So, I need towel advice...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: So, I need towel advice...

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » September 21st, 2009, 5:21 pm

bjornolf wrote:I think light colors are just "in" this year. We got a very nice set of Navy ones a few years back that have faded to a nice Duke blue. ;) It's all about what's "in". What I don't get is why some places need two different shades of light green but don't have any dark green. Plus, they CALL it light blue, but look at the enlarged image of towels that color. It's nowhere near Carolina blue. It's kind of a slate blue gray color.

%%-
Now you know the truth here if you think about it. There's blue and there's BLUE. It's all about selling it. The manufacturers and designers have to change the colors to keep selling new stuff whether people need new stuff or not.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » September 29th, 2009, 7:34 pm

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Go to LandsEnd.com and order a set of towels for your wife. Get them monogrammed with her initials. She will love you.
Second. We've had Lands End towels for years and have been impressed. My wife also bought a buncha towels from JC Penney during one of the "white sales" many years ago and they have been soft and durable (NOT Do-able- :)) =)) ), too.
I THIRD that!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » September 29th, 2009, 7:38 pm

CathyCA wrote:To keep your towels absorbent, NEVER use fabric softener on them.
That goes DOUBLE for your DISH towels!!
Love, Ima
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » September 29th, 2009, 7:43 pm

Having spent the last year dealing with infections, I believe in BLEACH more than ever Therefore, I beleive in WHITE linens for the bath and kitchen. It's all I buy. And they get hit with bleach in every single laundering. Just my :twocents:
Love, Ima
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » September 29th, 2009, 7:55 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Go to LandsEnd.com and order a set of towels for your wife. Get them monogrammed with her initials. She will love you.
Second. We've had Lands End towels for years and have been impressed. My wife also bought a buncha towels from JC Penney during one of the "white sales" many years ago and they have been soft and durable (NOT Do-able- :)) =)) ), too.
I THIRD that!
Love, Ima
I am hearing Birthday present!!!!!! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ Any particular color, size, fluffiness factor, etc..... ;) :D :ymblushing:
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » September 29th, 2009, 7:57 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Having spent the last year dealing with infections, I believe in BLEACH more than ever Therefore, I beleive in WHITE linens for the bath and kitchen. It's all I buy. And they get hit with bleach in every single laundering. Just my :twocents:
Love, Ima
:-$ :-$ :-$ I bleach my linens also!!!! :-$ :-$ :-$
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » September 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Having spent the last year dealing with infections, I believe in BLEACH more than ever Therefore, I beleive in WHITE linens for the bath and kitchen. It's all I buy. And they get hit with bleach in every single laundering. Just my :twocents:
Love, Ima
I swear by bleach and vinegar. You can extend their uses with a little baking soda, borax, or fresh lemon juice. No need for all those other harsh chemicals.
sMiles