Boom goes the dynamite .
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: The Political Junkie Thread

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 8th, 2022, 9:06 pm

OPK wrote:
August 8th, 2022, 8:09 pm
Boom goes the dynamite .
There isn't enough popcorn in my pantry right now!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CrazyNotCrazie
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » August 8th, 2022, 9:28 pm

OPK wrote:
August 8th, 2022, 8:09 pm
Boom goes the dynamite .
I would normally be amazed that he would be dumb enough to have something incriminating just sitting around 1.5 years after leaving office, but then again, though in certain ways he is absolutely brilliant, in some ways he is a truly clueless moron.

Meanwhile, the whole time he was likely thinking "those idiots could have gotten incredible ratings if they had thought to broadcast this on TV!"

If this is what brings him down, then I am all for it.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 8th, 2022, 9:32 pm

I just heard a good point from one of the many pundits that will be chiming in. Regardless of what is found tonight, this proves that Merrick Garland does not care (enough) that Trump is a former POTUS. As he has stated, nobody is above the law, and he's now backing up those words.
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » August 8th, 2022, 10:27 pm

Important point:

A penalty for violating the document law, in addition to potential fines and jail time, is being barred from federal office.

But I caution — there is a ton of speculation about what may have been found. We do not know. This could be a major fuck-up if there is nothing found.

Not getting over my skis yet. I recommend caution until more details are known. $.02
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 8th, 2022, 10:33 pm

OPK wrote:
August 8th, 2022, 10:27 pm
Important point:

A penalty for violating the document law, in addition to potential fines and jail time, is being barred from federal office.

But I caution — there is a ton of speculation about what may have been found. We do not know. This could be a major fuck-up if there is nothing found.

Not getting over my skis yet. I recommend caution until more details are known. $.02
Yup. Of course DJT will be screaming "There's nothing THERE!" before we wake up tomorrow, but in actuality we aren't likely to know if they found anything until a charge is brought, and we have no idea how soon or distant that time may be.
(If they do find him in possession of classified docs, I am certain they will be bring charges. They aren't doing just a search to look cool on TV.)
OPK

Post by OPK » August 8th, 2022, 10:43 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
August 8th, 2022, 10:33 pm

Yup. Of course DJT will be screaming "There's nothing THERE!" before we wake up tomorrow, but in actuality we aren't likely to know if they found anything until a charge is brought, and we have no idea how soon or distant that time may be.
(If they do find him in possession of classified docs, I am certain they will be bring charges. They aren't doing just a search to look cool on TV.)
1. DJT is already fundraising off it, seriously. (Okay, not a surprise). https://twitter.com/maggienyt/status/15 ... i57feT6OCw

2. This kind of no-knock raid only comes when you’re about ready to bring charges, or you’re worried about evidence destruction. And shit, it’s been over a year since the story about taking confidential documents were taken. So they are either close to indictment, or they are seriously negligent. Not taking bets either way tbh. Would like to think the former, still think it is the latter in part even if so. No reason to let this hang out for over a year.
Last edited by OPK on August 8th, 2022, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 8th, 2022, 10:48 pm

OPK wrote:
August 8th, 2022, 10:43 pm

1. DJT is already fundraising off it, seriously. (Okay, not a surprise).
Do his followers have an auto pay option like we do with bills? So they can contribute to the Crime Of The Week Defense Fund without having to be continuously asked?
OPK

Post by OPK » August 8th, 2022, 10:50 pm

August 8th, 2022, 10:48 pm
OPK wrote:

1. DJT is already fundraising off it, seriously. (Okay, not a surprise).
Do his followers have an auto pay option like we do with bills? So they can contribute to the Crime Of The Week Defense Fund without having to be continuously asked?
There was some dust-up about that with his “overturn the steal” fund which never existed, because folks signed up for one-time donations but were unknowingly signed up for monthly donations.

I know you’re shocked.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » August 8th, 2022, 10:56 pm

OPK wrote:
August 8th, 2022, 10:33 pm

1. DJT is already fundraising off it, seriously. (Okay, not a surprise). https://twitter.com/maggienyt/status/15 ... i57feT6OCw

2. This kind of no-knock raid only comes when you’re about ready to bring charges, or you’re worried about evidence destruction. And shit, it’s been over a year since the story about taking confidential documents were taken. So they are either close to indictment, or they are seriously negligent. Not taking bets either way tbh. Would like to think the former, still think it is the latter in part even if so. No reason to let this hang out for over a year.
One of my few Trump supporting acquaintances is already claiming on Facebook that this is the end of Democracy. I think that actually happened when Trump was elected. The blind faith in this fraud never ceases to amaze me.

One of Trump's people is claiming that Trump had already declassified everything. I'm not sure how much authority he had to do that.

I am really hoping they did not go in there and find a safe full of Trump Ice. Apparently Trump is at his place in NJ.
dudog

Post by dudog » August 8th, 2022, 11:00 pm

OPK wrote:
Important point:

I really don't see how they can do this if they didn't know FOR SURE what they were going to find. There's somebody on the inside. I heard (by pundit) that they let the Secret Service know they were coming, so any toadies could have gotten rid of stuff. So with Trump and his tightest cronies out of town, this was the time to hit.

Word is (from Trump himself) that they cracked his safe.

