LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukeUsul » April 27th, 2009, 2:25 pm

Thanks everyone. Yes Princess Katie had a great birthday. Got passed around among the grandparents all weekend, and even let her parents go out to dinner by themselves. :x She was a bit afraid of her little cake, so no pictures of her diving head first into it. But once we cut up a piece of it, she enjoyed it. Just the cake though, I don't think she was into the icing. Just like her father.
-- DukeUsul
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » April 27th, 2009, 2:34 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Thanks everyone. Yes Princess Katie had a great birthday. Got passed around among the grandparents all weekend, and even let her parents go out to dinner by themselves. :x She was a bit afraid of her little cake, so no pictures of her diving head first into it. But once we cut up a piece of it, she enjoyed it. Just the cake though, I don't think she was into the icing. Just like her father.
Afraid of her cake? Was it a Tarhole cake?
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » April 27th, 2009, 4:08 pm

Sue71 wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Thanks everyone. Yes Princess Katie had a great birthday. Got passed around among the grandparents all weekend, and even let her parents go out to dinner by themselves. :x She was a bit afraid of her little cake, so no pictures of her diving head first into it. But once we cut up a piece of it, she enjoyed it. Just the cake though, I don't think she was into the icing. Just like her father.
Afraid of her cake? Was it a Tarhole cake?
No! We would never do that to her! :o
-- DukeUsul
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 27th, 2009, 6:25 pm

Katie, my Katie, sorry for the confusion, got her cast off this weekend. She was SO excited to get rid of that thing and have full use of her hand again. :D

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 27th, 2009, 8:40 pm

bjornolf wrote:Katie, my Katie, sorry for the confusion, got her cast off this weekend. She was SO excited to get rid of that thing and have full use of her hand again. :D

%%-
Freedom! Sweet Freedom! Yay Katie!
I worship the Blue Devil!
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 28th, 2009, 5:45 am

Early morning post...just 'cause I can.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 28th, 2009, 7:12 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Early morning post...just 'cause I can.

Nice. I feel like I should be listening to low rider right now.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » April 28th, 2009, 2:27 pm

I'm unmotivated. For a change. (first part said seriously, second part TIC :mrgreen: )
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » April 28th, 2009, 4:17 pm

Back! Well folks, it was one helluva trip to Charlotte and back. Two cancelled flights, one delayed flight, and poor Septimus had a rough journey. Everyone is doing fine now, but Friday was rough.

My connecting flight from Atlanta to Charlotte was cancelled Thursday evening. I attempted to get the cats and my luggage and then make the drive to Charlotte but Delta wouldn't let me have my cats. They assured me that they were taken care of and moved to a kennel for the evening where they would receive food and water, and then be brought back in time for my flight the next morning. So I head off to the Microtel Inn (thanks Delta, grrrrrrrrreat place :-q ) Thursday night for a quick nap and then return Friday morning for a 7:00 AM flight.

When I arrive to the gate, I learn that they cannot find my cats! :-o Ninety minutes go bye, still not cats. They hold the plane as long as they can but it finally pushes back from the gate around 7:20. I go to the counter to tell the nice ladies that I will go to baggage claim and handle the rest, at which point they inform me the cats have been found! WOO HOO! Problem is they put the cats on the plane that just left and I'm still in Atlanta. [-x

They book me for the next flight at 8:00 so I get there about 45 minutes after the cats. My heart almost broke when I saw them. Allegra was fine, but Septimus was delirious and having a really rough time. He was extremely dehydrated and weak. Thankfully, he recovered after he got some water and a nap. By the evening, he was running around and having a good ol time at Grandma and Grandpa's house. There's more stuff to bitch about but I'm ready to put it all behind me and focus on packing up and getting the hell outta Dodge!
sMiles
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 28th, 2009, 4:21 pm

Miles wrote:Back! Well folks, it was one helluva trip to Charlotte and back. Two cancelled flights, one delayed flight, and poor Septimus had a rough journey. Everyone is doing fine now, but Friday was rough.

My connecting flight from Atlanta to Charlotte was cancelled Thursday evening. I attempted to get the cats and my luggage and then make the drive to Charlotte but Delta wouldn't let me have my cats. They assured me that they were taken care of and moved to a kennel for the evening where they would receive food and water, and then be brought back in time for my flight the next morning. So I head off to the Microtel Inn (thanks Delta, grrrrrrrrreat place :-q ) Thursday night for a quick nap and then return Friday morning for a 7:00 AM flight.

