Bostondevil is Bib # 25715

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: Bostondevil is Bib # 25715

Post by windsor » April 20th, 2009, 5:59 pm

CONGRATS LISA! YOU JUST ROCK!!
:ymapplause: \:D/ ^:)^ :ymparty: :-bd : :ymapplause: \:D/ ^:)^ :ymparty: :-bd :ymapplause: \:D/ ^:)^ :ymparty: :-bd :ymapplause: \:D/ ^:)^ :ymparty: :-bd
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » April 20th, 2009, 6:02 pm

Kick ass!!!
sMiles
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » April 20th, 2009, 6:20 pm

Congratulations!!!! I'm so impressed when people do things like this that I just couldn't possibly fathom doing myself. Way to go!

:-bd
-- DukeUsul
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » April 20th, 2009, 6:54 pm

I fuckin' did it!!!! I got an official time, you show up on the website, it's official. That was the goal. I thought you didn't get one unless you break 6 hours but you actually have 6 hours 15 minutes from the start of the second wave. The clock was still up an it read 6:13 something when I crossed so I had a minute and a half to spare! Awesome. Ok, honesty time, last year, I say I took 6 1/2 hours it was more like 6:40 so I took somewhere between 30 and 40 minutes off my overall time!!!!!! And I did it with some monster leg cramps. They were so bad at one point that a runner came up from behind me and offered to massage them out for me, no lie, she could SEE my legs cramping up. I sent her on her way but stopped at the next med tent for a massage. The guy there with the miracle fingers asked me if I was sure I wanted to keep going. I said, "I can still walk!" The last 8 miles, when my friend Harry jumped in with me, we would run until my legs cramped up. He kept me from falling down more than once. I couldn't have done it without Harry.

All right, I'll admit it, I am proud of myself. Thanks to everybody here who supported me.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Miles

Post by Miles » April 20th, 2009, 7:01 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I fuckin' did it!!!! I got an official time, you show up on the website, it's official. That was the goal. I thought you didn't get one unless you break 6 hours but you actually have 6 hours 15 minutes from the start of the second wave. The clock was still up an it read 6:13 something when I crossed so I had a minute and a half to spare! Awesome. Ok, honesty time, last year, I say I took 6 1/2 hours it was more like 6:40 so I took somewhere between 30 and 40 minutes off my overall time!!!!!! And I did it with some monster leg cramps. They were so bad at one point that a runner came up from behind me and offered to massage them out for me, no lie, she could SEE my legs cramping up. I sent her on her way but stopped at the next med tent for a massage. The guy there with the miracle fingers asked me if I was sure I wanted to keep going. I said, "I can still walk!" The last 8 miles, when my friend Harry jumped in with me, we would run until my legs cramped up. He kept me from falling down more than once. I couldn't have done it without Harry.

All right, I'll admit it, I am proud of myself. Thanks to everybody here who supported me.
Such a cool story. Yay for Harry! Yay for YOU!
sMiles
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 20th, 2009, 8:23 pm

Fantastic job, Bostondevil! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Sending healthy, happy, post-race vibes your way. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

And, by golly, you should be very proud of yourself! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » April 20th, 2009, 8:56 pm

Congratulations! You are my hero and I am proud of you! :-bd ^:)^
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » April 20th, 2009, 10:53 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I fuckin' did it!!!! I got an official time, you show up on the website, it's official. That was the goal. I thought you didn't get one unless you break 6 hours but you actually have 6 hours 15 minutes from the start of the second wave. The clock was still up an it read 6:13 something when I crossed so I had a minute and a half to spare! Awesome. Ok, honesty time, last year, I say I took 6 1/2 hours it was more like 6:40 so I took somewhere between 30 and 40 minutes off my overall time!!!!!! And I did it with some monster leg cramps. They were so bad at one point that a runner came up from behind me and offered to massage them out for me, no lie, she could SEE my legs cramping up. I sent her on her way but stopped at the next med tent for a massage. The guy there with the miracle fingers asked me if I was sure I wanted to keep going. I said, "I can still walk!" The last 8 miles, when my friend Harry jumped in with me, we would run until my legs cramped up. He kept me from falling down more than once. I couldn't have done it without Harry.

Fuck yeah, Congratulations, BD!!! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:

That's an incredible drop in time - way to go!!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 20th, 2009, 11:17 pm

well done. :)
Congrats!
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 21st, 2009, 3:36 pm

So how are you feeling today?
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » April 21st, 2009, 4:05 pm

I'll stop talking about marathons soon, but in the meantime, here's one more picture. This one is Harry and me at the finish line.

http://www.boston.com/sports/marathon/g ... nish?pg=26

After a day of recovery, the calf muscles are still very sore but the worst is my right big toe, seriously damaged toenail, a little swollen and either blistered or cut, can't tell which. Other than that, I actually feel better than last year.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 21st, 2009, 4:09 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I'll stop talking about marathons soon, but in the meantime, here's one more picture. This one is Harry and me at the finish line.

After a day of recovery, the calf muscles are still very sore but the worst is my right big toe, seriously damaged toenail, a little swollen and either blistered or cut, can't tell which. Other than that, I actually feel better than last year.
I LOVE that picture! Am tearing up after looking at it. Way to go Lisa! You're my hero.
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
I worship the Blue Devil!
Miles

Post by Miles » April 21st, 2009, 6:24 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:I'll stop talking about marathons soon, but in the meantime, here's one more picture. This one is Harry and me at the finish line.

I LOVE that picture! Am tearing up after looking at it. Way to go Lisa! You're my hero.
Aww that made me tear up too. What a great shot! Lisa rules!
sMiles
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 21st, 2009, 7:18 pm

Bostondevil wrote:After a day of recovery, the calf muscles are still very sore but the worst is my right big toe, seriously damaged toenail, a little swollen and either blistered or cut, can't tell which.
Boston "TyLaw" Devil :D

Awesome photo by the way!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 21st, 2009, 8:32 pm

TillyGalore wrote:

Can't say it any better than Tilly did. ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :-bd :-bd :-bd
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein