LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

IamDuke
PW in training
PW in training

Re: The Continuing Saga

Post by IamDuke » April 23rd, 2009, 10:48 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Okay, this continues to be a major headache. My realtor got the condo association to send a statement showing the amount of money in reserve. In fact, it shows that there's more than enough money in reserve. The underwriters still balked, but it's being appealed to someone above them. That happens at 8:00 am CDT. My closing is at 9:00 CDT. So, I'm still scheduled to show up and close tomorrow morning, and we may or may not have money from the bank at that time. I have a cashier's check ready to go but won't hand it over unless/until the bank's money is there. Had to postpone appliance delivery until Monday. I'm getting more gray hairs even as I type.
So, if there is more than enough money in reserve, and they deny on the appeal, find a very good lawyer, see if you have a case for your money, the stress and legal fees. You are really being "jacked around". Am sending good luck vibes to you.
IamDuke
PW in training
PW in training

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by IamDuke » April 23rd, 2009, 10:56 pm

Well, its settled. We are still going on our trip next week to Fl. Harley now, isn't a problem. We're taking the 53 lb. 5 mo. old puppy. Wow, now I can sleep. PETS RULE!!!! :o3 :o3 :o3 :o3
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » April 23rd, 2009, 11:32 pm

I got screwed, we all did.

Lightning struck a control tower in Atlanta so I'm stuck here for the night. Cats have been moved to a kennel where they'll receive food and water, and get out of the crate. I feel so bad. :(
sMiles
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » April 23rd, 2009, 11:43 pm

Goodness, I'm sorry to hear about AD's bank woes and Mile's travel troubles!! Hope things end up working out for both of you!

Almost makes me feel bad for my easy trip from Seattle to DC yesterday, and the beeyoootiful day I spent wandering around my old stomping grounds of Dupont Circle and NW DC today. Off to Annapolis tomorrow, whee!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 23rd, 2009, 11:54 pm

Miles wrote:I got screwed, we all did.

Lightning struck a control tower in Atlanta so I'm stuck here for the night. Cats have been moved to a kennel where they'll receive food and water, and get out of the crate. I feel so bad. :(
CRAP!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: The Continuing Saga

Post by CathyCA » April 23rd, 2009, 11:56 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Okay, this continues to be a major headache. My realtor got the condo association to send a statement showing the amount of money in reserve. In fact, it shows that there's more than enough money in reserve. The underwriters still balked, but it's being appealed to someone above them. That happens at 8:00 am CDT. My closing is at 9:00 CDT. So, I'm still scheduled to show up and close tomorrow morning, and we may or may not have money from the bank at that time. I have a cashier's check ready to go but won't hand it over unless/until the bank's money is there. Had to postpone appliance delivery until Monday. I'm getting more gray hairs even as I type.
I'm crossing my fingers, my arms, my toes, my legs, my eyes, and anything else that I can cross for you, Cheryl.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Miles

Post by Miles » April 24th, 2009, 6:55 am

So I'm having an allergic reaction to the deoderant Delta gave me in my overnight bag. Feels like my armpits are on fire. It's all good though, I should be at mom and dads in about two hours. It's comical, really. :))
sMiles
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 24th, 2009, 6:59 am

Miles wrote:So I'm having an allergic reaction to the deoderant Delta gave me in my overnight bag. Feels like my armpits are on fire. It's all good though, I should be at mom and dads in about two hours. It's comical, really. :))
Hey Miles, Sorry about the cats and the deodorant. Glad you're laughing. Not sure if I could laugh. Did you get to see the kitties? That would be something I know I would be pushing for. Course, even after I saw them I'd hate leaving them behind.

Sending vibes for the last leg of your journey.
I worship the Blue Devil!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 24th, 2009, 7:34 am

Sorry to the guys having so much trouble. Sending serious vibes.

And to DA, I'm sorry I didn't know you were in town. We could have gotten together for lunch or something! You could have met Katie. She LOVES new people.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » April 24th, 2009, 9:05 am

Hey bjornolf, if three kids ever gets to be too much, I would happily take Katie off your hands for a few days. She could have 4 big brothers instead of just two. ;)
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 24th, 2009, 9:07 am

Miles wrote:So I'm having an allergic reaction to the deoderant Delta gave me in my overnight bag. Feels like my armpits are on fire. It's all good though, I should be at mom and dads in about two hours. It's comical, really. :))
At least you won't stink! :roll: :D =)) :ymdevil:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 24th, 2009, 2:03 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Hey bjornolf, if three kids ever gets to be too much, I would happily take Katie off your hands for a few days. She could have 4 big brothers instead of just two. ;)
I'll keep that in mind, though I don't think the wife would go for it. You could probably have our second son, though. His theme song is an old Elvis tune, "Devil in Disguise". O:-) :ymdevil: We love him so much, don't get me wrong, but handful doesn't even begin to describe him. If you have four adults and two kids in a group and he's one of the kids, the adults are automatically outnumbered. And if we don't get him out of the house to blow some energy EVERY DAY (we call it "walking the Michael"), forget about it. He's climbing the furniture, writing on the walls, beating up on his big brother, you name it. He creates one little pocket of chaos, and when you go to clean that up, he's off to the next thing to mess up. If you put him in his room in timeout so you can clean up, he just destroys his room. He's CRAZY, and he drives me crazy. 8-}

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 24th, 2009, 2:14 pm

IamDuke wrote:Well, its settled. We are still going on our trip next week to Fl. Harley now, isn't a problem. We're taking the 53 lb. 5 mo. old puppy. Wow, now I can sleep. PETS RULE!!!! :o3 :o3 :o3 :o3
Ima....where in Florida are you going?
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 24th, 2009, 6:41 pm

Hoping everyone had a better Friday than Thursday!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

All's well that ends well!

Post by ArkieDukie » April 24th, 2009, 9:06 pm

Found out 5 min into closing that my mortgage was approved. I'm a home owner again! My realtor rocks - she really made this happen. Apparently she told my loan officer, "I'm through talking with you; you're a moron. I want to talk to someone above you that actually knows what they're doing." rotflmao! =)) =)) So, she and the moron's supervisor got my loan to go through. If anyone ever needs a realtor in St. Louis, PM me. I've got the realtor for you! :-bd

Now for the fun of packing...
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: All's well that ends well!

Post by Lavabe » April 24th, 2009, 10:39 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Found out 5 min into closing that my mortgage was approved. I'm a home owner again! My realtor rocks - she really made this happen. Apparently she told my loan officer, "I'm through talking with you; you're a moron. I want to talk to someone above you that actually knows what they're doing." rotflmao! =)) =)) So, she and the moron's supervisor got my loan to go through. If anyone ever needs a realtor in St. Louis, PM me. I've got the realtor for you! :-bd

Congrats... now go out and have a WHEACH!! :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 24th, 2009, 11:07 pm

That's awesome, dude. Congratulations! Enjoy! Glad it all worked out. I still think you should find that guy and kick him on basic principle, though. b-(

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 24th, 2009, 11:39 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Found out 5 min into closing that my mortgage was approved. I'm a home owner again! My realtor rocks - she really made this happen. Apparently she told my loan officer, "I'm through talking with you; you're a moron. I want to talk to someone above you that actually knows what they're doing." rotflmao! =)) =)) So, she and the moron's supervisor got my loan to go through. If anyone ever needs a realtor in St. Louis, PM me. I've got the realtor for you! :-bd

Woo hoo!!!! Congratulations! CathyCa, Ozzie, and I were talking about this at dinner tonight and wondering how things went.

When do you move in?
I worship the Blue Devil!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 25th, 2009, 12:30 am

TillyGalore wrote:

Woo hoo!!!! Congratulations! CathyCa, Ozzie, and I were talking about this at dinner tonight and wondering how things went.

When do you move in?
I was just going to post this when I read your post, but Tilly beat me to it - she lives a bit closer to Cameron than I do. I got home from the banquet/program about midnight. A good time was had by all. Tilly started the "Please don't go!" chant when G won an award! She's so roooooooooooooowdy! =)) =))

Congratulations AD!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » April 25th, 2009, 12:35 am

TillyGalore wrote:

When do you move in?
Hey did you try to call me tonight?
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.