Thanks to Devildeac, best of luck to Miles the mod

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CoachK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks to Devildeac, best of luck to Miles the mod

Post by CoachK » October 8th, 2009, 9:27 am

Devildeac actually had to get out of his la-z-boy on occasion and has done an awesome job as a moderator. Alas, his time is up, so we can let him go back to his regular post whoring without distraction. He has asked Miles to fill his shoes (that might be possible, nobody will be able to fill the crown :)) ), and Miles has accepted. So welcome to Miles, our new mod, and a huge thanks of appreciation to DD for a job well done!
You are a great team.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: Thanks to Devildeac, best of luck to Miles the mod

Post by Miles » October 8th, 2009, 9:39 am

CoachK wrote:Devildeac actually had to get out of his la-z-boy on occasion and has done an awesome job as a moderator. Alas, his time is up, so we can let him go back to his regular post whoring without distraction. He has asked Miles to fill his shoes (that might be possible, nobody will be able to fill the crown :)) ), and Miles has accepted. So welcome to Miles, our new mod, and a huge thanks of appreciation to DD for a job well done!
Thank you Coach, and thank you DD. I shall do my best to do my duty, to CTN... whoa. Yeah. So I guess I'll be reading a lot, but not as much as wilson. I look forward to taking part in the rotating moderatorship. My name looks pretty sweet in green. :D
sMiles
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 8th, 2009, 9:42 am

CoachK wrote:Devildeac actually had to get out of his la-z-boy on occasion and has done an awesome job as a moderator. Alas, his time is up, so we can let him go back to his regular post whoring without distraction. He has asked Miles to fill his shoes (that might be possible, nobody will be able to fill the crown :)) ), and Miles has accepted. So welcome to Miles, our new mod, and a huge thanks of appreciation to DD for a job well done!
Aww...
:ymblushing:

Seriously, as I PM'd (not PW'd) Coach and Miles, it was an interesting and educational experience and I mean that in a positive slant. We all have to take part in the community here but self-policing (with a few well-timed/directed PMs-yea, you know who you are ;) :D ) has been the major factor here in keeping us together. I'll be hanging around for a week or so as a "retiring" mod while Miles gets the jacket altered to his specifications, in addition to getting comfy in his recliner/swiveler chair before the :hits the fan: again. :)) =)) .

I haven't figgered out whether I'll PM more now that I'll have a bit more free time or whether it'll be less as I won't feel the obligation to read darn near every post here and reply to it. :roll:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 8th, 2009, 9:43 am

Miles wrote:
Thank you Coach, and thank you DD. I shall do my best to do my duty, to CTN... whoa. Yeah. So I guess I'll be reading a lot, but not as much as wilson. I look forward to taking part in the rotating moderatorship. My name looks pretty sweet in green. :D
I'd also ask for a leather recliner AND an extra scotch ale. ;)
Miles

Post by Miles » October 8th, 2009, 9:55 am

devildeac wrote:
Miles wrote:
I never thought to ask, but have you been moderating from your practice? You know, check on a heart or two, read a few posts, check a heart. ;)
sMiles
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 8th, 2009, 10:26 am

Thanks, DD!

Welcome, Miles!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » October 8th, 2009, 10:28 am

Congratulations Miles! Green does look good on you! DD - Excellent work! :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :-bd
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 8th, 2009, 10:38 am

cl15876 wrote:Congratulations Miles! Green does look good on you! DD - Excellent work! :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :-bd
Thanks to DD (and bonus credit for officiating during the great post storm of 09/09)

:ymapplause: \:D/ :ymapplause: \:D/ :ymapplause: \:D/ :ymapplause: \:D/ :ymapplause:

Miles: Congratulations!! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 8th, 2009, 10:55 am

