Any CrazieTalkers want to be CrazieWalkers?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: Any CrazieTalkers want to be CrazieWalkers?

Post by windsor » September 2nd, 2009, 4:01 pm

TillyGalore wrote:This is why I kind of sort of wish I had a dog. My cats hate leases.
Not to mention a cat on a leash looks downright silly - and my Terv is big enough give pause to anyone who might want to mess with me....don't think your cats are intimidating (although a cat can put a serious hurtin' on you if they wish!)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 2nd, 2009, 4:03 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
windsor wrote:
Lavabe wrote: quote="windsor" Tilly, DinK and Lavabe (and any also interested in CrazieWalkin' not to be confused with Silly Walking)

I don't know if any of you have a goal (I want to walk the 5K Turkey Trot) but I was thinking vritual walks and moral support....Lavabe I know you walk the Awesome Aussie. Tilly have you been strollin'???
/quote

I usually walk 1.5 miles and 2 miles each day with Georgia (i.e., two walks a day). By the end of the walks, she is one tired dog, having chased every water sprinkler along the way. After the first block or two, she gets into her rhythm.

Unfortunately, ILJ's knee issues prevent her from doing much walking. We expect that she's due for knee replacement surgery sometime in this next year.

Cheers,
Lavabe

It takes Wizard a block or so to realize we are walking not going for a walk (??) going for a walk = doing his business, walking means get your Tervie Tail in heel positon and stay there....no sniff, no watering flora or fauna...he's funny when he get the 'oh, we're walking his head comes up, ears come up and he gets this 'I'm walkin' with Mommy prance in his step' Silly Terv.
This is why I kind of sort of wish I had a dog. My cats hate leases.
They must be happier now that you own a home! :D
Life is good!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 2nd, 2009, 4:16 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
windsor wrote:"quote="Lavabe" quote="windsor" Tilly, DinK and Lavabe (and any also interested in CrazieWalkin' not to be confused with Silly Walking)

I don't know if any of you have a goal (I want to walk the 5K Turkey Trot) but I was thinking vritual walks and moral support....Lavabe I know you walk the Awesome Aussie. Tilly have you been strollin'???
/quote

I usually walk 1.5 miles and 2 miles each day with Georgia (i.e., two walks a day). By the end of the walks, she is one tired dog, having chased every water sprinkler along the way. After the first block or two, she gets into her rhythm.

Unfortunately, ILJ's knee issues prevent her from doing much walking. We expect that she's due for knee replacement surgery sometime in this next year.

Cheers,
Lavabe"/quote"

It takes Wizard a block or so to realize we are walking not going for a walk (??) going for a walk = doing his business, walking means get your Tervie Tail in heel positon and stay there....no sniff, no watering flora or fauna...he's funny when he get the 'oh, we're walking his head comes up, ears come up and he gets this 'I'm walkin' with Mommy prance in his step' Silly Terv.
DinK - great catch!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) I tried to put my cats on a leash and it's like hook'n an eel once you get them out of the water, just a big mess of paa-skett-eeee (as my lil man used to say a LONG time ago) !!!!! =)) =)) =)) =))
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 2nd, 2009, 4:21 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:This is why I kind of sort of wish I had a dog. My cats hate leases.
=)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Good catch.

Yes, we are all happier now that I own a home. No worries about breaking the lease by having one too many cats.
I worship the Blue Devil!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 2nd, 2009, 5:30 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
windsor wrote: I usually walk 1.5 miles and 2 miles each day with Georgia (i.e., two walks a day). By the end of the walks, she is one tired dog, having chased every water sprinkler along the way. After the first block or two, she gets into her rhythm.

Cheers,
Lavabe

They must not be very good tenants then if they hate leases. :roll: :)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 2nd, 2009, 6:04 pm

windsor wrote:It takes Wizard a block or so to realize we are walking not going for a walk (??) going for a walk = doing his business, walking means get your Tervie Tail in heel positon and stay there....no sniff, no watering flora or fauna...he's funny when he get the 'oh, we're walking his head comes up, ears come up and he gets this 'I'm walkin' with Mommy prance in his step' Silly Terv.
Georgia still has puppy in her, so she also gets into the perky-ear/prance routine, but her puppy-dom comes out, and I let her be herself. The biggest problem is her instinct to herd, which means one thing ... she wants to herd me.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 2nd, 2009, 6:08 pm

devildeac wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
Lavabe wrote:"quote="windsor""

Cheers,
Lavabe"/quote"

:)) :)) :)) :)) I think you owe DinK a beer and Tilly one of those ice cream "homemade coconut" sam-iches!!!! :D
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 2nd, 2009, 6:54 pm

cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:
TillyGalore wrote: quote="Lavabe" "quote="windsor""

