Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukePA » August 14th, 2009, 9:14 pm

wilson wrote:
Bostondevil wrote: Anybody else here ever been the only sober one in the room? It's happened to me more times than I can count.
Nope, never. Not once. :-??
Ezmarellda is never sober :ymdevil:
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » August 14th, 2009, 9:15 pm

I'm going to see District 9. Is it supposed to be good?
Class of 2014
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 14th, 2009, 9:17 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I was riding in the car with my two oldest a few years ago, Number 2 son Jack was probably 5. I asked them if they could think of anything they would like to change about me, their mother, before it was too late and their childhood was ruined. Andrew basically ignored me, he's always was a fast learner, but Jack said, "There is one thing. You should take us to play miniature golf more often." We haven't taken a vacation since that didn't include at least one round of mini-golf. And we have played every single course within 2 hours of our house. Whenever the kids get invited to a mini-golf birthday party, they usually dominate. Within the family it's a hard fought battle, well, except for me. I don't slack but I'm always the one carrying the score card and going last and I'm just not cutthroat about it.
That's a really cool story, Bostondevil. Does Jack remember telling you this? How old is he now?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 14th, 2009, 9:21 pm

I had to give my friend a damp scarf. I explained the problem but she is leaving Boston for good on Sunday and I'm leaving Boston for 5 days and there was no way to wait for it to dry so . . . damp scarf was handed over.

Wonder if I should tell you that the opera-singing scarf recipient is a Tarheel? She teased me, a lot, but she never actually watched any basketball games so it didn't bother me. And don't worry, I worked some Duke(ish) blue into the scarf.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » August 14th, 2009, 9:22 pm

Ok so I haven't checked this thread in several days, but there's no freaking way I'm reading the 40 pages I missed. And I'm sure I'll miss another 30-40 more. Oh well. Someone can catch me up later.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 14th, 2009, 9:22 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:I was riding in the car with my two oldest a few years ago, Number 2 son Jack was probably 5. I asked them if they could think of anything they would like to change about me, their mother, before it was too late and their childhood was ruined. Andrew basically ignored me, he's always was a fast learner, but Jack said, "There is one thing. You should take us to play miniature golf more often." We haven't taken a vacation since that didn't include at least one round of mini-golf. And we have played every single course within 2 hours of our house. Whenever the kids get invited to a mini-golf birthday party, they usually dominate. Within the family it's a hard fought battle, well, except for me. I don't slack but I'm always the one carrying the score card and going last and I'm just not cutthroat about it.
That's a really cool story, Bostondevil. Does Jack remember telling you this? How old is he now?
He's 12. He doesn't remember the original event but I've told the story often enough that he thinks he does. ;)
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 14th, 2009, 9:24 pm

Bostondevil wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
He's 12. He doesn't remember the original event but I've told the story often enough that he thinks he does. ;)
:-bd He'll remember the important part: his mom listened to him when he was 5 and took him to play miniature golf more often. :-bd
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 14th, 2009, 9:42 pm

Sue71 wrote:Ok so I haven't checked this thread in several days, but there's no freaking way I'm reading the 40 pages I missed. And I'm sure I'll miss another 30-40 more. Oh well. Someone can catch me up later.
Mostly, you're missing rampant PWing and widespread drafting off of said PWing. Not to worry.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 14th, 2009, 9:42 pm

wilson wrote:
Sue71 wrote:Ok so I haven't checked this thread in several days, but there's no freaking way I'm reading the 40 pages I missed. And I'm sure I'll miss another 30-40 more. Oh well. Someone can catch me up later.
Mostly, you're missing rampant PWing and widespread drafting off of said PWing. Not to worry.
Hence my above post.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 14th, 2009, 9:50 pm

Bostondevil wrote:
wilson wrote:
wilson wrote:I'm breathing down CB&B's neck.
and I'm slightly drunk...doesn't bode well for his posting lead.
D'oh, I should have figured that out.

Anybody else here ever been the only sober one in the room? It's happened to me more times than I can count.
Once or twice.

No, really, when I was pregnant, you cannot imagine the number of times I got called upon to be the designated driver. All I wanted to do was sleep.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 14th, 2009, 9:52 pm

I won a Britney Spears CD this afternoon at the gas station.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 14th, 2009, 9:53 pm

I also got a free T-shirt.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

And a free Diet Pepsi.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

I gave the Diet Pepsi to my mom.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 14th, 2009, 9:54 pm

I gave the T-shirt to my son.

~ James Naismith
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 14th, 2009, 9:54 pm

CathyCA wrote:I gave the Diet Pepsi to my mom.
Who'd you give the Britney CD to? :D
-- DukeUsul
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

I tried to give the Britney Spears CD to my son, but he laughed at me.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Turns out, I should have won the Linkin Park CD for him.

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 14th, 2009, 9:55 pm

Bostondevil wrote:
wilson wrote:One of my favorite t-shirts comes from "Pirate's Island Adventure Golf" in Hilton Head, SC.
I've played it, both courses, many, many times.
We've played them too, but not in the last few years. I much prefer the real thing to miniature golf.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 14th, 2009, 9:55 pm

I bought some scratcher cards while I was at the gas station.

~ James Naismith