Moral Support Needed

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Re: Moral Support Needed

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 20th, 2009, 2:11 pm

Here's the great news. You are not a smoker! Unlike dieting, the very minute you quit you could start saying "I'm not a smoker." On the first day of a diet, you can't say "I"m thin." See the difference? So you have accomplished your mission already. Now just enjoy the fact that "You are not a smoker." You are not quitting....you have quit. Period.

You have won. Celebrate and enjoy the achievement.
Love Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 20th, 2009, 2:23 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Here's the great news. You are not a smoker! Unlike dieting, the very minute you quit you could start saying "I'm not a smoker." On the first day of a diet, you can't say "I"m thin." See the difference? So you have accomplished your mission already. Now just enjoy the fact that "You are not a smoker." You are not quitting....you have quit. Period.

You have won. Celebrate and enjoy the achievement.
Love Ima
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Thanks you Ima - what a great way too look at it!!

Just took a walk around the buildings - feeling much better. I'm sure it is all the CTN vibes pouring in

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

To all of you!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 20th, 2009, 3:37 pm

Vibing at 106.7 MHz for you! )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 20th, 2009, 3:42 pm

bjornolf wrote:Vibing at 106.7 MHz for you! )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

%%-

Excellent! FM vibes!
Did you know that 106.7 is the Kathmandu Metropolitan City Government channel in Kathmandu?

I do love google. :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 20th, 2009, 5:35 pm

Vibes for strength to you, Windsor. Sounds like day 8 is a rough one. Here's hoping day 9 is easier!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » August 20th, 2009, 6:23 pm

windsor wrote:Calling for an extra dose of vibes today - for some reason the cravings are very strong today!! Not sure what is up with THAT - eight days? Shouldn't they be going away not getting worse? ~x( ~x( ~x( ~x( ~x(
The Shirelles sang about this very phenomenon.... "Momma said there'd be days like this..."

I remember have an occasional such craving even a year or two after quitting. It would seem to come out of the blue, but was probably prompted by something like a smell or taste. I'd just go through the mantra I'd used with the self hypnosis and keep moving on to other things.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 20th, 2009, 6:46 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
windsor wrote:Calling for an extra dose of vibes today - for some reason the cravings are very strong today!! Not sure what is up with THAT - eight days? Shouldn't they be going away not getting worse? ~x( ~x( ~x( ~x( ~x(
The Shirelles sang about this very phenomenon.... "Momma said there'd be days like this..."

I remember have an occasional such craving even a year or two after quitting. It would seem to come out of the blue, but was probably prompted by something like a smell or taste. I'd just go through the mantra I'd used with the self hypnosis and keep moving on to other things.
8 days? I prefer to think of the Beatles...
Ooh I need your love babe,
Guess you know it's true.
Hope you need my love babe,
Just like I need you.
Hold me, love me, hold me, love me.
I ain't got nothin' but love babe,
Eight days a week.

Love you ev'ry day girl,
Always on my mind.
One thing I can say girl,
Love you all the time.
I ain't got nothin' but love girl,
Eight days a week.

Eight days a week
I love you.
Eight days a week
Is not enough to show I care.

Ooh I need your love babe,
Guess you know it's true.
Hope you need my love babe,
Just like I need you.
I ain't got nothin' but love babe,
Eight days a week.

Eight days a week
I love you.
Eight days a week
Is not enough to show I care.

Love you ev'ry day girl,
Always on my mind.
One thing I can say girl,
Love you all the time.
I ain't got nothin' but love girl,
Eight days a week,
Eight days a week,
Eight days a week.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 20th, 2009, 9:24 pm

Hate to repeat myself---but I will! Get off any of the aids you are using. Get that crap totally out of your system. You are soooo there, so don't torture yourself! vibevibevibevibevibevibe!!!!! I promise the cravings will pass completely so much faster.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 21st, 2009, 8:26 am

Good morning, windsor.

Are you noticing any improvement on your breathing while you train your dogs on the agility course? I haven't heard much discussion about how that's changed.

Cheers,
Lavabe
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 21st, 2009, 8:59 am

Lavabe wrote:Good morning, windsor.

Are you noticing any improvement on your breathing while you train your dogs on the agility course? I haven't heard much discussion about how that's changed.

Cheers,
Lavabe
I have noticed a big difference already. First of all I no longer sound like I'm going to hack up a lung in the morning. :ymsick:

In class Tuesday night I ran Jester and did not feel like a bass in the bottom of the boat when I was done. One of my students (an MD) noted that my color was 'much better' than it usually is when I finish. There was actually a point on the course where I didn't need to run, but I did anyway just to try something. I don't usually expend any more energy that absolutely necessary!

I've also noted a difference just in day to day stuff - my office is a five building complex in large circle - they buildings are connected by 'habitrails' so the gerbils...uh I mean people....can get from building to building without getting soaked. Those trails get very warm in humid this time of year and usually if I went from bldg 3 to bldg 1 (which I do often) I couldn't wait to get in the A/C so I could breath. It occured to me yesterday that the humidity was bothering me nearly as much.

Maybe if I get really brave I'll try this stairs (I'm on the 4th floor).

The next goal - every year the St Pete Times sponsors a slew of 'Turkey Trot Races' - 1 mile walk, a 5k race, 5k fun run and a 10k. The 5ks and the 10 k pass within a block of my house (I always go out and watch - I have a good friend that runs the 5 and 10 who lives an hour away, he always comes over the night before, we have dinner he stays at my house and then he is only 5 minutes from the race start at oh-dark-thirty.)