Finally, they had to get a judge to agree to the warrant (OPK, I know you know this), which is a pretty steep hill to serve on an ex-POTUS.
Furniture
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Furniture » August 8th, 2022, 11:10 pm

BF31A7E0-FCDA-400C-9213-1D3EAAB8336A.jpeg
B541B6E3-B978-4A0E-9F98-971DD5C79043.jpeg
If anyone ever tells you they are a stable genius. Get the hell out of there.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » August 8th, 2022, 11:12 pm

BAB995B4-4B20-4B9A-89AB-A811A922BE03.jpeg
dudog wrote:
August 8th, 2022, 11:00 pm
OPK wrote:
Important point:

I really don't see how they can do this if they didn't know FOR SURE what they were going to find. There's somebody on the inside. I heard (by pundit) that they let the Secret Service know they were coming, so any toadies could have gotten rid of stuff. So with Trump and his tightest cronies out of town, this was the time to hit.

Word is (from Trump himself) that they cracked his safe.

Finally, they had to get a judge to agree to the warrant (OPK, I know you know this), which is a pretty steep hill to serve on an ex-POTUS.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 9th, 2022, 7:18 am

Trump used some pretty inflammatory language when talking about the FBI visit. Allegedly, Mar-a-Lago was under siege and overrun by the FBI. It’s almost like he has experience inciting a riot.

Predictably, Retrumplicans are calling this an unwarranted political attack and are promising to investigate Garland and the justice department if they regain control of the House. Please let something big happen soon with regard to a criminal indictment. Otherwise, his cult members could make Jan 6 look like a picnic. Also, I don’t ask for much, but I’d really like to see a resounding defeat for the red party in November.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OPK

Post by OPK » August 9th, 2022, 7:39 am

Upon further reading, I want to amend a prior statement. The law does call for the loss of right to run for federal office if convicted, but there is a pretty good argument that any application of that to the Presidency or Congress would be unconstitutional. The Constitution sets the qualifications and mere statute cannot change it.

At least, that’s the argument.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » August 9th, 2022, 7:44 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
August 9th, 2022, 7:18 am
Trump used some pretty inflammatory language when talking about the FBI visit. Allegedly, Mar-a-Lago was under siege and overrun by the FBI. It’s almost like he has experience inciting a riot.

Predictably, Retrumplicans are calling this an unwarranted political attack and are promising to investigate Garland and the justice department if they regain control of the House. Please let something big happen soon with regard to a criminal indictment. Otherwise, his cult members could make Jan 6 look like a picnic. Also, I don’t ask for much, but I’d really like to see a resounding defeat for the red party in November.
Kenneth McCarthy is throwing gas onto the fire too.

“I’ve seen enough. The Department of Justice has reached an intolerable state of weaponized politicization,” McCarthy said. “When Republicans take back the House, we will conduct immediate oversight of this department, follow the facts, and leave no stone unturned.”

“Attorney General Garland, preserve your documents and clear your calendar,” McCarthy said.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » August 9th, 2022, 9:05 am

Furniture wrote:
August 9th, 2022, 7:44 am
ArkieDukie wrote:
August 9th, 2022, 7:18 am

Kenneth McCarthy is throwing gas onto the fire too.

“I’ve seen enough. The Department of Justice has reached an intolerable state of weaponized politicization,” McCarthy said. “When Republicans take back the House, we will conduct immediate oversight of this department, follow the facts, and leave no stone unturned.”

“Attorney General Garland, preserve your documents and clear your calendar,” McCarthy said.
I really want to take the kindergarten approach and shout out "But you started it!" If/when the Republicans take the House, we are going to have non-stop witch hunts and literally no efforts towards policy except perhaps trying to take away some social programs. Yeah, America!

I am a broken record but I do not understand why they so blindly stand behind this clown. Admit he is a narcissistic psychotic loser and hitch your wagons to someone else.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 9th, 2022, 9:08 am

OPK wrote:
August 9th, 2022, 7:39 am
Upon further reading, I want to amend a prior statement. The law does call for the loss of right to run for federal office if convicted, but there is a pretty good argument that any application of that to the Presidency or Congress would be unconstitutional. The Constitution sets the qualifications and mere statute cannot change it.

At least, that’s the argument.
While right now, I'm sure, all of the future POTUS candidates are saying this is terrible, I've got no doubt that they'll about face and use it against the man they have to get past if they want to be the nominee. While he's still very high on the political mountain, each of these raids against those in his inner circle, and now finally against him, are chipping away at the ledge that he's standing on.

Whether he can or can't hold office might be a moot point in the long run.

Per AD's worry about what may happen unless an indictment is quickly forthcoming, I too share in that. I expect that we are in for a couple of weeks where the GOP and Trump's followers are stoking fires as quickly and as big as they can. I don't think it's a strategy that will pay off for them in the end, but the immediate affects aren't something that I'm looking forward to.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 9th, 2022, 9:46 am

While nobody knows what specifically is being sought without seeing the warrant, here's some possible insight from a former Trump insider.
I will say right now, the former president of the United States did not handle classified documents properly. I watched him do it. I sat in an airplane with him. I watched him go through documents, throw some away, rip some up, and put some in his pocket...because I remember specifically thinking, I wonder why those go in his pocket?
I think that something big is there. I don't think it's going to be just letters. I think it could be about military operations. This is me speculating, I want to be clear. but I can see the former president thinking those were cool or fun.
------Former Trump White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 8252e1dbea
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 9th, 2022, 9:48 am

August 9th, 2022, 9:46 am
While nobody knows what specifically is being sought without seeing the warrant, here's some possible insight from a former Trump insider.
I will say right now, the former president of the United States did not handle classified documents properly. I watched him do it. I sat in an airplane with him. I watched him go through documents, throw some away, rip some up, and put some in his pocket...because I remember specifically thinking, I wonder why those go in his pocket?
I think that something big is there. I don't think it's going to be just letters. I think it could be about military operations. This is me speculating, I want to be clear. but I can see the former president thinking those were cool or fun.
------Former Trump White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 8252e1dbea
I admit to snickering a little at the thought of Trump's hoarding pack-rat inclinations leading to his downfall.