Miles wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Miles wrote:Thank you Coach, and thank you DD. I shall do my best to do my duty, to CTN... whoa. Yeah. So I guess I'll be reading a lot, but not as much as wilson. I look forward to taking part in the rotating moderatorship. My name looks pretty sweet in green. :D
I never thought to ask, but have you been moderating from your practice? You know, check on a heart or two, read a few posts, check a heart. ;)
I have done that on occasion if there was a cancellation/gap in the schedule.
Miles

Post by Miles » October 8th, 2009, 11:54 am

devildeac wrote:
Miles wrote:
devildeac wrote: I'd also ask for a leather recliner AND an extra scotch ale. ;)
I have this vision of you, peering into an open chest cavity
"Scapel."
"Okay, now read me that last post again."
"Click the reply button, and then type this for me....."
:D
sMiles
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 8th, 2009, 12:19 pm

Miles wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Miles wrote:I never thought to ask, but have you been moderating from your practice? You know, check on a heart or two, read a few posts, check a heart. ;)
I have this vision of you, peering into an open chest cavity
"Scapel."
"Okay, now read me that last post again."
"Click the reply button, and then type this for me....."
:D
Well, I am a cardiologist not a surgeon, so no open chest cavities for me. I do perform heart caths and put stents in but have never interrrupted a procedure for a quick post or two :roll: . Yet. :)) =))

I do have a comic on my desk however from an operating room in which the surgeon is asking the nurse if she would please "google" aorta. :)) =))
Maybe I'll make a magazine sometime with a quote asking someone to "google" CTN. ;) :D
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 8th, 2009, 12:53 pm

Phew! Dodged another bullet! :D

Good work, DD.

Good luck, Miles. Are we ever going to see and Kelly at a Brunchgate????? How about just Kelly B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Miles

Post by Miles » October 8th, 2009, 12:58 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Phew! Dodged another bullet! :D

Good work, DD.

Good luck, Miles. Are we ever going to see and Kelly at a Brunchgate????? How about just Kelly B-)
HAAAAAAHAHAHAH. I'm not sure Kelly will make it to Brunchgate this season. I know she's got some plans to head to ASU (her alma matter) for a football game with the family.
sMiles
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 8th, 2009, 1:37 pm

CoachK wrote: Alas, his time is up, so we can let him go back to his regular post whoring without distraction.

God help us all...
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » October 8th, 2009, 2:10 pm

colchar wrote:
CoachK wrote: Alas, his time is up, so we can let him go back to his regular post whoring without distraction.

God help us all...
Did Coach K just use the word "whoring"?
I didn't know he was capable of using derogatory words! :D
Class of 2014
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » October 8th, 2009, 2:11 pm

devildeac wrote: I haven't figgered out whether I'll PM more now that I'll have a bit more free time or whether it'll be less as I won't feel the obligation to read darn near every post here and reply to it. :roll:
So that's your excuse for replying to every post? :)
Class of 2014
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 8th, 2009, 2:51 pm

CellR wrote:
colchar wrote:

God help us all...
Did Coach K just use the word "whoring"?
I didn't know he was capable of using derogatory words! :D
Well then you never overheard one of his time outs then you, @$^$#%& &*$%@$#% you. ;) :D :)) =))

And further more, :swear:.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 8th, 2009, 2:52 pm

CellR wrote:
devildeac wrote: I haven't figgered out whether I'll PM more now that I'll have a bit more free time or whether it'll be less as I won't feel the obligation to read darn near every post here and reply to it. :roll:
So that's your excuse for replying to every post? :)
Ahh, come on, it wasn't EVERY post... :roll: ;)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 8th, 2009, 3:53 pm

devildeac wrote: Well then you never overheard one of his time outs then you, @$^$#%& &*$%@$#% you. ;) :D :)) =))

And further more, :swear:.
You don't even have to hear it. He comes across the tv quite nicely, even for least experienced of lip readers. :)) =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 8th, 2009, 10:44 pm

Thank you for an excellent job, DevilDeac.

Miles, good luck. Naw, it's not that bad. Have fun!
I worship the Blue Devil!