Full Time Student at PWing school

Re: The Political Junkie Thread

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » August 9th, 2022, 11:27 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
August 9th, 2022, 9:48 am
August 9th, 2022, 9:46 am
While nobody knows what specifically is being sought without seeing the warrant, here's some possible insight from a former Trump insider.
I will say right now, the former president of the United States did not handle classified documents properly. I watched him do it. I sat in an airplane with him. I watched him go through documents, throw some away, rip some up, and put some in his pocket...because I remember specifically thinking, I wonder why those go in his pocket?
I think that something big is there. I don't think it's going to be just letters. I think it could be about military operations. This is me speculating, I want to be clear. but I can see the former president thinking those were cool or fun.
------Former Trump White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 8252e1dbea
I admit to snickering a little at the thought of Trump's hoarding pack-rat inclinations leading to his downfall.
It doesn't take too much of an imagination and too much knowledge of Trump to picture him calling various international shady characters and saying in a relatively non-incriminating way that he might have information that would be valuable to them and if they made it worth his while he might be willing to make it available. He could then send one of the three stooges (Jared, Donald Jr. or Eric) to try to move the deal forward so that worst case if it blows up he could claim plausible deniability and throw them under the bus.

It is all like a scene out of a bad movie except we are living it.
dudog

Post by dudog » August 9th, 2022, 1:09 pm

Palm Beach County State Attorney: "I think part of the urgency here is that Trump has very poor counterintelligence hygiene"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz

Ewww.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » August 9th, 2022, 4:31 pm

I love this judge running the case against Trump in GA - he isn't putting up with any BS. Giuliani said he recently had a medical procedure so isn't allowed to fly to Atlanta to appear in court. The judge's response:

"John Madden drove all over the country in his big bus from stadium to stadium," McBurney said, referring to the football legend who famously avoided air travel. "So one thing we need to explore is whether Mr. Giuliani could get here without jeopardizing his recovery and his health, on train or a bus or Uber, whatever it would be."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/judge-orde ... -bus-uber/

I love this one as well (in the NY Times article which I won't link since it is paywalled)

Judge McBurney said Mr. Giuliani had plenty of time to get from New York to Atlanta, suggesting that he could break up a 13-hour road trip into segments. “Maybe he goes down to Washington, as the first part, and reconnects with people there, and then travels another few hours.”
dudog

Post by dudog » August 9th, 2022, 5:14 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
August 9th, 2022, 4:31 pm
I love this judge running the case against Trump in GA - he isn't putting up with any BS. Giuliani said he recently had a medical procedure so isn't allowed to fly to Atlanta to appear in court. The judge's response:

"John Madden drove all over the country in his big bus from stadium to stadium," McBurney said, referring to the football legend who famously avoided air travel. "So one thing we need to explore is whether Mr. Giuliani could get here without jeopardizing his recovery and his health, on train or a bus or Uber, whatever it would be."

I love this one as well (in the NY Times article which I won't link since it is paywalled)

Judge McBurney said Mr. Giuliani had plenty of time to get from New York to Atlanta, suggesting that he could break up a 13-hour road trip into segments. “Maybe he goes down to Washington, as the first part, and reconnects with people there, and then travels another few hours.”
Any of us spewing this nonsense would have a U.S. Marshal showing up at our door.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 9th, 2022, 5:46 pm

dudog wrote:
August 9th, 2022, 5:14 pm
Any of us spewing this nonsense would have a U.S. Marshal showing up at our door.
I've lost track of the number of Trump cronies that come down with court induced ailments.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 9th, 2022, 5:52 pm

I wish I could be a fly on the wall during any of GOP leadership's private lunches and dinners. While for the cameras they are screaming Witch Hunt! and how the DOJ and FBI are all crooked, behind closed doors I've got a sneaking suspicion that their replies are more along the lines of "That guy's fucked". They all know the elaborate thought process and legal concerns that went into the warrant, they all know themselves that it's legit.
But it would be suicide to say so in public.
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » August 9th, 2022, 9:37 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
August 9th, 2022, 4:31 pm

I may have posted this before, but Judge McBurney is no yokel. Harvard undergrad and JD; former AUSA.

https://www.fultoncourt.org/judges/viewjudge.php?id=33
OPK

Post by OPK » August 10th, 2022, 7:53 am

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 10th, 2022, 9:29 am

OPK wrote:
August 10th, 2022, 7:53 am
Judge McBurney:

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1 ... eiZNajM9Ww
The The Guiliani Jalopy comment is great. =))
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 10th, 2022, 9:32 pm

Trump has proven that the FBI found something that will get him arrested. Know how I know?

