Moral Support Needed

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: Moral Support Needed

Post by DukieInKansas » August 15th, 2009, 10:41 am

Congratulations on completing day 3. Good luck on day 4. I'll be vibing for you here in NY.

If you want a reminder of why you are doing this, wash one of the walls in your house. That brownish color that you will see on your rag is what you are currently working on getting out of your lungs. You don't realize it is there until it is washed off - as discovered in cleaning things in my parent's house.

Keep up the good work. I know you can do it.
Life is good!
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » August 15th, 2009, 10:50 pm

Just bringing this back to Page 1, to wish continued "yay for health" vibes to you, Windsor!

Hope you're making through the weekend, one day at a time.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 15th, 2009, 10:52 pm

Ditto to weekend vibes, they are tough with less work to keep you occupied. Congrats on being so strong, we got your back!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 16th, 2009, 10:59 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Ditto to weekend vibes, they are tough with less work to keep you occupied. Congrats on being so strong, we got your back!
Hope the weekend went relatively crave free. Keep up the good job as the work week starts.
Life is good!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 11:41 pm

Miles wrote:
windsor wrote:
Miles wrote:So what are you going to do with the money you saved from buying a pack of smokes today? How many packs a day/week were you smoking? Add it up, and at the end of the first month go buy something for yourself.
:ymhug:
I hadn't thought about it - but that is a great idea. Cigarettes here went up 7/1 with an additional $1 a pack - I stocked up on cartons before then and haven't needed to buy them since. I smoked about a carton a week - which works out to a little over a pack a day. I hear a carton is around $50 so that's $200 a month easy. I'll think I'll start trying to figure out what I want.... :-? :-?
Momma needs a brand new dress! :-D Or whatever will make you happy. $200 a month is fantastic. Might be a good reminder to quit when you remember you're saving about $2,500 a year. WOO HOO!
Miles - Is Kell telling you that she wants a $2,500 dress? hmmmm.... where the heck are you taking her? if you like my drinks.... well, I'm just saying..... :D ..... LOL don't get ANY ideas!!! I think YOU and I might have some contention!!!! :D ;)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 11:49 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:.... I was once waiting at a stop light and the person in front of me dropped their finished burning butt out the window. I got out of my car, picked it up and flicked it back into their car and said "the road is NOT your ashtray". The look of surprise on his face was amazing, and then he scrambled to find the still burning butt in the car before it burned a hole in the seat or carpet. Priceless! And he didn't pull out a gun and shoot me, although if he had one I think he would have... so I don't recommend this tactic to others.
Oz - I can TOTALLY SEE YOU doing this.... I would have more grey's now than I already do if we hung together when you were a youngster, OMG!!! Kind of like that song from Toby Keith song, .... "AS GOOD AS I ONCE WAS....." =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 17th, 2009, 7:27 am

Has it been a whole week now? Way too much time and effort invested now for you to slip back. Hang tough. Breathe. From what I've been able to tell about you you're way too terrific a person to smoke. (*)
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 17th, 2009, 7:38 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Congratulations on completing day 3. Good luck on day 4. I'll be vibing for you here in NY.

If you want a reminder of why you are doing this, wash one of the walls in your house. That brownish color that you will see on your rag is what you are currently working on getting out of your lungs. You don't realize it is there until it is washed off - as discovered in cleaning things in my parent's house.

Keep up the good work. I know you can do it.
More vibes and an emphasis on what DinK said. My sister and brother-in-law bought a house from a smoker. She sprayed the fridge with 409 and the liquid running down the side immediately turned brown. It took several cleanings to get it off. As for the walls, they had to strip all the wallpaper (duh) and also paint over everything with Kilz. Another suggestion: have your ductwork cleaned.

Back to your regularly scheduled vibing.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 17th, 2009, 8:03 am

Thanks for the continued vibes - still hanging in...weekend went OK - by dumb luck it was a very busy weekend - so I was running most of the time. Definitely the hardest times are with coffee in the morning (tried to switching to tea, and while I like tea in the morning I want coffee, black...not Earl Gray hot. ;) and when I am sitting on the sofa watching TV. Driving is getting easier. Back and work and closing in on the one week mark!

I'm thinking of hiring someone to come in and clean the house top to bottom (what my grandmother would have called 'heavy cleaning') Now there is a good use for the $$ I'm saving! Didn't think about the duct work but I should have that done too.

