LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukePA » April 26th, 2009, 11:03 am

IamDuke wrote:Wow, what a week. Congrats on the mortage arkieDuke. Miles, so glad you & the kitties are over the traveling for a while. Man, sounds like it really was the trip from hell. Great painting by CB&B. I love his work. Lots more, too much to go on about.

Catch up you all later. Must pack for the trip. B-) B-) :o3 :o3 :o3
Mom, you're cracking me up! You're a bigger PW than I am :lol: !!!! (never dreamed I would call my mom a "whore" :D )
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 26th, 2009, 12:24 pm

I've had an eventful day and it's slightly after noon.

Moneypenny got out last night, so was looking for her all over the house this morning. Thank God my house is less than 1000 sq ft. Went outside and called for, she came immediately. Now, she is resting comfortably.

Since I was dressed, decided to mow the front yard. Whew! It's hot out there. Had/Have a headache, but need to do a few things in the backyard before the day is over. Also need to do laundry and start packing. So much to do, hopefully, plenty of time to do it in.
I worship the Blue Devil!
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » April 26th, 2009, 12:41 pm

TillyGalore wrote:I've had an eventful day and it's slightly after noon.

Moneypenny got out last night, so was looking for her all over the house this morning. Thank God my house is less than 1000 sq ft. Went outside and called for, she came immediately. Now, she is resting comfortably.

Since I was dressed, decided to mow the front yard. Whew! It's hot out there. Had/Have a headache, but need to do a few things in the backyard before the day is over. Also need to do laundry and start packing. So much to do, hopefully, plenty of time to do it in.
Got out? How exactly did that happen?
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 26th, 2009, 12:48 pm

Sue71 wrote:

Got out? How exactly did that happen?
I changed the batteries in the 2 remotes for my car. After each battery was changed I went out to test them. That is when I think she snuck out. She tried to again just a few minutes ago, but I caught her. She is my little explorer. Knights68 sometimes calls her Mrs. Magellan.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 26th, 2009, 1:09 pm

Are the back shrubs in the form of an 88 yet?
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 26th, 2009, 2:12 pm

Nice. I love that commercial. I especially like the guy with the tattoo. =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 26th, 2009, 2:25 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:

Are the back shrubs in the form of an 88 yet?

No. That back yard is pretty much been mowed down. Turns out the previous owner didn't do a lot of work in the back so have a lot clearing out to do before I can do anything else with the back yard. Maybe next year I can do an 88 back there. ;)
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 26th, 2009, 6:39 pm

Good golf this weekend! Best I've played in a long time :D :D :D Yesterday's front 9, well, 8 1/2, were outstanding! I was in the middle of the 9th fairway 120 yards out, and was 2 under par (6 pars and 2 birdies!) The rest of #9 was ugly and I made a double bogey. Parred 10, hit a bad (very short) drive on the par 5 11th but hit good second and third shots and was sitting in the trap to the right of the green, pin high. Made that sucker for birdie and was back to -1! Finished with a 78, hitting my tee ball on 18 off a tree and into the water for another double bogey :(, but overall, very satisfying to hit good shots and actually make some putts! :-bd :-bd :-bd :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Today, I started with 2 pars and finished with 2 birdies (the 5 ft. eagle putt on 18 broke the wrong way, dammit, and tapped in from 6 inches for the bird.) The middle 14 holes were inconsistent. Shot an 83, with 4 double bogeys (grrrr).

Member - member tournament next weekend. I would gladly trade this weekend's scores for whatever I might shoot next weekend and wouldn't think twice about it.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 26th, 2009, 8:10 pm

Sounds like an awesome day Ozzie, can't beat the weather, got to be outside, and had a hell of a game to boot. Best of luck in next weekends tourney, I was thinking you might steal aways to Charlotte to watch Tiger.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 26th, 2009, 8:27 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Good golf this weekend! Best I've played in a long time :D :D :D Yesterday's front 9, well, 8 1/2, were outstanding! I was in the middle of the 9th fairway 120 yards out, and was 2 under par (6 pars and 2 birdies!) The rest of #9 was ugly and I made a double bogey. Parred 10, hit a bad (very short) drive on the par 5 11th but hit good second and third shots and was sitting in the trap to the right of the green, pin high. Made that sucker for birdie and was back to -1! Finished with a 78, hitting my tee ball on 18 off a tree and into the water for another double bogey :(, but overall, very satisfying to hit good shots and actually make some putts! :-bd :-bd :-bd :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Today, I started with 2 pars and finished with 2 birdies (the 5 ft. eagle putt on 18 broke the wrong way, dammit, and tapped in from 6 inches for the bird.) The middle 14 holes were inconsistent. Shot an 83, with 4 double bogeys (grrrr).

