LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: calling all Shin Kickers...

Post by CathyCA » April 22nd, 2009, 9:32 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:This has been a day. Okay, remember that closing for my condo is in 2 days? Well, maybe now "was" in 2 days. When I arrived at the final walk-through this afternoon, my realtor was on the phone with my loan officer. Bank of America rejected my mortgage application today because the condo association doesn't have enough money in reserve to pay for major repairs. Not because of my finances, but because of the condo association. Now, when did B of A ask for the condo association budget? They asked for (and received) a copy of the condo association budget this morning. The loan documents were already at the title company for closing. I received a letter several weeks ago with final approval for my loan. How the frak can they do this at the last minute? When did "approved with all contingencies removed" stop meaning approved with all contingencies removed? The loan officer says that he's appealing the decision, but I'm going on the assumption now that it's not going to happen. So, I'm likely out my earnest money plus my loan application fee. And, yes, I am going to move all of my accounts from B of A. Bunch of losers.

CRAP!

BTW, I moved all of my accounts from B of A in October.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 22nd, 2009, 9:42 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:This has been a day. Okay, remember that closing for my condo is in 2 days? Well, maybe now "was" in 2 days. When I arrived at the final walk-through this afternoon, my realtor was on the phone with my loan officer. Bank of America rejected my mortgage application today because the condo association doesn't have enough money in reserve to pay for major repairs. Not because of my finances, but because of the condo association. Now, when did B of A ask for the condo association budget? They asked for (and received) a copy of the condo association budget this morning. The loan documents were already at the title company for closing. I received a letter several weeks ago with final approval for my loan. How the frak can they do this at the last minute? When did "approved with all contingencies removed" stop meaning approved with all contingencies removed? The loan officer says that he's appealing the decision, but I'm going on the assumption now that it's not going to happen. So, I'm likely out my earnest money plus my loan application fee. And, yes, I am going to move all of my accounts from B of A. Bunch of losers.
Shouldn't the condo association have a master policy to handle this?
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 22nd, 2009, 10:06 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
Yes, and I believe they do. In fact, the coverage that I got for my condo covers my part of any repairs that aren't completely covered by the condo association. I think they're looking for excuses to not loan money. Apparently they're not doing so well right now financially. If they really go through with this they'll be losing my business. It's not much, but they won't have my money to waste.

Just talked to a realtive who's a real estate lawyer, and she has never heard of anything like this happening. A strange sign of the times, I guess.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » April 22nd, 2009, 10:18 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
Yes, and I believe they do. In fact, the coverage that I got for my condo covers my part of any repairs that aren't completely covered by the condo association. I think they're looking for excuses to not loan money. Apparently they're not doing so well right now financially. If they really go through with this they'll be losing my business. It's not much, but they won't have my money to waste.

Just talked to a realtive who's a real estate lawyer, and she has never heard of anything like this happening. A strange sign of the times, I guess.
I am kicking the hell out of some BoA shins. I don't bank with them and never will especially if they continue to practice this bullshit type of business with you.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by bjornolf » April 22nd, 2009, 10:39 pm

That sucks so bad. Sorry man. I wish you could sue them for your lost money and time, but it probably wouldn't be worth the pain in the ass.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Miles

Vibes Request

Post by Miles » April 23rd, 2009, 1:42 am

Ugh, but tomorrow is hell day. I am flying my cats to my parent's house in Charlotte before I move back next month. The cats and I have a nine hour trip (loooong layover in Atlanta) not including the ride downtown through traffic. To make the day even more unbearable, I'll be worrying about my cats the entire flight. Poor Septimus and Allegra have to fly below with the cargo because I just couldn't afford to fly them both in the cabin. At least they'll be flying together in the same carrier so they'll have some company. But still, I feel like a horrible father. :((

Wish me luck. See ya'll Monday when I get back.
sMiles
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Vibes Request

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 23rd, 2009, 1:47 am

Miles wrote:Ugh, but tomorrow is hell day. I am flying my cats to my parent's house in Charlotte before I move back next month. ... Poor Septimus and Allegra have to fly below with the cargo because I just couldn't afford to fly them both in the cabin.
You could borrow Sue's airtight cat container. Oh, wait, she never got one :roll: ;) ;) ;)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
IamDuke
PW in training
PW in training

Post by IamDuke » April 23rd, 2009, 7:46 am

I do hope your cats will do fine on the flight. Please let us know. Our pets are so important to us. We are going to Fl. Wed. and I have almost decided if our grandson can't stay at our house with Harley (5 mo. old), I'm not sure I'm going. I would consider boarding him at a place that has a doggie day care.

Good luck on the trip!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 23rd, 2009, 8:59 am

Miles wrote:Ugh, but tomorrow is hell day. I am flying my cats to my parent's house in Charlotte before I move back next month. The cats and I have a nine hour trip (loooong layover in Atlanta) not including the ride downtown through traffic. To make the day even more unbearable, I'll be worrying about my cats the entire flight. Poor Septimus and Allegra have to fly below with the cargo because I just couldn't afford to fly them both in the cabin. At least they'll be flying together in the same carrier so they'll have some company. But still, I feel like a horrible father. :((

Safe flight for you and your kitties!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 23rd, 2009, 11:53 am

Good luck. Meow.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 23rd, 2009, 12:23 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:So, I'm likely out my earnest money plus my loan application fee.

your situation sucks but I have a question - they charge you a loan application fee?!? Are you kidding? There is no way that would happen at a Canadian bank (I doubt the government would permit it even if one tried).
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 23rd, 2009, 1:28 pm

colchar wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:So, I'm likely out my earnest money plus my loan application fee.

your situation sucks but I have a question - they charge you a loan application fee?!? Are you kidding? There is no way that would happen at a Canadian bank (I doubt the government would permit it even if one tried).
I don't think I paid a loan application fee.

