Biden won, it's over --- The Election Thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Furniture
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: Trump Vs Biden --- The Election Thread

Post by Furniture » December 10th, 2020, 10:27 pm

We should start a poll on how long it will be for the OY President thread to be closed.
Or how many times it will be closed, then opened, closed again.....
If anyone ever tells you they are a stable genius. Get the hell out of there.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 10th, 2020, 10:54 pm

dudog wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 10:08 pm
Giuliani called out several Black election workers in Fulton County, alleging that they were “passing around USB ports as if they were vials of heroin or cocaine.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz

Nothing racist about that. Nothing at all.
wow

:-o L-)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 10th, 2020, 11:01 pm

Following that quote that Dudog highlighted.
He also referred to some election workers by name while questioning their actions — despite repeated pleas from state election officials to protect the safety of election workers.
It truly won't take long before someone who was simply doing their job is hurt because of what these people are doing with their irresponsible claims.
Phredd3
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by Phredd3 » December 11th, 2020, 8:52 am

In other news, I was listening to some talking heads before breakfast this morning discussing Biden's pick for the head of the VA. The discussion was 100% about experience and...dare I say it...policy.

It all seemed so refreshingly normal.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » December 11th, 2020, 10:46 am

Phredd3 wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 8:52 am
In other news, I was listening to some talking heads before breakfast this morning discussing Biden's pick for the head of the VA. The discussion was 100% about experience and...dare I say it...policy.

It all seemed so refreshingly normal.
Agreed. If only we could stop hearing about Trump's protests and this stupid Texas case, we could really focus on policy. There has been some pushback on Biden's secretary of defense choice as I think he is only about four years removed from being active military and there is supposed to be a longer gap - I think Trump got away with this because a) he's Trump, and b) I think Congress was hoping he would be the adult in the room so they were willing to tolerate it. Also, there seems to be some infighting among the Democrats. They really need to figure this out.

Unrelated, I see the Beer thread got shut down? Did Tastes Great/Less Filling get out of hand?
dudog

Post by dudog » December 11th, 2020, 11:55 am

Hah! Rush says red states need to secede because they cannot peacefully co-exist with blue states.

Let 'em secede and become a third-world country without California and New York to support them.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rus ... _test=2_04

Yes I know that is over-simplifying things, but I'm tired of these ignorant takers whining. It is well-established that red states take far more from the federal government than they put in.
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » December 11th, 2020, 1:06 pm

dudog wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 11:55 am
Hah! Rush says red states need to secede because they cannot peacefully co-exist with blue states.

Let 'em secede and become a third-world country without California and New York to support them.

So Dear Old Duke should no longer be in the United States? I remind you that, according to this last election, North Carolina is a "red state".
dudog

Post by dudog » December 11th, 2020, 3:39 pm

WaPo with an answer to my earlier question: Trump lawyers should be sanctioned, but won't be. As George Carlin said "It's a big club, and you ain't in it!".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnbfcL

Meanwhile, Pat Robertson says God is going to intervene with SCOTUS to keep Trump in power. For God's sake, the old fart is 90. You'd think he would have actually found God by now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1bPese
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 11th, 2020, 3:44 pm

dudog wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 3:39 pm
WaPo with an answer to my earlier question: Trump lawyers should be sanctioned, but won't be. As George Carlin said "It's a big club, and you ain't in it!".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnbfcL

Meanwhile, Pat Robertson says God is going to intervene with SCOTUS to keep Trump in power. For God's sake, the old fart is 90. You'd think he would have actually found God by now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1bPese
Pat is zero for how many now on all of his predictions? Up in Heaven, God's like "Hey Gabriel, I'm bored...let's tell Pat Robertson some more bullshit, that's always great for kicks!"
O:-)
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » December 11th, 2020, 5:15 pm

dudog wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 11:55 am

Yes I know that is over-simplifying things, but I'm tired of these ignorant takers whining. It is well-established that red states take far more from the federal government than they put in.
Here I was wondering about the mechanism for us blue states leaving (sorry/not sorry to the poster who was made violently ill by this concept) but Rush is beating me to it. Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on way out - good riddance.

