Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Furniture
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: Trump Vs Biden --- The Election Thread

Post by Furniture » December 31st, 2020, 7:13 pm

1273E06E-B060-428E-AA9C-8F16C4E08751.jpeg
Can you believe this was flying around Miami today?
If anyone ever tells you they are a stable genius. Get the hell out of there.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » December 31st, 2020, 7:33 pm

Furniture wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 7:13 pm

I thought they only used boats...
CrazyNotCrazie
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » December 31st, 2020, 8:37 pm

Furniture wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 7:13 pm

In honor of the holiday season, you know what they told Ralphie in A Christmas Story about his gun...
dudog

Post by dudog » January 1st, 2021, 8:25 am

Not much new here, but I'm linking this piece for the following quote:

“If courage is contagious, so is cowardice. No one would speak out so no one else would speak out.”

Sound much like 1930's Germany?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz
Furniture

Post by Furniture » January 1st, 2021, 5:33 pm

dudog wrote:
January 1st, 2021, 8:25 am
Not much new here, but I'm linking this piece for the following quote:

“If courage is contagious, so is cowardice. No one would speak out so no one else would speak out.”

Sound much like 1930's Germany?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz
Definitely.

On another note there are just 18 days of that asshole in our house! I wonder what is in store for us in these 18 days? Who gets a pardon and when will they be given out? Will he pardon himself or his family members on the last day?
Furniture

Post by Furniture » January 2nd, 2021, 7:33 pm

tRump is still going hard on Twitter about the election.

Meanwhile Romney has released a statement.

https://www.romney.senate.gov/romney-st ... on-results

Romney Statement On Certification of Presidential Election Results
Sunday, January 3, 2021
Romney Statement On Certification of Presidential Election Results

SALT LAKE CITY– U.S. Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT) released the following statement in response to an announcement that several Republican senators plan to oppose certification of the presidential election results:

“The egregious ploy to reject electors may enhance the political ambition of some, but dangerously threatens our Democratic Republic. The congressional power to reject electors is reserved for the most extreme and unusual circumstances. These are far from it. More Americans participated in this election than ever before, and they made their choice. President Trump’s lawyers made their case before scores of courts; in every instance, they failed. The Justice Department found no evidence of irregularity sufficient to overturn the election. The Presidential Voter Fraud Commission disbanded without finding such evidence.

“My fellow Senator Ted Cruz and the co-signers of his statement argue that rejection of electors or an election audit directed by Congress would restore trust in the election. Nonsense. This argument ignores the widely perceived reality that Congress is an overwhelmingly partisan body; the American people wisely place greater trust in the federal courts where judges serve for life. Members of Congress who would substitute their own partisan judgement for that of the courts do not enhance public trust, they imperil it.

“Were Congress to actually reject state electors, partisans would inevitably demand the same any time their candidate had lost. Congress, not voters in the respective states, would choose our presidents.

“Adding to this ill-conceived endeavor by some in Congress is the President’s call for his supporters to come to the Capitol on the day when this matter is to be debated and decided. This has the predictable potential to lead to disruption, and worse.

“I could never have imagined seeing these things in the greatest democracy in the world. Has ambition so eclipsed principle?”
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 2nd, 2021, 8:59 pm

Almost a dozen Senators (as of now) have announced their intention to vote against the EC count.

That is beyond frightening. X(
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » January 2nd, 2021, 9:09 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 8:59 pm
Almost a dozen Senators (as of now) have announced their intention to vote against the EC count.

Theoretically they are arguing that they want further investigation, not that they are against it. Which of a crock of BS. There have been recounts (sometimes multiple) in most of the states in question. Judges have ruled on the procedural issues. And they have had two months to do an investigation. All this to support a president who has done absolutely nothing relating to his day job of being the president of the United States for the last two months, and wasn't doing much of it beforehand (which some might argue is actually a good thing).

I think they get two hours to speak. It will be fascinating/scary to hear what they say, and interesting to hear how the Democrats respond. If I were a Democrat, I would show up with my noise-cancelling headphones, set a stop watch for two hours, and just ignore them.

How does the police jurisdiction work in DC? There is a good chance there will be craziness going on. Whose job is it to deal with it, a DC police force that reports to the mayor who is a Democrat, or some federal police/military force that theoretically reports to the President? The whataboutisms of how they defend any rioting that goes on in contrast to what happened this summer will set new records for creativity.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » January 3rd, 2021, 12:50 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 9:09 pm
January 2nd, 2021, 8:59 pm

Theoretically they are arguing that they want further investigation, not that they are against it. Which of a crock of BS. There have been recounts (sometimes multiple) in most of the states in question. Judges have ruled on the procedural issues. And they have had two months to do an investigation. All this to support a president who has done absolutely nothing relating to his day job of being the president of the United States for the last two months, and wasn't doing much of it beforehand (which some might argue is actually a good thing).

I think they get two hours to speak. It will be fascinating/scary to hear what they say, and interesting to hear how the Democrats respond. If I were a Democrat, I would show up with my noise-cancelling headphones, set a stop watch for two hours, and just ignore them.

