ACC Football Draft Results

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

ACC Football Draft Results

Post by YmoBeThere » April 26th, 2009, 8:41 am

Just curious if anyone else had any thoughts on how the ACC can have 4 of the Top 10 players drafted by the NFL yet as a whole the league hasn't done well in several years? Is there just a lack of depth in the league? Or is the league better than I think?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: ACC Football Draft Results

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 26th, 2009, 10:18 am

I think the league is much better than we got credit for. Last year, the ACC pretty much stunk it up early, at least as far as the big names. (Way to go Clemson, UVA and VT) By the end of the year it was evident that we were a pretty solid bunch, I think this year we will be expected to do well again (but with more trepidation by the "experts").
So doing that well in the draft, with picks made by the guys who get paid big bucks to jusge talent, didn't surprise me.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: ACC Football Draft Results

Post by YmoBeThere » April 26th, 2009, 2:45 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I think the league is much better than we got credit for. Last year, the ACC pretty much stunk it up early, at least as far as the big names. (Way to go Clemson, UVA and VT) By the end of the year it was evident that we were a pretty solid bunch, I think this year we will be expected to do well again (but with more trepidation by the "experts").
So doing that well in the draft, with picks made by the guys who get paid big bucks to jusge talent, didn't surprise me.
The bowl record of the ACC this year was horrend...not so good :))