Biden won, it's over --- The Election Thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Furniture
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: Trump Vs Biden --- The Election Thread

Post by Furniture » December 8th, 2020, 10:20 am

According to the Don he is doing well...

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status ... 5870642182

He is tweeting.

He got into hospital very quick, not so sure if A.N.Other would get in as fast.
If anyone ever tells you they are a stable genius. Get the hell out of there.
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » December 8th, 2020, 10:29 am

The Texas AG has brought a suit directly in the Supreme Court, challenging other states such as Georgia’s certification of votes.

Jesus, these folks are as persistent as they are batshit crazy.
CrazyNotCrazie
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » December 8th, 2020, 10:41 am

OPK wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 10:29 am
The Texas AG has brought a suit directly in the Supreme Court, challenging other states such as Georgia’s certification of votes.

I wish all these people could get thrown in jail for wasting the court's time with frivolous lawsuits. They have zero proof upon which to base their claims. They have really had a deep drink of the Kool-Aid that it is completely impossible that Trump lost. I truly wish the Democrats were smart and organized enough to orchestrate some of the schemes they are being accused of. I feel like the Republicans are just saying "what should we have done to steal this election" and then just assuming the Dems did those things.

To use the basketball analogy, give them a T for too aggressively arguing the call, send them to the showers, and let's continue the game. Where are Dick Paparo and Lenny Wirtz when you need them?
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » December 8th, 2020, 10:45 am

Furniture wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 10:17 am
I wonder how Guiliani is?
I don't. Sounds callous, but it is true. I have no brain cells to waste on the fate of someone so reprehensible. I don't wish Rudy ill health, I just don't give enough of a damn about him to be curious. As long as he is out of the limelight, everyone is better off.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 8th, 2020, 10:58 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 10:41 am
OPK wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 10:29 am

I wish all these people could get thrown in jail for wasting the court's time with frivolous lawsuits. They have zero proof upon which to base their claims.
There really need to be some disbarments coming out of this whole fiasco.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 8th, 2020, 11:00 am

Phredd3 wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 10:45 am
Furniture wrote:
I don't. Sounds callous, but it is true. I have no brain cells to waste on the fate of someone so reprehensible. I don't wish Rudy ill health, I just don't give enough of a damn about him to be curious. As long as he is out of the limelight, everyone is better off.
He didn't give much of a fuck about himself or those around him, so why should we? I'm with you on that. I'd say maybe lesson learned for others paying attention, but with the likes of Hermann Cain and others actually dying and nothing changing, those hopes are non-existent.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » December 8th, 2020, 11:24 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 11:00 am
Phredd3 wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 10:45 am
Furniture wrote:
He didn't give much of a fuck about himself or those around him, so why should we? I'm with you on that. I'd say maybe lesson learned for others paying attention, but with the likes of Hermann Cain and others actually dying and nothing changing, those hopes are non-existent.
Call me insensitive but I still think that those who walk around crowded places without masks should waive their right to medical treatment if they get covid. Why should medical professionals be put at risk and very limited resources be wasted on them?
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » December 8th, 2020, 11:29 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 11:24 am
Call me insensitive but I still think that those who walk around crowded places without masks should waive their right to medical treatment if they get covid. Why should medical professionals be put at risk and very limited resources be wasted on them?
I don't think that view is compatible with the Hippocratic oath.

On the other hand, this is one case where I wouldn't be especially bothered by an insurance company's refusal to pay. They require mitigation measures all the time. If they want to argue that negligence is the primary cause of the problem when someone overtly refuses to wear a mask in a crowded room, well, that seems pretty reasonable. You make your bed, you lie in it.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » December 8th, 2020, 11:52 am

Phredd3 wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 11:29 am
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 11:24 am
I don't think that view is compatible with the Hippocratic oath.

On the other hand, this is one case where I wouldn't be especially bothered by an insurance company's refusal to pay. They require mitigation measures all the time. If they want to argue that negligence is the primary cause of the problem when someone overtly refuses to wear a mask in a crowded room, well, that seems pretty reasonable. You make your bed, you lie in it.
Good point about the Hippocratic oath. Unfortunately, all the time doctors waste a lot of time and resources treating people who got injured by being stupid. So I guess this is no different.

I was seeing the analogy to when there is a hurricane and an evacuation is mandated, so that first responders can basically say "we warned you, now we aren't putting our lives on the line to rescue you during the storm."

Unfortunately, the insurance idea you suggested, though a great idea, also wouldn't work. But it would be nice if it did.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » December 8th, 2020, 11:54 am

Now Guilanis partner in crime Jenna Ellis has covid and she was at a party in the East wing as recently as Friday.

https://www.axios.com/jenna-ellis-trump ... ce=twitter
dudog

Post by dudog » December 8th, 2020, 12:00 pm

OPK wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 7:41 am
dudog wrote:
December 7th, 2020, 11:14 pm
lol, you kids are too much. And after further thought, I am getting too much credit for shutting it down. My comment did not get the thread closed...your comments supporting me did!