When I arrive to the gate, I learn that they cannot find my cats! :-o Ninety minutes go bye, still not cats. They hold the plane as long as they can but it finally pushes back from the gate around 7:20. I go to the counter to tell the nice ladies that I will go to baggage claim and handle the rest, at which point they inform me the cats have been found! WOO HOO! Problem is they put the cats on the plane that just left and I'm still in Atlanta. [-x

They book me for the next flight at 8:00 so I get there about 45 minutes after the cats. My heart almost broke when I saw them. Allegra was fine, but Septimus was delirious and having a really rough time. He was extremely dehydrated and weak. Thankfully, he recovered after he got some water and a nap. By the evening, he was running around and having a good ol time at Grandma and Grandpa's house. There's more stuff to bitch about but I'm ready to put it all behind me and focus on packing up and getting the hell outta Dodge!
Not sure I would have been calm had I been told my cats were missing!
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » April 28th, 2009, 4:45 pm

Miles wrote: There's more stuff to bitch about but I'm ready to put it all behind me and focus on packing up and getting the hell outta Dodge!
Awww go on & bitch. Let's hear the rest.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 28th, 2009, 4:52 pm

Glad to hear all is well now, but I would have been more than bitching at somebody before.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Miles

Post by Miles » April 28th, 2009, 6:47 pm

Sue71 wrote:
Miles wrote: There's more stuff to bitch about but I'm ready to put it all behind me and focus on packing up and getting the hell outta Dodge!
Awww go on & bitch. Let's hear the rest.
I had to pay for my own hotel room. That was about $53 after taxes and stuff. Though it could've been worse; I would've had to pay the full price at $99 a night if I didn't get my kick ass voucher from Delta. How Microtel could even get away with that rate escapes me. I didn't have a ride arranged for Friday so I had to take a cab. That was $69 with tip. The extra day added another $11 to my parking fee.

My return flight home was delayed long enough that I wouldn't have made it home on Sunday so I got to stay another night in Charlotte. That part was cool except I had to stay at the airport for three hours (two hours in line to get booked for Monday flight and one hour waiting for my bag to show up).

Connecting flight from Dallas to San Diego was delayed and I got a middle seat.
sMiles
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 28th, 2009, 7:54 pm

Miles wrote:Back! Well folks, it was one helluva trip to Charlotte and back. Two cancelled flights, one delayed flight, and poor Septimus had a rough journey. Everyone is doing fine now, but Friday was rough.

Okay, Miles, you win the "Trip from Hell" award. Talk about everything going wrong that can go wrong! (Oh, wait; they didn't lose your luggage, right?)
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 28th, 2009, 9:17 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Since I was dressed, decided to mow the front yard. Whew!

It's been some time since then but I can't let it go unnoticed that it ain't a really good idea to mow nekkid. :)) :ymparty:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 28th, 2009, 9:45 pm

captmojo wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
Since I was dressed, decided to mow the front yard. Whew!

It's been some time since then but I can't let it go unnoticed that it ain't a really good idea to mow nekkid. :)) :ymparty:
Rest assured, I would not do that to my neighbors. ;) ;)
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » April 28th, 2009, 10:20 pm

I'm having Katie envy. Oh, the pink dresses!

Miles, my man, like I said before, the first beer is on me. You're still coming on June 6th right? I gotta do a head count eventually and get us all tickets.

Things I won't do naked.

1) Mow the lawn.
2) Cook bacon.
3) Knit.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 28th, 2009, 10:29 pm

I put this over on another thread, but I thought I'd put it here, too. We keep dancing around what to call that other place, and there are such ridiculous and difficult things to remember as TBTMNBN and TBTSNBN etc. I say we standardize it with TOBY or "that other board yo". Easy to remember, rolls off the keyboard, and sounds dorky. I admit that I like it over there, but they CAN get a little dorky sometimes over there. What do ya think?

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 28th, 2009, 10:35 pm

bjornolf wrote:I put this over on another thread, but I thought I'd put it here, too. We keep dancing around what to call that other place, and there are such ridiculous and difficult things to remember as TBTMNBN and TBTSNBN etc. I say we standardize it with TOBY or "that other board yo". Easy to remember, rolls off the keyboard, and sounds dorky. I admit that I like it over there, but they CAN get a little dorky sometimes over there. What do ya think?

%%-
If you haven't been reading the "Please stay on topic in a thread" thread on the EK board, you're missing something special! :D

I can't believe that it hasn't been moved yet, or censored (but some3 mod is going to grab it by the balls and move it now ;) )
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 28th, 2009, 10:42 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
bjornolf wrote:I put this over on another thread, but I thought I'd put it here, too. We keep dancing around what to call that other place, and there are such ridiculous and difficult things to remember as TBTMNBN and TBTSNBN etc. I say we standardize it with TOBY or "that other board yo". Easy to remember, rolls off the keyboard, and sounds dorky. I admit that I like it over there, but they CAN get a little dorky sometimes over there. What do ya think?

%%-
If you haven't been reading the "Please stay on topic in a thread" thread on the EK board, you're missing something special! :D

I can't believe that it hasn't been moved yet, or censored (but some3 mod is going to grab it by the balls and move it now ;) )
It is, indeed, a fun thread. Had to post in it myself. :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein