Sheesh. More vibes, please.

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Sheesh. More vibes, please.

Post by wilson » October 8th, 2009, 7:50 pm

I spent several hours at the hospital today, this time with both my grandfather and my grandmother. While he is improving modestly, he remains in inpatient care and is nowhere near normal functionality.
Then, my grandmother had a stroke today. She's out of the worst part of the woods (I think), but damn.
I don't care to elaborate further right now. Vibes, please.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: Sheesh. More vibes, please.

Post by cl15876 » October 8th, 2009, 7:54 pm

MUCHO MUCHO VIBES from VA to your grandparents!!!!!!! :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 8th, 2009, 7:59 pm

Big time, extra strength vibes to all. }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 8th, 2009, 8:01 pm

Hugs and prayers all around! I hope everyone improves soon.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 8th, 2009, 8:16 pm

wilson wrote:Vibes, please.
Strongest ones I have to offer, heading your way.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
weezie
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by weezie » October 8th, 2009, 8:23 pm

Hang in there Wilson!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 8th, 2009, 8:26 pm

Unlimited vibes & prayers to your grandparents, you & your family. I do hope things get better very soon. Wish I could do more.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » October 8th, 2009, 8:31 pm

You need 'em?! You GOT 'em big guy! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! :-! %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%- %%-

Love, love, love to all of you!
Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 8th, 2009, 8:52 pm

Big time vibes Bro - hope everything works itself out as quickly as can be expected.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » October 8th, 2009, 8:53 pm

Vibes are flowing your way from the Bluegrass State.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 8th, 2009, 8:58 pm

colchar wrote:Big time vibes Bro - hope everything works itself out as quickly as can be expected.
I feel terrible for having this kind of attitude, but I wonder if (speaking euphemistically) release might be the best possible outcome here. I'm willing to be convinced otherwise, but at this point, there's little evidence on the table indicating to me that either of my grandparents is currently enjoying any decent quality of life.
Thoughts?
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 8th, 2009, 9:01 pm

wilson wrote:
colchar wrote:Big time vibes Bro - hope everything works itself out as quickly as can be expected.
I feel terrible for having this kind of attitude, but I wonder if (speaking euphemistically) release might be the best possible outcome here. I'm willing to be convinced otherwise, but at this point, there's little evidence on the table indicating to me that either of my grandparents is currently enjoying any decent quality of life.
Thoughts?
May they go peacefully and with as little additional suffering as possible. And together, or real darn close to it.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 8th, 2009, 9:04 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:May they go peacefully and...together, or real darn close to it.
I'm damn well convinced that this is how it'll go down. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they went within hours of each other. Christmas Day this year will be their 69th wedding anniversary (yes, you read that right).
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » October 8th, 2009, 9:11 pm

Gotcha with the Vibes, Wilson.
Class of 2014
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 8th, 2009, 9:25 pm

Strong vibes coming your way from the Gateway to the West.
:ar! :wizard: :ar! :wizard: :ar! :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 8th, 2009, 9:34 pm

wilson wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:May they go peacefully and...together, or real darn close to it.
I'm damn well convinced that this is how it'll go down. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they went within hours of each other. Christmas Day this year will be their 69th wedding anniversary (yes, you read that right).
They got married on Christmas Day? No wonder it's your favorite holiday, Wilson. It's genetic! It's your heritage! That is soooooo cool!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 8th, 2009, 9:35 pm

CathyCA wrote:
wilson wrote:
They got married on Christmas Day? No wonder it's your favorite holiday, Wilson. It's genetic! It's your heritage! That is soooooo cool!
Yep, and this same grandmother celebrated her 60th birthday on the day my brother was born (Dec 23, 1980).
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 8th, 2009, 9:40 pm

wilson wrote:
Thoughts?

Do not feel terrible - when you see vibrant wonderful people reduced to essentially shells of their former selves it is a natural thought. I believe that both my grandmother and mother in law lived a few years too long...longer than either of them would ever have wanted. I have said (more than once) that we are often kinder to our pets at the end of their lives than to people.

I send all the vibes I have to you and your family - healing vibes and mostly vibes that you find peace with whatever course nature takes.

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: to my favorite pirate

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 8th, 2009, 9:54 pm

Y'all are the fuckin' best...seriously. :ymhug:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » October 8th, 2009, 10:07 pm

I've been where you are Wilson. I've listened to loved ones who in their final days have told me they "didn't want to do this anymore". I think it's helpful to gently let them know (whether or not you think they can hear you) that everybody around them loves them and is okay and that they shouldn't worry....that' it's alright if they are tired and want to let go. Sometimes they just need permission from somebody they love so they can be comfortable.

It is said that we die the way we have lived. Sounds to me that these are terrific people who have lived well and will set an example for the rest of us when they decide they've had enough. That may be now or sometime in the future.

Bless all your hearts. I'm thinking of you and hoping you aren't too sad.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe