Milestones

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: Milestones

Post by Lavabe » September 9th, 2009, 9:22 pm

1500 posts.

Still recovering from the giant sucking sound created when Ymo put it in hyperdrive.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 9th, 2009, 10:40 pm

I've had lots of milestones. Beginning in 1941, I was born on Fathers Day. Since then, 4 children, 5 grandchildren. Our 50th is next year. :ymparty:
We haven't made plans yet but whatever, we will have fun. For our 41th, we went to St. Johns Il. Watched Shane, Mike D, Jason, Chris D & company win the NCCA crown. It was great. We were so pumped, went for a walk. passing the outdoor bar, someone ask "Who won?" It was so weird, I think no one but us cared. GO DUKE Who knows what next year will bring :?: :?: :?:
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 10th, 2009, 8:35 am

Lavabe wrote:1500 posts.

Still recovering from the giant sucking sound created when Ymo put it in hyperdrive.
I think one of my eardrums burst.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 10th, 2009, 11:04 pm

1300 was a leap year. It also had a Friday the 13th in February.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » September 10th, 2009, 11:38 pm

Lavabe wrote:1500 posts.

Ymo is now in the slow lane expecting traffic to pass him by.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 11th, 2009, 10:55 am

We got 4 perfessers in the PW School now. We are becoming quite a learned bunch. :oops: :roll: :)) =))

And speaking of bunches, we should soon have 5 when Perfesser BONES recieves his PhD in PW-ing.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 11th, 2009, 11:48 am

devildeac wrote:We got 4 perfessers in the PW School now. We are becoming quite a learned bunch. :oops: :roll: :)) =))

And speaking of bunches, we should soon have 5 when Perfesser BONES recieves his PhD in PW-ing.
You've been a great mentor!!!! All of U all!!!!! Da DAA Da DA DAAAA, I'm .... :-?
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » September 11th, 2009, 2:13 pm

cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:We got 4 perfessers in the PW School now. We are becoming quite a learned bunch. :oops: :roll: :)) =))

You've been a great mentor!!!! All of U all!!!!! Da DAA Da DA DAAAA, I'm .... :-?
So once everybody (or nearly everybody) gets to that point, do we readjust the ranks? Or would we just all be professors?
Class of 2014
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » September 11th, 2009, 2:34 pm

CellR wrote:
cl15876 wrote:

So once everybody (or nearly everybody) gets to that point, do we readjust the ranks? Or would we just all be professors?
Technically, to be completely academic, perhaps the rankings should have been: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, Endowed Professor, Dean, Provost (or Chancellor), and President.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 11th, 2009, 4:16 pm

Lavabe wrote:
CellR wrote:
cl15876 wrote:"quote="devildeac""We got 4 perfessers in the PW School now. We are becoming quite a learned bunch. :oops: :roll: :)) =))

Technically, to be completely academic, perhaps the rankings should have been: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, Endowed Professor, Dean, Provost (or Chancellor), and President.[/quote]

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: Agree! When I grow up I want to be the Endowed Professor!!!! ;)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 11th, 2009, 4:22 pm

Lavabe wrote:
CellR wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
Technically, to be completely academic, perhaps the rankings should have been: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, Endowed Professor, Dean, Provost (or Chancellor), and President.
Ahhh, thanks. I actually set up the next rank today, but after your list I need to change it.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 11th, 2009, 4:23 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
CellR wrote: So once everybody (or nearly everybody) gets to that point, do we readjust the ranks? Or would we just all be professors?
Ahhh, thanks. I actually set up the next rank today, but after your list I need to change it.
But I might not. Wouldn't really want DD to know what he is next. And I can just see the endowed jokes already. =)) =))
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 11th, 2009, 4:35 pm

cl15876 wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
CellR wrote:"quote="devildeac""We got 4 perfessers in the PW School now. We are becoming quite a learned bunch. :oops: :roll: :)) =))

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: Agree! When I grow up I want to be the Endowed Professor!!!! ;)[/quote]
Why am I not surprised? :ymdevil:

Of course, I was thinking up some snide comment to make before I saw your post! =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » September 11th, 2009, 4:47 pm

Lavabe wrote:Technically, to be completely academic, perhaps the rankings should have been: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, Endowed Professor, Dean, Provost (or Chancellor), and President.
But I might not. Wouldn't really want DD to know what he is next. And I can just see the endowed jokes already. =)) =))
The truth is, some universities have professorships sponsored by special endowments, others have foundation professorships, and others have, well, nothing. I just chose the one I like the most ... "endowed" professorship.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 11th, 2009, 6:28 pm

cl15876 wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
CellR wrote: You've been a great mentor!!!! All of U all!!!!! Da DAA Da DA DAAAA, I'm .... :-?
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: Agree! When I grow up I want to be the Endowed Professor!!!! ;)[/quote]
Why does this not surprise me? :roll: :oops:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 11th, 2009, 6:29 pm

Lavabe wrote:
CellR wrote: So once everybody (or nearly everybody) gets to that point, do we readjust the ranks? Or would we just all be professors?
Hmm, anticipating a change some time soon? :D :roll:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 11th, 2009, 6:35 pm

devildeac wrote: Hmm, anticipating a change some time soon? :D :roll:
No idea what you're talking about. :| :ymsmug:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 11th, 2009, 8:28 pm

cl15876 wrote:
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: Agree! When I grow up I want to be the Endowed Professor!!!! ;)
Hmm. . .

Nah, not gonna touch it.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 11th, 2009, 8:37 pm

CathyCA wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
Hmm. . .

Nah, not gonna touch it.
Yer not?..wait...nevermind. Double entendre day at CTN.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 11th, 2009, 10:58 pm

CathyCA wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
Hmm. . .

Nah, not gonna touch it.
Man, that sucks for you, Bones. =)) =)) =))