There are way too many purple states for this to happen. Though I'm happy to air lift in liberal delights like the NY Times and kale (though I personally hate kale) to the residents of the RTP Nation.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » December 11th, 2020, 7:15 pm

102230A7-4530-4E22-9E6A-4BFA92A84AF4.jpeg
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » December 11th, 2020, 7:44 pm

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » December 11th, 2020, 8:21 pm

Being a loser is the worst thing in the world for Trump. He avoids it at all costs. He comes up with ridiculous excuses to avoid being considered a loser. He has stayed at arms length from the other trials so that it wasn't he, the almighty Donald Trump, who lost. But his name was all over this one. So he is a big, fat, orange, LOSER. And all of the moron AGs, congresspeople, etc. who got behind this are also spineless, morally bankrupt losers. I'm waiting to see the explosion on Twitter.
OPK

Post by OPK » December 11th, 2020, 8:31 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 8:21 pm
Being a loser is the worst thing in the world for Trump. He avoids it at all costs. He comes up with ridiculous excuses to avoid being considered a loser. He has stayed at arms length from the other trials so that it wasn't he, the almighty Donald Trump, who lost. But his name was all over this one. So he is a big, fat, orange, LOSER. And all of the moron AGs, congresspeople, etc. who got behind this are also spineless, morally bankrupt losers. I'm waiting to see the explosion on Twitter.
+1
Furniture

Post by Furniture » December 11th, 2020, 9:23 pm

Saw this opinion on Twitter.

Many thought: "Let him leave, pardon him & let him go away quietly." But he won't. So, the job for federal & legal jurisdictions going forward after Jan. 20:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 11th, 2020, 9:26 pm

That was a rather impressive smackdown from SCOTUS.

I love the last part that said anything else is moot. :D
Furniture

Post by Furniture » December 12th, 2020, 8:41 am

Watching these tRump supporters in Georgia being interviewed makes me feel that there is a real possibility that many of them are more Trump over party than real republicans. That together with the Georgia run off getting lost in tRumps election court battles could really mean a depressed republican turn out. Seriously these people are really stupid. Imagine losing the Georgia senates seats because of tRumps childish self centered cry baby antics.
dudog

Post by dudog » December 12th, 2020, 9:56 am

Furniture wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 8:41 am
Watching these tRump supporters in Georgia being interviewed makes me feel that there is a real possibility that many of them are more Trump over party than real republicans. That together with the Georgia run off getting lost in tRumps election court battles could really mean a depressed republican turn out. Seriously these people are really stupid. Imagine losing the Georgia senates seats because of tRumps childish self centered cry baby antics.
I'm not imagining it, I'm dreaming it! (ok, maybe they are the same thing) All Republicans need to be punished, not just Trump.

I just have to hope that every 2 years there are less of them and more young voters who are open-minded and not racist. Though I'm also a bit concerned about runaway Democrats. I'm not very liberal, mostly middle-of-the-road and quite conservative on some issues, but I'm sick of (and a bit terrified of) these fascists.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 12th, 2020, 10:49 am

The march/protest in Washington today should be interesting. More "Stop the Steal", crap, sponsored by Roger Stone (who has to be cashing in on this, someone is selling all those big branded flags) and religious groups. One of those is a large women's religious group, which will never cease boggling my mind.
One of my friends is going with her mom. Obviously, when we hang out, we don't talk politics.

Silver lining, all of these people are showing up to protest a truly and officially lost cause. Have fun yelling at nobody of importance, and enjoy spending your money on useless crap, folks!
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » December 12th, 2020, 12:08 pm

I think someone should put the final scene from Ferris Bueller on Trump's TV and play it over and over again. Hopefully he finally will get the hint. And hopefully he will not burn the place down in his remaining month in office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1XgFsitnQw