Countdown to Football

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Countdown to Football

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 21st, 2009, 4:32 pm

Wooohoooo!! The first brunchgate thread will be started very soon I'm sure. Time to get a menu together. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 21st, 2009, 5:25 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Wooohoooo!! The first brunchgate thread will be started very soon I'm sure. Time to get a menu together. :D
I will take care of that tomorrow with an announcement about time and place and that thread should be the forum for Q&A about details, especially the food and drink options... :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » August 22nd, 2009, 9:56 pm

Two weeks from tonight! \:D/
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 22nd, 2009, 10:14 pm

devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Wooohoooo!! The first brunchgate thread will be started very soon I'm sure. Time to get a menu together. :D
I will take care of that tomorrow with an announcement about time and place and that thread should be the forum for Q&A about details, especially the food and drink options... :D
As promised, see Our House for the 2009 Brunchgate thread...

(I love quoting myself...) :roll:
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » August 24th, 2009, 5:06 pm

The opening date for the football season is almost close enough to begin to look into the weather forecast for that day!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 24th, 2009, 5:08 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:The opening date for the football season is almost close enough to begin to look into the weather forecast for that day!
I predict it will be hot. I just hope no thunderstorms!
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » August 24th, 2009, 5:27 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:The opening date for the football season is almost close enough to begin to look into the weather forecast for that day!
I predict it will be hot. I just hope no thunderstorms!
Accuweather's long range prediction for September 5 currently is for a high of about 80 degrees that will feel like around 90 degrees because of the high humidity. Morning showers may occur as well. The days leading up to that Saturday are predicted to have more moderate temperatures along with humidity.

Lots of time for the forecast to change.... maybe depending on what develops out in the Atlantic.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » August 24th, 2009, 8:31 pm

the tarholes opening home game once again coincides with ours. What do ya'll think the chances are that we'll see parachutes dropping into Wally Wade again? I suggest that if it happens, (as someone wrote over yonder) the Duke football team signs their game ball and sends it over to the dump on the hump :D

GTHC, GTH!!!!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 24th, 2009, 9:22 pm

DukePA wrote:the tarholes opening home game once again coincides with ours. What do ya'll think the chances are that we'll see parachutes dropping into Wally Wade again? I suggest that if it happens, (as someone wrote over yonder) the Duke football team signs their game ball and sends it over to the dump on the hump :D

GTHC, GTH!!!!

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Oh my sides are killing me.
I worship the Blue Devil!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 24th, 2009, 10:09 pm

I'm still laying low (I know that's bad English but "lying" low just sounds lame) about what I'll be able to take part in. Things are still pretty touch and go around here as Ima-the-Daughter continues her recovery. There are good days and bad. But, rest assured I'm watching things develop as we all approach the first brunchgate and the excitement of the first kick-off. Don't know yet who will be able to make it and just won't know until the time comes. It's my hope to get there and meet more of you guys before the game. I'll watch your menu take shape and will come up with something that may be lacking when the time comes. So keep up the chatter.

It's getting so exciting!!! This will be a really fun year.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » August 26th, 2009, 11:45 pm

Nine more days! The current long range weather prediction is full of warm weather .....high around 87 degrees but will feel like 102 degrees because of the high humidity. No mention of precipitation. If there is any rain, let's hope it falls on the 6P kick off just a few miles away in an area between 15-501 NC 54.
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » August 29th, 2009, 8:28 am

This is a special day: one week until the first game! The weather forecast continues to be for temperatures in the low to mid 80s, sunny and humid. There should be a big crowd for this one since ticket sales are going well and it's Duke Employees Day. Another game nearby kicks off at 6P when the Citadel marches into CH.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 29th, 2009, 10:11 am

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:This is a special day: one week until the first game! The weather forecast continues to be for temperatures in the low to mid 80s, sunny and humid. There should be a big crowd for this one since ticket sales are going well and it's Duke Employees Day. Another game nearby kicks off at 6P when the Citadel marches into CH.
Wonder if the 'holes have a paratrooper schedule for that evening? :roll: :)) =))
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » August 29th, 2009, 10:15 am

devildeac wrote:
Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:This is a special day: one week until the first game! The weather forecast continues to be for temperatures in the low to mid 80s, sunny and humid. There should be a big crowd for this one since ticket sales are going well and it's Duke Employees Day. Another game nearby kicks off at 6P when the Citadel marches into CH.
Wonder if the 'holes have a paratrooper schedule for that evening? :roll: :)) =))
We'll see soon enough! Maybe it's a good thing they kick off first..... less likely to injure anyone in Durham.......
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 29th, 2009, 1:22 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
devildeac wrote:
We'll see soon enough! Maybe it's a good thing they kick off first..... less likely to injure anyone in Durham.......

:)) =))
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 1st, 2009, 8:31 am

5 Days to Go!!!
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » September 1st, 2009, 8:45 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:5 Days to Go!!!
Indeed! The weather forecast is a bit more favorable than it appeared to be 10 days or so ago. We can look forward to seasonal high in the low 80s that will feel like the low 80s instead of feeling like the 90s!

The excitement surrounding the first game and the beginning of the season is more than last year and continues to build!

See you at the Devil Walk! GO DUKE!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 1st, 2009, 11:24 pm

Indeed! The weather forecast is a bit more favorable than it appeared to be 10 days or so ago. We can look forward to seasonal high in the low 80s that will feel like the low 80s instead of feeling like the 90s!

The excitement surrounding the first game and the beginning of the season is more than last year and continues to build!

As of tonight the forecast is for 86 F with moderate humidity and just a couple of wispy clouds during the day for Brunchgate - and the evening should be beautiful for the game too!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 1st, 2009, 11:36 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

As of tonight the forecast is for 86 F with moderate humidity and just a couple of wispy clouds during the day for Brunchgate - and the evening should be beautiful for the game too!
And hopefully no thunderstorms or paratroopers...

:)) :)) =)) =))
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » September 2nd, 2009, 8:25 am

devildeac wrote: And hopefully no thunderstorms or paratroopers...

:)) :)) =)) =))
The opening ceremonies in a nearby stadium take place an hour before Duke kicks off. That should be enough time to clear away the debris! Maybe we should keep an eye on the sky until we're sure they've kicked off over there....... :))