Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by knights68 » September 7th, 2009, 11:51 am

devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Today's weather SUCKS.
You're right. It's almost raining sideways about 50-60 miles south of you...
It slowed down for a while but now it's raining almost sideways again. :(

Oh my gosh.... I SO WISH I were there, wherever the rain is!! :mrgreen:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 7th, 2009, 11:53 am

knights68 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
Does Tilly still like mowing lawns?
I don't know.

Where's Tilly?
She still enjoys mowing the lawn... that is in between the times the boyfriend shows up to do it just for kicks! :D

For today Tilly is prepping and planning on this -n- that in prep for the fun time two weekends from now![/quote]
What's she doing, fire-proofing the joint? :roll: :)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
knights68

Post by knights68 » September 7th, 2009, 11:56 am

devildeac wrote:
knights68 wrote:
For today Tilly is prepping and planning on this -n- that in prep for the fun time two weekends from now!
What's she doing, fire-proofing the joint? :roll: :)) =))
Just making things look a little extra 'purty', that's all
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » September 7th, 2009, 11:59 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:This shitty weather is putting a damper on my beer brewing endeavors today. X(
Then drink some instead.
That's my plan, but I'm going to wait at least until noon.....although I have some tasty bloody mary mix calling my name.. :-?
it's 11:59 a.m. as I post this.
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » September 7th, 2009, 12:05 pm

Seems like there has been a lot of posting going on this morning.
Class of 2014
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » September 7th, 2009, 12:06 pm

I slept until 11:17 this morning. It was nice :D
But now I'm doing homework, and then college applications, and then soccer, and then more college applications.
Class of 2014
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 7th, 2009, 12:12 pm

CellR wrote:I slept until 11:17 this morning. It was nice :D
But now I'm doing homework, and then college applications, and then soccer, and then more college applications.
Oh to be young again. I can't sleep more than 7 or 8 hours any more.
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » September 7th, 2009, 12:28 pm

bjornolf wrote:
devildeac wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Oops, you posted on me, that's 46, now 45 I believe.

%%-
Watch out, next time I'll dunk on you... :oops: :roll: :))
I didn't even know you COULD dunk. :))

%%-
Only if it's an Oreo and there's a glass of milk nearby.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 7th, 2009, 12:30 pm

Sue71 wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
devildeac wrote: Watch out, next time I'll dunk on you... :oops: :roll: :))

%%-
Nice. :-bd ^:)^ Or, as Kelso would say, "BURN!" Image

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 7th, 2009, 12:58 pm

My stepson bought himself a PS3 over the weekend, and two games, so I'm watching him play in the living room now. He was nervous I'd be upset when I found out he bought it, I told him I thought it was awesome. He bought it with his own money that he's been making at his job, which he has now had for just over 2 months (he works at Texas Steak House). I think it's great that he has been able to reward himself, plus keep a bunch of money in the bank. (He's getting his license soon, my requirement is that he pays for his insurance). Anyways, just giving him a shout out. (The PS3 is pretty cool!)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 7th, 2009, 1:16 pm

Sue71 wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
devildeac wrote:Watch out, next time I'll dunk on you... :oops: :roll: :))

%%-
Well done.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 7th, 2009, 1:18 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:My stepson bought himself a PS3 over the weekend, and two games, so I'm watching him play in the living room now. He was nervous I'd be upset when I found out he bought it, I told him I thought it was awesome. He bought it with his own money that he's been making at his job, which he has now had for just over 2 months (he works at Texas Steak House). I think it's great that he has been able to reward himself, plus keep a bunch of money in the bank. (He's getting his license soon, my requirement is that he pays for his insurance). Anyways, just giving him a shout out. (The PS3 is pretty cool!)
Do you/he realize what his insurance is gonna cost for the first 3 years he is driving? :(( :((
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 7th, 2009, 1:24 pm

devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:My stepson bought himself a PS3 over the weekend, and two games, so I'm watching him play in the living room now. He was nervous I'd be upset when I found out he bought it, I told him I thought it was awesome. He bought it with his own money that he's been making at his job, which he has now had for just over 2 months (he works at Texas Steak House). I think it's great that he has been able to reward himself, plus keep a bunch of money in the bank. (He's getting his license soon, my requirement is that he pays for his insurance). Anyways, just giving him a shout out. (The PS3 is pretty cool!)
Do you/he realize what his insurance is gonna cost for the first 3 years he is driving? :(( :((
Oh yeah..I've already got one with his license. We just talked to my agent on Friday and have worked it so we will be paying less next month. We reran our policies to see what we could do. Last month, he was paying about $140, in the future it will be about $90. Always helps to go sit down and talk.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 7th, 2009, 1:24 pm

devildeac wrote:
Teenage drivers present a dilemma for insurance companies. They are a money losing proposition. However, its difficult to tell a policyholder of many years that you won't insure them any more, so you set the rate at what you think the market will bear and hope for the best.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 7th, 2009, 1:25 pm

YmoBeThere wrote: Teenage drivers present a dilemma for insurance companies. They are a money losing proposition. However, its difficult to tell a policyholder of many years that you won't insure them any more, so you set the rate at what you think the market will bear and hope for the best.
That was a bargaining chip for me. I've been with my agent for over 6 years now. They give you lots of credits for staying with them.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 7th, 2009, 1:28 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Teenage drivers present a dilemma for insurance companies. They are a money losing proposition. However, its difficult to tell a policyholder of many years that you won't insure them any more, so you set the rate at what you think the market will bear and hope for the best.
My objection has been the triple rates from the inception and not the reverse of starting off lower and then doubling or tripling the rates AFTER a violation and/or accident. :x
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 7th, 2009, 1:28 pm

It's raining sideways. Again.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 7th, 2009, 1:31 pm

devildeac wrote:My objection has been the triple rates from the inception and not the reverse of starting off lower and then doubling or tripling the rates AFTER a violation and/or accident. :x
Understood, but what often happens if you do that after the accident(in particular) the policy goes elsewhere. So, you(the insurance company) have paid for the accident but won't earn back the money over time.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 7th, 2009, 1:39 pm

When I was living in an apartment on Central my second year, my neighbor was the daughter of a famous coach. And one day, a pro scout from the Cincinnati Reds came looking for a Duke football/baseball player who lived in the apartment before me by the initials QM. He was later drafted by the Rockies. I didn't get any free tickets out of it.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 7th, 2009, 1:40 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
devildeac wrote:My objection has been the triple rates from the inception and not the reverse of starting off lower and then doubling or tripling the rates AFTER a violation and/or accident. :x
Understood, but what often happens if you do that after the accident(in particular) the policy goes elsewhere. So, you(the insurance company) have paid for the accident but won't earn back the money over time.
I thought of that but wouldn't that all balance out with the switching that would go on? The company picking up the "damaged goods" would then get to charge the 2x or 3x rate.

I would have loved a rebate with my kids as two of them (both girls) never had a violation or accident in their 1st three "inexperienced driver" years. My son wasn't so bright or careful but got his speeding violation reduced to "9 miles over" and avoided any insurance points and/or increased premiums. He paid for it in "other ways."