How does the police jurisdiction work in DC? There is a good chance there will be craziness going on. Whose job is it to deal with it, a DC police force that reports to the mayor who is a Democrat, or some federal police/military force that theoretically reports to the President? The whataboutisms of how they defend any rioting that goes on in contrast to what happened this summer will set new records for creativity.
Half of me wants them to riot and do all sort of outrageous shit just to inflict more shame on these fucking shameless instigators.
dudog

Post by dudog » January 3rd, 2021, 1:10 am

I find it is best to let Steve Schmidt do my talking for me. He's better at it. Please read this:

https://twitter.com/SteveSchmidtSES/sta ... 8772718593

Edit: This is the first comment on the twitter thread at the time of posting: "Yes, we have to be willing to look it straight in the eye and call it for what it is." But not OY, somebody might get their feelings hurt. Country be damned.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 3rd, 2021, 8:19 am

dudog wrote:
January 3rd, 2021, 1:10 am
I find it is best to let Steve Schmidt do my talking for me. He's better at it. Please read this:

Edit: This is the first comment on the twitter thread at the time of posting: "Yes, we have to be willing to look it straight in the eye and call it for what it is." But not OY, somebody might get their feelings hurt. Country be damned.
Lots of good comments there.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » January 3rd, 2021, 10:38 am

dudog wrote:

Thanks for sharing. That sums it up really well. I will be praying hard over the next few days that our country can survive this challenge. Perhaps someone should remind all of Trump's evangelical supporters of the commandments that there is only one God and you shall not create false idols, because in their blind faith towards dear leader, they are breaking these commandments that they allege to value so much.
dudog

Post by dudog » January 3rd, 2021, 10:40 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
January 3rd, 2021, 10:38 am
dudog wrote:

Thanks for sharing. That sums it up really well. I will be praying hard over the next few days that our country can survive this challenge. Perhaps someone should remind all of Trump's evangelical supporters of the commandments that there is only one God and you shall not create false idols, because in their blind faith towards dear leader, they are breaking these commandments that they allege to value so much.
My friend posted on facebook: "When somebody tells me they are a Christian, I ask...Classic Jesus, or Republican Jesus?"
dudog

Post by dudog » January 3rd, 2021, 10:53 am

More from Steve Schmidt. I would post this OY and gladly take the lifetime ban but it would not stay up, so what is the use? The only reason I seem obsessed with OY is that it sure seems to get more traffic, but maybe there are more lurkers here than I realize. Because people need to be aware of the danger we are facing. Even a basic reading of 1930's Germany will show the parallels. Trumpism is not going away, Hawley and Cruz (and others) have shown they clearly want this mantle and will do anything to obtain it and continue the destruction of our democracy. Though I kinda understand the decision OY to stick their head in the sand, this is not the time for people who want to associate themselves with a pillar of higher education and society to pretend they can't get involved. After all, they don't call themselves "Basketball Report".

https://twitter.com/SteveSchmidtSES/sta ... 3455559680

Again, please read the link.
dudog

Post by dudog » January 3rd, 2021, 11:18 am

On a bit of a roll this morning. But what is occurring, and will occur on January 6, is easily the most dangerous time in this country since the Civil War. This country was never going to be destroyed from without, its destruction could only ever come from within.

This eight and a half minutes is worth your time:

https://twitter.com/TheDemCoalition/sta ... 8646296578
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 3rd, 2021, 12:09 pm

dudog wrote:
January 3rd, 2021, 11:18 am
On a bit of a roll this morning. But what is occurring, and will occur on January 6, is easily the most dangerous time in this country since the Civil War. This country was never going to be destroyed from without, its destruction could only ever come from within.

Dreading the 6th. The Proud Boys say they are showing up, not in their known gold and black, but all black, so that they can "blend in" with ANTIFA. So even if the latter isn't even present, they take the brunt of the blame for any mayhem.
I'm expecting mayhem. X(
Furniture

Post by Furniture » January 3rd, 2021, 12:26 pm

January 3rd, 2021, 12:09 pm
dudog wrote:
January 3rd, 2021, 11:18 am

Dreading the 6th. The Proud Boys say they are showing up, not in their known gold and black, but all black, so that they can "blend in" with ANTIFA. So even if the latter isn't even present, they take the brunt of the blame for any mayhem.
I'm expecting mayhem. X(

I don’t expect anything will happen on the streets and democracy will prevail on the 6th. But Trump will never stop. Even after the 20th he will be tweeting that he is president and he will be influencing House and senate republicans. He will probably have the odd rally. I could easily see him meeting with Kim Jong-un.
dudog

Post by dudog » January 3rd, 2021, 1:09 pm

Probably pretty slim, eh? What are the chances Romney, in his disgust at the other R senators, says he is an independent and will caucus with the Ds? Maybe also a Collins, Murkowski, etc., but they make it clear that does not mean they will vote in lockstep with the Ds, and maybe push for a new majority leader (I'm not a Schumer fan). Despite the split in the GOP (and is it really a split if the traditional Rs only sit about and wring their hands?), I have doubts about the rise of a 3rd party. A group of 5 to 10 truly independent senators (include the likes of Manchin) would be the next best thing. Think of the power they could wield.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 3rd, 2021, 1:30 pm

Trump calls the GA secretary of state. This is how delusional he is; I'm halfway thinking he actually believes this himself.
At another point, Trump said: “So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have. Because we won the state.”

The rambling, at times incoherent conversation, offered a remarkable glimpse of how consumed and desperate the president remains about his loss, unwilling or unable to let the matter go and still believing he can reverse the results in enough battleground states to remain in office.

“There’s no way I lost Georgia,” Trump said, a phrase he repeated again and again on the call. “There’s no way. We won by hundreds of thousands of votes.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ugKIGArYig
dudog

Post by dudog » January 3rd, 2021, 3:47 pm

January 3rd, 2021, 1:30 pm
Trump calls the GA secretary of state. This is how delusional he is; I'm halfway thinking he actually believes this himself.
At another point, Trump said: “So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have. Because we won the state.”

The rambling, at times incoherent conversation, offered a remarkable glimpse of how consumed and desperate the president remains about his loss, unwilling or unable to let the matter go and still believing he can reverse the results in enough battleground states to remain in office.

“There’s no way I lost Georgia,” Trump said, a phrase he repeated again and again on the call. “There’s no way. We won by hundreds of thousands of votes.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ugKIGArYig
I'm frightened of prison too.