Anyway, I am thinking about doing the 5k fun run which I will probably WALK most of - I don't think my knees will hold up to the pounding of running on pavement for very long...and I need knees for agility....where there is actuall a very popular t-shirt that says "Top notch agility dog seeks handler with better knees" :D

The first few days of not smoking I coughed much more than usual...now I am hacking much much less!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 21st, 2009, 9:14 am

Love this. It's gotta be cool to have so clear an indication to yourself of why you're doing this and what benefits it will have for your health and your life. Keep on chuggin', windsor! :ymapplause:
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 21st, 2009, 9:15 am

YEAH - what great news!

As Ima pointed out, you are not a smoker now. Good for you. Keep up the smoke free way!
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 21st, 2009, 9:19 am

windsor wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Good morning, windsor.

Cheers,
Lavabe
I have noticed a big difference already. First of all I no longer sound like I'm going to hack up a lung in the morning. :ymsick:

In class Tuesday night I ran Jester and did not feel like a bass in the bottom of the boat when I was done. One of my students (an MD) noted that my color was 'much better' than it usually is when I finish. There was actually a point on the course where I didn't need to run, but I did anyway just to try something. I don't usually expend any more energy that absolutely necessary!

I've also noted a difference just in day to day stuff - my office is a five building complex in large circle - they buildings are connected by 'habitrails' so the gerbils...uh I mean people....can get from building to building without getting soaked. Those trails get very warm in humid this time of year and usually if I went from bldg 3 to bldg 1 (which I do often) I couldn't wait to get in the A/C so I could breath. It occured to me yesterday that the humidity was bothering me nearly as much.

Maybe if I get really brave I'll try this stairs (I'm on the 4th floor).

The next goal - every year the St Pete Times sponsors a slew of 'Turkey Trot Races' - 1 mile walk, a 5k race, 5k fun run and a 10k. The 5ks and the 10 k pass within a block of my house (I always go out and watch - I have a good friend that runs the 5 and 10 who lives an hour away, he always comes over the night before, we have dinner he stays at my house and then he is only 5 minutes from the race start at oh-dark-thirty.)

Anyway, I am thinking about doing the 5k fun run which I will probably WALK most of - I don't think my knees will hold up to the pounding of running on pavement for very long...and I need knees for agility....where there is actuall a very popular t-shirt that says "Top notch agility dog seeks handler with better knees" :D

The first few days of not smoking I coughed much more than usual...now I am hacking much much less!
Yay!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

I'll train with you do the 5k walk. Well, train from afar.

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
I worship the Blue Devil!
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » August 21st, 2009, 9:19 am

Just keep on doing what you're doing! Each day will get better.... have you noticed your sense of smell improving?
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 21st, 2009, 9:31 am

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:Just keep on doing what you're doing! Each day will get better.... have you noticed your sense of smell improving?
Why yes I have...I can smell the Tarholes a mile away now :D

Seriously yes ....and stuff is starting to taste 'funny' too.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 21st, 2009, 10:16 am

TillyGalore wrote:Yay!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Oh how cool...a training partner!
I'm figuring I will alternate dogs since they could always use the excercise...well two of them anyway - I will not ask an 11 year old black dog to walk 3.1 miles in the heat! Weather permitting I'm going to start tonight - I'll take the Tervuren along since he walks at a beautiful heel and won't be any bother. Hope I can find his vest so he can carry our water! He loves to carry the water! :o3
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 21st, 2009, 10:17 am

windsor wrote:
Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:Just keep on doing what you're doing! Each day will get better.... have you noticed your sense of smell improving?
Why yes I have...I can smell the Tarholes a mile away now :D

Seriously yes ....and stuff is starting to taste 'funny' too.
Keep up the great effort! It is well worth it. And that "funny" taste? It is the real taste of food - you'll get to love it!

}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 21st, 2009, 10:19 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:It is the real taste of food - you'll get to love it!
[insert beer joke here]
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 21st, 2009, 10:22 am

windsor wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Yay!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

I'm figuring I will alternate dogs since they could always use the excercise...well two of them anyway - I will not ask an 11 year old black dog to walk 3.1 miles in the heat! Weather permitting I'm going to start tonight - I'll take the Tervuren along since he walks at a beautiful heel and won't be any bother. Hope I can find his vest so he can carry our water! He loves to carry the water! :o3
I wouldn't start out at 3.1 miles tonight. Start slowly and build up. In fact, you may want to start with time versus distance.

I'll see if I can find a walking program on-line and send it to you. I've used these type programs in my running days to build up to whatever my goal was.
I worship the Blue Devil!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 21st, 2009, 10:27 am

TillyGalore wrote:
windsor wrote:

I wouldn't start out at 3.1 miles tonight. Start slowly and build up. In fact, you may want to start with time versus distance.

I'll see if I can find a walking program on-line and send it to you. I've used these type programs in my running days to build up to whatever my goal was.
If you can find it that would be great...I wasn't actually going to do the whole 3.1.....because of the way the course is laid out it goes down Road A....across Road B and up Road C --- I live right off road A about half way down the 'real' course and there are plenty of cross streets connecting A and C - I figured I'd see how I felt and if I started to tire I would take on of the cross streets and head home.