LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by wilson » September 9th, 2009, 9:20 pm

I think the stats from the Great 9909 Frenzy of '09 bear repetition here, in their rightful home.

Total posts: 1706
Start time: 2:19 p.m., 8 September 2009
End time: 7:16 p.m., 9 September 2009
First post-"challenge" post: DukieinKansas
Post #9909: YmoBeThere
Elapsed time: 28 hours, 57 minutes
Posts per minute: .982
2.0/1.0 percentage at beginning: 63.8
2.0/1.0 percentage at end: 77.0
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » September 9th, 2009, 9:21 pm

I just had myself tested for a rare blood disorder my dad has that almost killed him. Well did kill him until they resuscitated him. Looks like the results are negative. That's the good news for today.
-- DukeUsul
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 9th, 2009, 9:21 pm

Lavabe wrote:Tomorrow I begin preps for my Friday colonoscopy. Should I post on the LTE or post on devildeac's colonoscopy thread?
get your own thread... :(( :)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » September 9th, 2009, 9:21 pm

Lavabe wrote:Tomorrow I begin preps for my Friday colonoscopy. Should I post on the LTE or post on devildeac's colonoscopy thread?
Create your own! The speaker phone frequency will be different in KY than in NC! :oops: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 9th, 2009, 9:22 pm

devildeac wrote:
get your own thread... :(( :)) =))
GMTA! Please this is contagious!!! ;)
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 9th, 2009, 9:23 pm

There were seventeen total posts to 1.0 during the duration of the Great 9909 Frenzy of '09. That means our posting ratio during the period in question was 100.353 to 1.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 9th, 2009, 9:23 pm

wilson wrote:There were seventeen total posts to 1.0 during the duration of the Great 9909 Frenzy of '09. That means our posting ratio during the period in question was 100.353 to 1.
I might be interpreting (and re-interpreting) the data from the Great 9909 Frenzy of '09 for some time to come.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 9th, 2009, 9:24 pm

DukeUsul wrote:I just had myself tested for a rare blood disorder my dad has that almost killed him. Well did kill him until they resuscitated him. Looks like the results are negative. That's the good news for today.
Jeez, that is good news. And scary. Everything alright with your pops?
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 9th, 2009, 9:26 pm

wilson wrote:There were seventeen total posts to 1.0 during the duration of the Great 9909 Frenzy of '09. That means our posting ratio during the period in question was 100.353 to 1.
and 2 of those were mine, I think: 1 to Turk chastising him and 1 to Ozzie... :oops: :)) =))
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » September 9th, 2009, 9:27 pm

wilson wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:I just had myself tested for a rare blood disorder my dad has that almost killed him. Well did kill him until they resuscitated him. Looks like the results are negative. That's the good news for today.
Jeez, that is good news. And scary. Everything alright with your pops?
Yeah he's fine. It happened in 1994. He has a condition called antiphospholipid syndrome that causes "hypercoagulability" of his blood. He got a clot in his leg that blew, went to the lungs, caused a pulmonary embolism. Boom. Keeled over in the cafeteria at work. Thank the lord for portable defibrillators and people who know CPR. He's been fine ever since, taking blood thinners on a daily basis. There's an antibody test you can get, and I finally got it. I'm normal. Two of his sisters have it. There's some evidence that it's hereditary.
-- DukeUsul
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 9th, 2009, 9:29 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Yeah he's fine. It happened in 1994. He has a condition called antiphospholipid syndrome that causes "hypercoagulability" of his blood. He got a clot in his leg that blew, went to the lungs, caused a pulmonary embolism. Boom. Keeled over in the cafeteria at work. Thank the lord for portable defibrillators and people who know CPR. He's been fine ever since, taking blood thinners on a daily basis. There's an antibody test you can get, and I finally got it. I'm normal. Two of his sisters have it. There's some evidence that it's hereditary.
I don't mean to trivialize his experience at all, but does he have any recollection of being temporarily "dead"? Does he remember any tunnels or lights or any of that shit?
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » September 9th, 2009, 9:30 pm

wilson wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Yeah he's fine. It happened in 1994. He has a condition called antiphospholipid syndrome that causes "hypercoagulability" of his blood. He got a clot in his leg that blew, went to the lungs, caused a pulmonary embolism. Boom. Keeled over in the cafeteria at work. Thank the lord for portable defibrillators and people who know CPR. He's been fine ever since, taking blood thinners on a daily basis. There's an antibody test you can get, and I finally got it. I'm normal. Two of his sisters have it. There's some evidence that it's hereditary.
I don't mean to trivialize his experience at all, but does he have any recollection of being temporarily "dead"? Does he remember any tunnels or lights or any of that shit?
No. As someone who spent K through college graduation in Catholic schools, I think all the spirituality has been wrung out of him. He never saw anything like that, that he's told me, and even if he did he'd just chalk it up to random neurons firing....
-- DukeUsul
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » September 9th, 2009, 9:33 pm

devildeac wrote:
and 2 of those were mine, I think: 1 to Turk chastising him and 1 to Ozzie... :oops: :)) =))
One of those was mine, subtly commenting on the massive posting going on over here.
Class of 2014
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 9th, 2009, 9:34 pm

wilson wrote:
I have talked to several patients who experienced a successful CPR effort. Some remember nothing and others have seen bright lights or tunnels or periods of their lives flash before them. Eerie. See, I really can be serious every once in a while, even on 09/09/09. :D
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 9th, 2009, 9:36 pm

just padding the post. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 9th, 2009, 9:37 pm

10,000 is in the offing, I expected more of a rush to get there.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 9th, 2009, 9:39 pm

devildeac wrote:Some remember nothing and others have seen bright lights or tunnels or periods of their lives flash before them.
When you say "periods of their lives flash before them," are we talking just little snapshots, or are these entire interludes playing on super duper fast-forward? I'm really interested in this (obviously I understand that you may not have gotten into that much detail with any of these people).
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 9:40 pm

That's very good news!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » September 9th, 2009, 10:08 pm

Wow, the LTE 2.0 is like the 12th thread down the front page!
-- DukeUsul
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 9th, 2009, 10:13 pm

We may not make 10,000 tonight after all. I certainly don't expect to be around to see it.
In spite of my exhaustion last night, I quickly experienced a bout of insomnia, coinciding with our internet-less interlude while my brother fiddled with the connection. Didn't get to sleep until 3ish. It was terrible in many ways.