise.)
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 10th, 2009, 3:05 pm

DukePA wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Enough of this game. I'll finish what I was doing, cleaning the utility room. Yuk!
Is Harley helping?
Harley :o3 went outside to help your dad with more deck building. Harley is really good with the hammer & any tool he can get in his mouth. He runs off with them :))
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 10th, 2009, 5:03 pm

No pretty sunny day here. It is supposed to get down to 29 overnight. I broke down and turned on the heat for the first time. Took all the green tomatoes off the plants and got the potatoes out of the ground. I brought in some of the plants last night. Haven't decided what to do with some of the others. I'm not sure if the cold snap is supposed to last or just be a few days.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 10th, 2009, 10:36 pm

It was the best of days, it was the worst of days...

Hogs put a whuppin' on Auburn. Devils put a whuppin' on State. I got a Great Pumpkin Concrete at Ted Drewe's. Found frames for some pictures at Hobby Lobby, at 50% off. Went to the grocery store and discovered they were out of Schlafly Pumpkin Ale. Was framing one of my pictures and broke the glass.

So, anyone know where I could go to get glass for my frame? I'm sure it would be overpriced at Hobby Lobby. Do places like Lowe's have glass? Is there any place that has pre-cut glass that would fit into a 16x20 picture frame?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 10th, 2009, 10:52 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
So, anyone know where I could go to get glass for my frame? I'm sure it would be overpriced at Hobby Lobby. Do places like Lowe's have glass? Is there any place that has pre-cut glass that would fit into a 16x20 picture frame?
Check at WalMart to see if they have a 16x20 frame. It'll be a cheap frame, but the glass will be a fine replacement for the broken one.

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 10th, 2009, 11:44 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Damn it's hot as hell today...for once I'm happy I'm not at a football game.
It's not the heat, it's the humidity. :roll:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 10th, 2009, 11:44 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
colchar wrote:I have nothing to say in this post.
Well, then I don't have a reply.
:)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » October 10th, 2009, 11:57 pm

ArkieDukie wrote: I was at work for a little while too. We're trying to get some samples analyzed before a big vist from the Gates Foundation next week. Wanted to make sure everything is still working; we want them to be impressed and amazed - and give us $$. :D
Ooh, good luck with that - I hope they give you lots of $$!!
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » October 10th, 2009, 11:59 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:No pretty sunny day here. It is supposed to get down to 29 overnight. I broke down and turned on the heat for the first time. Took all the green tomatoes off the plants and got the potatoes out of the ground. I brought in some of the plants last night. Haven't decided what to do with some of the others. I'm not sure if the cold snap is supposed to last or just be a few days.
Did you get any snow? My brother got a few inches in Lincoln, and my mom said that North Platte got 15"!! My folks are planning a move back to Nebraska, and were back to handle some details this weekend; my dad is now (only semi-jokingly) reconsidering the relocation.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » October 11th, 2009, 12:00 am

Woke up this morning and worked 8 am until 3pm. Took off from 3pm til 8pm to be with the family - went pumpkin picking at Ganyard Farm. What a great place. Yeah I know I missed the huge win, but it was nice to get away from work and just chase my daughter around a farm.

I've been back home and working since 8. Servers are going down. DB accounts are getting locked. DBAs are being paged after hours. Gotta get some kind of system up and running by tomorrow morning. Once it's up, I'll probably take a few days to work out the bugs.

I think I'll be taking Wednesday off. Hopefully all this crap is over with by then. Even if it isn't, I think I'll let someone else deal with it.
-- DukeUsul