Men getting in touch with the softer side

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Re: Men getting in touch with the softer side

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 17th, 2009, 7:52 pm

Get back to us any of you whose softer sides have actually volunteered to change a dirty diaper!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » August 17th, 2009, 7:54 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Get back to us any of you whose softer sides have actually volunteered to change a dirty diaper!
Love, Ima
I've done that! Great times with my babies!!!!! My nose was like a water stick.... I smelled, and took the initiative!!!!! :D
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 17th, 2009, 7:59 pm

devildeac wrote:"I cut down trees, I wear high heels, suspenders and a bra..." :oops: :roll: :)) =))
Paging bjornolf!!

We need a lumberjack emoticon!!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 17th, 2009, 10:00 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Get back to us any of you whose softer sides have actually volunteered to change a dirty diaper!
Love, Ima
Been there, done that, will be doing it again come next February, March, April... anytime the kids visit! But I'll give the poopy ones to my daughter, son-in-law or wife, whoever is closest =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 17th, 2009, 11:19 pm

Love, Ima
3 children

cloth diapers AND

disposable diapers

Believe me, there were hundreds or even thousands of 'em :roll: :((

and I have been peed AND pooped on MANY a time...

Thankfully, they take care of themselves now at the ages of 26,24 and 20. (most of the time...)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 18th, 2009, 1:21 am

Love, Ima

Done it hundreds of times. No biggie.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 18th, 2009, 1:23 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:But I'll give the poopy ones to my daughter, son-in-law or wife, whoever is closest

I call BS on that. I'm betting I'll be able to see you beaming with pride all the way up here in the Great White North and that you'll be the type of Grandpa who won't hand the little one off for any reason - poopy diapers included!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 18th, 2009, 1:29 am

As for my 'softer' skills: I can cook and am rather good at it. I bake (from scratch). I sew. I do the dishes almost every night but that is mostly because my dipshit of a roommate doesn't** and my dishes and pots are kind of expensive so I am rather particular about them. That's another part of my soft side - I almost always browse for kitchenware (dishes and pots) when shopping. I don't need new stuff, I just like to look.

**We were watching TV recently when an ad came on for some new dishwasher soap. During the commercial I remarked that we need a dishwasher in our house and, without missing a beat, he turned to me and said "I don't, I've already got one!" Dickhead.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 18th, 2009, 6:12 am

devildeac wrote:"I cut down trees, I wear high heels, suspenders and a bra..." :oops: :roll: :)) =))
And you complained about being called the "queen" of the post whores? ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 18th, 2009, 6:16 am

Love, Ima
For my three kids, I would say I've changed approximately 80% of the diapers, give or take about 5%. And my sons refused to potty train until they were four, despite our best efforts. So, that's eight combined YEARS of changing diapers, PLUS whatever Katie decides to dish out. God I hope she's an early trainer to make up for them.
colchar wrote:As for my 'softer' skills: I can cook and am rather good at it. I bake (from scratch). I sew. I do the dishes almost every night but that is mostly because my dipshit of a roommate doesn't** and my dishes and pots are kind of expensive so I am rather particular about them. That's another part of my soft side - I almost always browse for kitchenware (dishes and pots) when shopping. I don't need new stuff, I just like to look.
Oh, how could I forget baking and cooking? I do the vast majority of that in our family. And I do 99% of the dishes.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 18th, 2009, 6:19 am

Lavabe wrote:
Paging bjornolf!!

Ask and ye shall receive.

Although his description reminded me more of a lumberjill. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 18th, 2009, 6:24 am

bjornolf wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
Paging bjornolf!!

Ask and ye shall receive.

Although his description reminded me more of a lumberjill. ;)

%%-
Umm... the Monty Python Scene to which he refers involved singing Canadian Mounties. But DAYUMM!!! You've got talent!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 18th, 2009, 7:15 am

Hey, Colchar, how did that guy on the message board I found that on get a picture of your ex? ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » August 18th, 2009, 8:35 am

colchar wrote:As for my 'softer' skills: I can cook and am rather good at it. I bake (from scratch). I sew. I do the dishes almost every night but that is mostly because my dipshit of a roommate doesn't** and my dishes and pots are kind of expensive so I am rather particular about them. That's another part of my soft side - I almost always browse for kitchenware (dishes and pots) when shopping. I don't need new stuff, I just like to look.

**We were watching TV recently when an ad came on for some new dishwasher soap. During the commercial I remarked that we need a dishwasher in our house and, without missing a beat, he turned to me and said "I don't, I've already got one!" Dickhead.
I had a roommate like this when I was in college. Except he took it a step further; he liked to leave half-consumed bowls of food on the coffee table, which I found to be deplorable. I gave him a few good warnings and then took my revenge. When he came home from work, around 2:00 Am he jumped into bed not noticing the half-eaten bowl of ramen noodles. Mmmm squishy, cold noodles between your toes.
sMiles
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 18th, 2009, 9:34 am

Miles wrote:

I had a roommate like this when I was in college. Except he took it a step further; he liked to leave half-consumed bowls of food on the coffee table, which I found to be deplorable. I gave him a few good warnings and then took my revenge. When he came home from work, around 2:00 Am he jumped into bed not noticing the half-eaten bowl of ramen noodles. Mmmm squishy, cold noodles between your toes.
Cooking wasn't an eligible gender specific trait according to our former mod the :ar! However, I love the stories! "Hey dickhead", I could have used you last night and I'm soo thankful that I didn't make ramen noodles!!!! My beef stroganoff and noodles left over is just enough for lunch today and it is sitting in the fridge! :)) ^:)^ ^:)^ :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 18th, 2009, 12:01 pm

bjornolf wrote:

%%-
Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zey8567bcg
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 18th, 2009, 12:20 pm

devildeac wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

%%-
I'm a big Monty Python fan, DD. I knew where it came from. I just CHOSE to take it out of context. It's even funnier that way. ;)

Speaking of which, I'm a big fan of Ray Stevens, too, and every time I think of Wilson the :ar! , I can't help but think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdMdZ-6NFzA

Unfortunately, I couldn't find an actual Ray Stevens video of it, though.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 18th, 2009, 12:35 pm

bjornolf wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
devildeac wrote:

%%-
I'm a big Monty Python fan, DD. I knew where it came from. I just CHOSE to take it out of context. It's even funnier that way. ;)

Speaking of which, I'm a big fan of Ray Stevens, too, and every time I think of Wilson the :ar! , I can't help but think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdMdZ-6NFzA

Unfortunately, I couldn't find an actual Ray Stevens video of it, though.

%%-
I figgered you knew its origin but I wanted to be sure other folks wouldn't miss the reference either.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 18th, 2009, 2:26 pm

devildeac wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
bjornolf wrote:"quote="devildeac""

%%-"/quote"

...I just CHOSE to take it out of context. It's even funnier that way. ;)

%%-
I figgered you knew its origin but I wanted to be sure other folks wouldn't miss the reference either.
Excellent job! I too chose to take it out of context!!!! Way to go!!! =)) =)) =))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 18th, 2009, 2:28 pm

cl15876 wrote:
Miles wrote:

Cooking wasn't an eligible gender specific trait according to our former mod the :ar! However, I love the stories! "Hey dickhead", I could have used you last night and I'm soo thankful that I didn't make ramen noodles!!!! My beef stroganoff and noodles left over is just enough for lunch today and it is sitting in the fridge! :)) ^:)^ ^:)^ :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Now ALL GONE and dishes washed! Colchar - I missed you!!!!