Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2009, 2:30 pm

How long until we get to ever?
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » August 22nd, 2009, 2:31 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:How long until we get to ever?
ever?
Class of 2014
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 22nd, 2009, 2:34 pm

CellR wrote:
ever?
As in, The "Longest Thread _____".
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » August 22nd, 2009, 2:42 pm

wilson wrote:
CellR wrote:
ever?
As in, The "Longest Thread _____".
Depends on how much we PW, I suppose.
The first search result of The Longest Thread Ever came up with http://forums.filefront.com/spam-forum/ ... -4430.html

They have 66,447 posts in that thread... I guess we need to pick it up!
Most LTE's on the internet have in between 20k and 30k posts from what I saw after a quick search...
They are no match for us. :lol: We have only been at it for a few months. By the time this thread has been going for 4 1/2 years, I'm sure we will have by far the longest thread on the internet!! Mwahahaha :twisted:
Class of 2014
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2009, 2:44 pm

CellR wrote:Depends on how much we PW, I suppose.
The first search result of The Longest Thread Ever came up with http://forums.filefront.com/spam-forum/ ... -4430.html

Most LTE's on the internet have in between 20k and 30k posts from what I saw after a quick search...
They are no match for us. :lol: We have only been at it for a few months.
Wait until you hear what the knitters have done...
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » August 22nd, 2009, 2:57 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukePA wrote:I'm baaaaack! So, I had a great time at the PA conference in Myrtle Beach and got to hang out with the parents and catch up with lots of PA buddies. They did, unfortunately, charge $9.95 a day for wireless. There was no way I was willing to pay it, hence my hiatus. Congrats to DD on achieving green jacket (vest :D) status! I have a ton of catching up to do so I think I'll resurrect the "What did I miss thread!"

Just so ya'll know, I missed my PW buddies :(
Welcome back, DukePA! We missed you too! Any good job leads at the conference?
Thanks! As a matter of fact, I do have a lead on a Psychiatry position in eastern NC. Yee ha! I would really enjoy that because I have a degree in Psychology and some of my most satisfying patient interactions occurred when I started them on antidepressants and got to see them get back into life.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 22nd, 2009, 3:26 pm

CellR wrote: Depends on how much we PW, I suppose.

They are no match for us. :lol: We have only been at it for a few months. By the time this thread has been going for 4 1/2 years, I'm sure we will have by far the longest thread on the internet!! Mwahahaha :twisted:

We just need to exceed the LTE over yonder. I wonder how much their daily posting traffic in that thread has been impacted by the creation of this place?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 22nd, 2009, 3:44 pm

DukePA wrote:I'm baaaaack! So, I had a great time at the PA conference in Myrtle Beach and got to hang out with the parents and catch up with lots of PA buddies. They did, unfortunately, charge $9.95 a day for wireless. There was no way I was willing to pay it, hence my hiatus. Congrats to DD on achieving green jacket (vest :D) status! I have a ton of catching up to do so I think I'll resurrect the "What did I miss thread!"

Welcome back!!!!! You've got lots of catching up to do!!!! :ymhug: ;)
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 22nd, 2009, 3:44 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
CellR wrote:Depends on how much we PW, I suppose.

They are no match for us. :lol: We have only been at it for a few months.
Wait until you hear what the knitters have done...
As of 3:41pm, 8.22.09 the total is 504,189. I kid you not.

The best that I can tell, it was started on 11.8.07. It has a nickname too, Fred.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 22nd, 2009, 3:47 pm

I think Cathy wanted to know what song I was drunkenly singing in Irish - Brigid O'Malley, to give you the title in English. I can't spell it in Irish.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 22nd, 2009, 3:50 pm

1041 different knitters have posted in "The Very Longest Thread (aka Fred)". So, just giving you the stats. Let's face it, knitters are hard to beat.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 22nd, 2009, 4:10 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
bjornolf wrote: That was EXACTLY what I was thinking. Amazing what changing one little word can do to a sentence. ;) With the "going to bed" reference, it reminds me of a game an old friend who was a girl (didn't want it confused with "girlfriend"), where we'd add the words "in bed" to anything people said. It makes for some hysterical moments.
We do that with fortune cookies.
Ditto
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 22nd, 2009, 4:14 pm

CathyCA wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:In honor of what would have been my Dad's 85th birthday, for those so inclined, please have a gin martini this evening. He was a wonderful gentleman.
Belated birthday wishes in memory of your dad, DinK. He was a very lucky man to have you as his daughter.

Thanks! I have been truly blessed with a wonderful family. I know my parents were responsible for it. My dad took me around the world by the time I was 14, letting me stay in some of the nicest hotels. How did we repay him? We took him on vacation and had him sleep in the basement of a 100 year old barn on bunk beds made out of 2x4s. It had an excellent restaurant.
Life is good!
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » August 22nd, 2009, 4:18 pm

Bostondevil wrote:1041 different knitters have posted in "The Very Longest Thread (aka Fred)". So, just giving you the stats. Let's face it, knitters are hard to beat.
What? What is this thread?
Class of 2014
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 22nd, 2009, 4:19 pm

cl15876 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:It is 8/21 in Kansas and I have to shut the sliding glass door at 9pm because it is too cold in here. Who'd a thunk it?
OMG, unbelievable!!!!! Sorry I missed the toast last night and sending vibes and prayers your way throughout the day, but please accept my apologies and am now sending those belated vibes and prayers!!! :ympray: @};-
Thanks for the prayers and vibes. As a neighbor said when Mom passed away, I'm grateful I have parents that I miss. I have wonderful memories and great siblings.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 22nd, 2009, 4:21 pm

Glad you're back. Just think of all the PWing you get to do now.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 22nd, 2009, 4:22 pm

DukePA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

Welcome back, DukePA! We missed you too! Any good job leads at the conference?
Thanks! As a matter of fact, I do have a lead on a Psychiatry position in eastern NC. Yee ha! I would really enjoy that because I have a degree in Psychology and some of my most satisfying patient interactions occurred when I started them on antidepressants and got to see them get back into life.
That sounds great. Vibes are coming!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 22nd, 2009, 4:23 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:My outing this morning wore me out - I'm currently on megadoses of augmentin, recovering from a sinus infection. Every morning I think I feel better, and then an hour later I'm ready to collapse and take a nap. :-q
Listen to your body and take the nap if possible. I hope you get to feeling better and stronger soon.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 22nd, 2009, 4:26 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:My outing this morning wore me out - I'm currently on megadoses of augmentin, recovering from a sinus infection. Every morning I think I feel better, and then an hour later I'm ready to collapse and take a nap. :-q
Listen to your body and take the nap if possible. I hope you get to feeling better and stronger soon.
Thanks! I'm torn at the moment because I've been resting all day and want to go outside again. I'm watching "Forrest Gump" at the moment. Such a good movie!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 22nd, 2009, 4:28 pm

CellR wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:1041 different knitters have posted in "The Very Longest Thread (aka Fred)". So, just giving you the stats. Let's face it, knitters are hard to beat.
What? What is this thread?
There's a website called Ravelry that's set up for knitters and crocheters to share info on knitting, yarn, patterns, post pictures of their projects, etc. There are also groups formed on this site. In the Completely Arbitrary and Pointless Group, on the discussion board, rests "The Very Longest Thread (aka Fred)". They have us beat. But, to be fair, there are 1041 of them. Knitters are numerous and to be honest, often very geeky. I discovered it one day and reported about it it LTE 1.0. Ymo brings them up occasionally and I go off and check the stats for him. It's this thing we have, right Ymo?