Cheers,
Lavabe"/quote"

It takes Wizard a block or so to realize we are walking not going for a walk (??) going for a walk = doing his business, walking means get your Tervie Tail in heel positon and stay there....no sniff, no watering flora or fauna...he's funny when he get the 'oh, we're walking his head comes up, ears come up and he gets this 'I'm walkin' with Mommy prance in his step' Silly Terv. /quote

:)) :)) :)) :)) I think you owe DinK a beer and Tilly one of those ice cream "homemade coconut" sam-iches!!!! :D
Can I trade my beer for Tilly's homemade coconut ice cream sandwiches?
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 2nd, 2009, 6:59 pm

windsor wrote: It takes Wizard a block or so to realize we are walking not going for a walk (??) going for a walk = doing his business, walking means get your Tervie Tail in heel positon and stay there....no sniff, no watering flora or fauna...he's funny when he get the 'oh, we're walking his head comes up, ears come up and he gets this 'I'm walkin' with Mommy prance in his step' Silly Terv.
Your dog waters the fauna? That's a little crazy. I might pay money to see that. You should tape it for AFV. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 2nd, 2009, 8:31 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Can I trade my beer for Tilly's homemade coconut ice cream sandwiches?
Hmm, I don't make homemade coconut ice cream sammiches.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 2nd, 2009, 9:03 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Can I trade my beer for Tilly's homemade coconut ice cream sandwiches?
DD is the homemade "coconut" man and KNIGHTS-69 :D is the ice cream sammich man! Please try and keep up!!!! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :D ;)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 2nd, 2009, 9:09 pm

cl15876 wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
DD is the homemade "coconut" man and KNIGHTS-69 :D is the ice cream sammich man! Please try and keep up!!!! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :D ;)
I think you have me confused with someone else. Think beer float... ;)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » September 2nd, 2009, 9:17 pm

Who is Knights69??? [-x
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » September 2nd, 2009, 9:19 pm

So no one claims coconut... how did Tilly get associated w/ coconut ice cream sandwiches? I'm really confused, so she's not the only one who's lost here.

:-\
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 2nd, 2009, 9:21 pm

bjornolf wrote:
windsor wrote: It takes Wizard a block or so to realize we are walking not going for a walk (??) going for a walk = doing his business, walking means get your Tervie Tail in heel positon and stay there....no sniff, no watering flora or fauna...he's funny when he get the 'oh, we're walking his head comes up, ears come up and he gets this 'I'm walkin' with Mommy prance in his step' Silly Terv.
Your dog waters the fauna? That's a little crazy. I might pay money to see that. You should tape it for AFV. ;)

%%-
When we got the lab puppy Wizard 'watered' him does that count? Fauna applies to all sizes of animal so yes, while watering the flora I'm sure he's also watering fauna! =:)

No walk tonight - the thunderstorms rolled in late and it is still pouring! :((
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 2nd, 2009, 9:29 pm

windsor wrote:No walk tonight - the thunderstorms rolled in late and it is still pouring! :((
I didn't either. Didn't leave the office until 7pm. Tomorrow is even worse, I'll leave around 7pm, but will be getting in at 6:45 am. So, will have two long days in a row. I feel like Sue. :ymhug: :ymhug:
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » September 2nd, 2009, 9:30 pm

Welcome to my world. :-s
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 2nd, 2009, 9:31 pm

Sue71 wrote:Welcome to my world. :-s
At least we're in good company. :D :D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 2nd, 2009, 9:32 pm

Sue71 wrote:Who is Knights69??? [-x
Sue - Dink and I were messing with Tilly at the CTN Babes Beach outing... Knights69 is Marvin, Knights68. I said 69 (my slip), Dink said 67, so we split the difference and the average is 68!!!!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 2nd, 2009, 9:39 pm

Sue71 wrote:So no one claims coconut... how did Tilly get associated w/ coconut ice cream sandwiches? I'm really confused, so she's not the only one who's lost here.

:-\
Again, I am guilty of thinking out of the box, part of the 30 LTE pages (I think that you didn't get to read)... DD said something about making homemade coconut, but he's an IPOD DR who likes Michael Jackson when he works and drinks beer also, so he probably forgot. Knights68 was making homemade ice cream sammiches for Tilly for her Birthday (which turned out to not be soo home made, but delicious), so I bridged the gap and combined the two and you now have homemade Coconut Ice Cream Sammiches with the involved parties and consumers included. Sorry, maybe I am thinking way toooo deep tonight as a result of all this flossing discussion that has me thinking! Please forgive me! ;) :-ss :-ss :ympray: Maybe it's time for me to be doing something else! L-) L-) L-) L-)