Because he's said the FBI has planted evidence. You don't pre-emptively say that evidence has been planted ahead of being arrested unless you know they likely found something that will put you in jail.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » August 10th, 2022, 9:36 pm

August 10th, 2022, 9:32 pm
Trump has proven that the FBI found something that will get him arrested. Know how I know?

Because he's said the FBI has planted evidence. You don't pre-emptively say that evidence has been planted ahead of being arrested unless you know they likely found something that will put you in jail.
But of course, who will all of his patriotic followers believe? Because Donald tells no lies!

I really wish I could see what his total annual legal bills are. Talk about HUGE. And hopefully the lawyers are smart enough to get paid in advance. I guess there is a bizarro corner of the world where saying that you did legal work for Trump is a really good thing and will help you get more business.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 10th, 2022, 10:24 pm

I just returned from the heart of Trumplandia. It’s truly frustrating and horrifying to listen to my dad and brother. Biden and the Democrats are to blame for everything. Fox News always blaring, spewing all sorts of vitriol. I cannot be in the same room with Dad when he watches it.

One small glimmer of hope. My older sister figured out TODAY :twitch: that Trump illegally took 30+ boxes of confidential documents to Mar-a-Lago. She’s one who thinks the Jan 6 trial is a waste of money, so I’m pretty sure she thought the FBI raid was all political, too. I’m hoping this discovery is the first step in her realizing that the former president is a grifter. If anyone can convince Dad, it’s her. She voted for Trump twice, much to her kids’ frustration.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Furniture
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Furniture » August 11th, 2022, 11:36 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
August 10th, 2022, 10:24 pm
I just returned from the heart of Trumplandia. It’s truly frustrating and horrifying to listen to my dad and brother. Biden and the Democrats are to blame for everything. Fox News always blaring, spewing all sorts of vitriol. I cannot be in the same room with Dad when he watches it.

One small glimmer of hope. My older sister figured out TODAY :twitch: that Trump illegally took 30+ boxes of confidential documents to Mar-a-Lago. She’s one who thinks the Jan 6 trial is a waste of money, so I’m pretty sure she thought the FBI raid was all political, too. I’m hoping this discovery is the first step in her realizing that the former president is a grifter. If anyone can convince Dad, it’s her. She voted for Trump twice, much to her kids’ frustration.
Children are the hope of the future!
If anyone ever tells you they are a stable genius. Get the hell out of there.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 11th, 2022, 4:21 pm

And with the beautiful search warrant bounce pass from Garland, the ball is now in Trump's court.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » August 11th, 2022, 4:47 pm

OPK

Post by OPK » August 11th, 2022, 6:07 pm

Furniture wrote:
August 11th, 2022, 4:47 pm
Could they be losing Fox?

https://mobile.twitter.com/RpsAgainstTr ... 9826596865
The Murdochs know that Trump is toast, and are ready to move on to Ron DeSantis.
OPK

Post by OPK » August 11th, 2022, 6:26 pm

And then there’s The Five on Fox this evening:

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1557839 ... FQwlTt7M0w
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 11th, 2022, 6:39 pm

OPK wrote:
August 11th, 2022, 6:26 pm
And then there’s The Five on Fox this evening:

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1557839 ... FQwlTt7M0w
Jeanine Pirro is insufferable. She immediately swings to "It's up the court to unseal it, not Trump". Maddening. Just like for anyone else in Trump's universe, the facts in front of your face are not the actual facts.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 11th, 2022, 6:44 pm

Today a MAGA cultist who had been at the Capitol on 1/6 decided he'd take it upon himself to stand up to the corrupt FBI by trying to enter the Cincinnati field office.

He's dead now. Not as good of a start to the civil war as he was hoping for, I'm guessing.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » August 11th, 2022, 10:14 pm

This thing is going nuclear…

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 43554.html

As George Conway tweets : “Let’s say you had an outgoing National Security Advisor...who took these very boxes of materials home with them on Jan. 20th, 2021...if they jerked around the government and refused to turn the materials back over I can’t imagine there wouldn’t be charges brought"