Nevertheless, sending shin kicking vibes to BOA. Bastards!!! X( X( X( X(
I worship the Blue Devil!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 23rd, 2009, 1:30 pm

Miles wrote:Ugh, but tomorrow is hell day. I am flying my cats to my parent's house in Charlotte before I move back next month. The cats and I have a nine hour trip (loooong layover in Atlanta) not including the ride downtown through traffic. To make the day even more unbearable, I'll be worrying about my cats the entire flight. Poor Septimus and Allegra have to fly below with the cargo because I just couldn't afford to fly them both in the cabin. At least they'll be flying together in the same carrier so they'll have some company. But still, I feel like a horrible father. :((

Katie, Spencer, Moneypenny and I are all sending vibes to you, Septimus, and Allegra for a safe and pleasant trip. If I had to fly my kitties in cargo I'd be feeling as bad as you are. Please let us know how things go.
Miles

Post by Miles » April 23rd, 2009, 6:57 pm

TillyGalore wrote:

Katie, Spencer, Moneypenny and I are all sending vibes to you, Septimus, and Allegra for a safe and pleasant trip. If I had to fly my kitties in cargo I'd be feeling as bad as you are. Please let us know how things go.
We made it to Atlanta and I suppose the cats are cool. Strangely enough, once we got into the airport they calmed down. Hope the flight wasn't too rough. One three hour layover, one flight, and one more 30 min drive to go. Thanks for the vibes everyone.
sMiles
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 23rd, 2009, 7:13 pm

Miles wrote:We made it to Atlanta and I suppose the cats are cool. Strangely enough, once we got into the airport they calmed down. Hope the flight wasn't too rough. One three hour layover, one flight, and one more 30 min drive to go. Thanks for the vibes everyone.
Glad its going well...G+K hope the rest of the trip is similarly uneventful.
Miles

Post by Miles » April 23rd, 2009, 7:43 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
Miles wrote:We made it to Atlanta and I suppose the cats are cool. Strangely enough, once we got into the airport they calmed down. Hope the flight wasn't too rough. One three hour layover, one flight, and one more 30 min drive to go. Thanks for the vibes everyone.
Glad its going well...G+K hope the rest of the trip is similarly uneventful.
Thanks YBT. The next hurdle is the weather. We have a storm warning right now. Please no layovers! Vibes!!!
sMiles
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 23rd, 2009, 8:01 pm

Miles wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:

We made it to Atlanta and I suppose the cats are cool. Strangely enough, once we got into the airport they calmed down. Hope the flight wasn't too rough. One three hour layover, one flight, and one more 30 min drive to go. Thanks for the vibes everyone.
Great news, Miles! Hope the rest of the trip goes smoothly.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

The Continuing Saga

Post by ArkieDukie » April 23rd, 2009, 8:25 pm

Okay, this continues to be a major headache. My realtor got the condo association to send a statement showing the amount of money in reserve. In fact, it shows that there's more than enough money in reserve. The underwriters still balked, but it's being appealed to someone above them. That happens at 8:00 am CDT. My closing is at 9:00 CDT. So, I'm still scheduled to show up and close tomorrow morning, and we may or may not have money from the bank at that time. I have a cashier's check ready to go but won't hand it over unless/until the bank's money is there. Had to postpone appliance delivery until Monday. I'm getting more gray hairs even as I type.
-- Albert Einstein
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: The Continuing Saga

Post by Sue71 » April 23rd, 2009, 9:02 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Okay, this continues to be a major headache. My realtor got the condo association to send a statement showing the amount of money in reserve. In fact, it shows that there's more than enough money in reserve. The underwriters still balked, but it's being appealed to someone above them. That happens at 8:00 am CDT. My closing is at 9:00 CDT. So, I'm still scheduled to show up and close tomorrow morning, and we may or may not have money from the bank at that time. I have a cashier's check ready to go but won't hand it over unless/until the bank's money is there. Had to postpone appliance delivery until Monday. I'm getting more gray hairs even as I type.

Awwww I'm so sorry to hear about all this. They're just shits. Vibes to you!
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Re: The Continuing Saga

Post by TillyGalore » April 23rd, 2009, 9:13 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Okay, this continues to be a major headache. My realtor got the condo association to send a statement showing the amount of money in reserve. In fact, it shows that there's more than enough money in reserve. The underwriters still balked, but it's being appealed to someone above them. That happens at 8:00 am CDT. My closing is at 9:00 CDT. So, I'm still scheduled to show up and close tomorrow morning, and we may or may not have money from the bank at that time. I have a cashier's check ready to go but won't hand it over unless/until the bank's money is there. Had to postpone appliance delivery until Monday. I'm getting more gray hairs even as I type.
Well crapity crap! Sending vibes that everything goes well tomorrow and you actually close.