Member - member tournament next weekend. I would gladly trade this weekend's scores for whatever I might shoot next weekend and wouldn't think twice about it.
Damn, those are great scores, especially without handicap! Do you have one? I have faith in your success next weekend! You can do it again, but better! I believe in you!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 26th, 2009, 11:37 pm

cl15876 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Good golf this weekend! Best I've played in a long time :D :D :D Yesterday's front 9, well, 8 1/2, were outstanding! I was in the middle of the 9th fairway 120 yards out, and was 2 under par (6 pars and 2 birdies!) The rest of #9 was ugly and I made a double bogey. Parred 10, hit a bad (very short) drive on the par 5 11th but hit good second and third shots and was sitting in the trap to the right of the green, pin high. Made that sucker for birdie and was back to -1! Finished with a 78, hitting my tee ball on 18 off a tree and into the water for another double bogey :(, but overall, very satisfying to hit good shots and actually make some putts! :-bd :-bd :-bd :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Damn, those are great scores, especially without handicap! Do you have one? I have faith in your success next weekend! You can do it again, but better! I believe in you!
Thanks. I've worked my way up to a 14 or 15, and deserve every one of them. Hope I don't drop to a 13 for the tourney.

YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 27th, 2009, 12:38 am

Okay, now I'm sleepless...
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 27th, 2009, 7:51 am

I'm so envious, Ozzie. I'm lucky if I get the chance/have the money to play twice a year, and I suck! I'm not a golfer so much as a flogger. I'm lucky if I break 100. 96 is my best score ever. Yes, I know, that's sad. I usually hit around 100-105. The sad thing is that my driving and iron games are pretty good. I make MOST greens on pace to make par or even birdie, then I'm lucky if I can 3 putt them. I practice and practice my putting, but I think there's just something wrong with my form, cause I just suck at it. In my living room, I can get it in the hole from anywhere, or at least within a couple inches, but put me on a green and I just suck. I have a lot of trouble getting the power right. I'm either WAY short or WAY long, then on the next one, trying to compensate, I always do the opposite.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 27th, 2009, 9:08 am

bjornolf wrote: put me on a green and I just suck. I have a lot of trouble getting the power right. I'm either WAY short or WAY long, then on the next one, trying to compensate, I always do the opposite.

%%-
Just remember, most putts that are short don't go in! =)) Seriously, better to be a couple or five feet long than five feet short. You've seen the break going past the hole so you'll know what it should do coming back. If you hit the ball too hard, every once in a while it will hit the hole and go in! Putts that are short never do. That said, I leave far more putts short than I do long. Grrr.

Putting in not my strong suit, and I rarely practice. Of course, I rarely hit more than a few balls on the range either - my lower back just won't allow it. I hit ~12 balls (4 easy but full 7 irons, 3 drives, 2 full SW's, 2 short SW's and a 3 iron) to loosen up and go play, else I tighten up. But when I was younger I did take a few lessons and hit buckets of balls on the range, so I have a decent swing and make solid contact 95+% of the time. When I remember to swing easy, I usually do OK.

DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » April 27th, 2009, 9:47 am

Arkie - congrats on the mortgage!
Oz - congrats on the 78! That's my usual score. But I usually just play nine holes... :lol:

The craziness has ended. After having all our friends and their babies descend on our house for the reunion last weekend we had all of the grandparents and other friends at the house this weekend for Katie's first birthday. Whew! Now I can relax.

-- DukeUsul
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 27th, 2009, 9:54 am

^^ DukeUsel, did Miss Katie enjoy her day? She looks like she had fun. :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 27th, 2009, 10:02 am

DukeUsul, Katie is precious!

Why can't we have a princess emoticon around here?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
cl15876

Re: All's well that ends well!

Post by cl15876 » April 27th, 2009, 11:53 am

ArkieDukie wrote:... I'm a home owner again! ...
Congratulations! What a stressfull ordeal, but now it is behind you! :-bd
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 27th, 2009, 11:56 am

DukeUsul wrote: .... Oz - congrats on the 78! That's my usual score. But I usually just play nine holes... :lol:
I love it! We'll have to get together and practice so we can play with Oz! :D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » April 27th, 2009, 11:58 am

DukeUsul wrote:... Katie's first birthday....
CathyCA wrote:... Why can't we have a princess emoticon around here?
She is adorable! O:-) Congratulations to you and your wife! Here is an attempt at the princess smiley! Great idea!
princess-smiley-50.GIF
princess-smiley-50.GIF (2.17 KiB) Viewed 393 times