I have to say I would highly recommend Chantix to anyone trying to quit - having tried before using nictotine replacement this is much easier.
Better living through pharmaceuticals!!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 17th, 2009, 8:36 am

windsor wrote:Thanks for the continued vibes - still hanging in...weekend went OK - by dumb luck it was a very busy weekend - so I was running most of the time. Definitely the hardest times are with coffee in the morning (tried to switching to tea, and while I like tea in the morning I want coffee, black...not Earl Gray hot. ;) and when I am sitting on the sofa watching TV. Driving is getting easier. Back and work and closing in on the one week mark!

I'm thinking of hiring someone to come in and clean the house top to bottom (what my grandmother would have called 'heavy cleaning') Now there is a good use for the $$ I'm saving! Didn't think about the duct work but I should have that done too.

I have to say I would highly recommend Chantix to anyone trying to quit - having tried before using nictotine replacement this is much easier.
I love the idea of hiring someone to come in a clean your house, top to bottom.

Am sending vibes for a good day 6.

Go Windsor!
Go Windsor!
I worship the Blue Devil!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 17th, 2009, 8:41 am

I'm thinking of you today, Windsor! You can do it!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 17th, 2009, 8:47 am

Having your ducts cleaned is a great idea! They probably need it anyway. But while you're waiting to have that done, change the filters immediately! All you AC is going through all the smoke they've collected since they were last changed.

Continued smoke free and storm free vibes to Hurricane Alley! :-bd :-bd :-bd
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 17th, 2009, 7:51 pm

Vibes are still coming! I heartily endorse the idea of paying someone to clean your house. Molly Maid (and similar companies) actually have a pair of people come to clean, I think. They might send more if needed. Beats the heck out of doing it yourself. Also, I think Ozzie's idea of changing the filter is a good one. Spring for a Filtrete or something similar. This reminds me that I should look into changing the filter on my AC!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
weezie
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by weezie » August 17th, 2009, 8:13 pm

Go, go go!!! And keep going...then go out and buy yourself a nice treat, like a new sweater for fall or some cool shoes. Keep up the fight!!!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 17th, 2009, 8:30 pm

Changed the air filters...Will worry about the ducts a little later....my washer and dryer are going to fall apart from over use as I am washing everything that can be washed.

It is getting easier...hoping that when something really stressful happens (and it will...because life is, well, life) I come up with a better way to deal with it than chain smoking!

I can't sit around without wanting a cigarette - so I'm trying to keep busy...that works pretty well...and Jolly Ranchers are a wonderful wonderful thing (I will have great lungs and rotten teeth...oh well)

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: to everyone offering their support...you have no idea how much it helps!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 17th, 2009, 8:39 pm

windsor wrote:Changed the air filters...Will worry about the ducts a little later....my washer and dryer are going to fall apart from over use as I am washing everything that can be washed.

It is getting easier...hoping that when something really stressful happens (and it will...because life is, well, life) I come up with a better way to deal with it than chain smoking!

I can't sit around without wanting a cigarette - so I'm trying to keep busy...that works pretty well...and Jolly Ranchers are a wonderful wonderful thing (I will have great lungs and rotten teeth...oh well)

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: to everyone offering their support...you have no idea how much it helps!
I'm supporting you also!!! Although, damn it, I missed the hugs coming late to the cheering section!!!! Ya know, rotten teeth have an advantage .... :-? :-s
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 17th, 2009, 8:41 pm

No more threat of root canals!!!!!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 17th, 2009, 9:48 pm

windsor wrote: I have to say I would highly recommend Chantix to anyone trying to quit - having tried before using nictotine replacement this is much easier.
Since you have gone a few days without smoking, I say get off everything. Bite the bullet, I guarantee you 2 days from now you will be home free, the worst will have passed. But even if you do stick with your plan, big fat congrats! I bet Windsor'sDaughter is proud of you, just like the rest of us.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 17th, 2009, 10:55 pm

windsor wrote:Changed the air filters...Will worry about the ducts a little later....my washer and dryer are going to fall apart from over use as I am washing everything that can be washed.

Sounds like you have already come up with a substitute - laundry!

Keep up the good work! Vibes continue your direction.
Life is good!
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » August 17th, 2009, 11:04 pm

Just keep going.... a step at a time. You'll be free before you know it! The idea of having someone thoroughly clean the house is a great one for many reasons..... it's a treat you've earned. It's easier to keep going when your surroundings are free of the smell of smoke.