Where we go one we go all!

Um, hold it...has that been taken? :confusion-confused:
I think Jason did a very good job OY managing the unmanageable. I would put that thread up against any political discussion on the interwebs, and it would be hard to find a more civil and informative virtual conversation. Jason deserves a lot of credit for helping that to happen.

As for locking it, well — who could really keep a “neutral” thread open when one candidate is an unrepentant asshole who tramples on all norms of polite discourse and democracy itself? I assume he finally had enough, and/or was getting grief from other mods because the thread was still open and was a one-sided bash-fest of Herr Trump.

Maybe he’ll reopen it upon reflection; maybe he won’t. Either way, it was a good ride while it lasted. While I respectfully disagree with his decision on this specific issue, if I was mod there would no doubt be plenty of times y’all would disagree with my decisions too. Comes with the territory.

Oh, and fuck Trump and his merry band of enablers for this last shit they are taking on our democracy.
I agree.

Has everyone seen Jason's follow-up this morning? One person whined. I kinda figured that had happened, and this is another of my gripes. They call us snowflakes, but they're such a bunch of crybabies. I mean really, "Waaaah, he called me a fascist".

The thing is, from the tenor of many of Jason's own posts, I believe he is probably more liberal than I am. But he has to bend over backward for those spineless slugs. Just like Troublemaker here. I'm not going to waste my time finding it, but he posted that if Trump lost he would come here and take the grief. And crickets. He's just like all of them, all mouth. That's why, for all their posturing and marching with guns, I'm not worried about our democracy. They are cowards and crybabies. It's always somebody else's fault that their life sucks. I'm about as lily-white as they come, and I'm fed up with entitled white people.
dudog

Post by dudog » December 8th, 2020, 12:02 pm

dudog wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 12:00 pm
OPK wrote:
dudog wrote:
December 7th, 2020, 11:14 pm
lol, you kids are too much. And after further thought, I am getting too much credit for shutting it down. My comment did not get the thread closed...your comments supporting me did!

Where we go one we go all!

Um, hold it...has that been taken? :confusion-confused:
I think Jason did a very good job OY managing the unmanageable. I would put that thread up against any political discussion on the interwebs, and it would be hard to find a more civil and informative virtual conversation. Jason deserves a lot of credit for helping that to happen.

As for locking it, well — who could really keep a “neutral” thread open when one candidate is an unrepentant asshole who tramples on all norms of polite discourse and democracy itself? I assume he finally had enough, and/or was getting grief from other mods because the thread was still open and was a one-sided bash-fest of Herr Trump.

Maybe he’ll reopen it upon reflection; maybe he won’t. Either way, it was a good ride while it lasted. While I respectfully disagree with his decision on this specific issue, if I was mod there would no doubt be plenty of times y’all would disagree with my decisions too. Comes with the territory.

Oh, and fuck Trump and his merry band of enablers for this last shit they are taking on our democracy.
I agree.

Has everyone seen Jason's follow-up this morning? One person whined. I kinda figured that had happened, and this is another of my gripes. They call us snowflakes, but they're such a bunch of crybabies. I mean really, "Waaaah, he called me a fascist".

The thing is, from the tenor of many of Jason's own posts, I believe he is probably more liberal than I am. But he has to bend over backward for those spineless slugs. Just like Troublemaker here. I'm not going to waste my time finding it, but he posted that if Trump lost he would come here and take the grief. And crickets (plus I don't think any of us here would have really given him grief, we're decent). He's just like all of them, all mouth. That's why, for all their posturing and marching with guns, I'm not worried about our democracy. They are cowards and crybabies. It's always somebody else's fault that their life sucks. I'm about as lily-white as they come, and I'm fed up with entitled white people.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » December 8th, 2020, 12:24 pm

dudog wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 12:02 pm
dudog wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 12:00 pm
OPK wrote:

I agree.

The thing is, from the tenor of many of Jason's own posts, I believe he is probably more liberal than I am. But he has to bend over backward for those spineless slugs. Just like Troublemaker here. I'm not going to waste my time finding it, but he posted that if Trump lost he would come here and take the grief. And crickets (plus I don't think any of us here would have really given him grief, we're decent). He's just like all of them, all mouth. That's why, for all their posturing and marching with guns, I'm not worried about our democracy. They are cowards and crybabies. It's always somebody else's fault that their life sucks. I'm about as lily-white as they come, and I'm fed up with entitled white people.
Jason is VERY critical of Trump. If other people posted what he does sometimes I am sure they would get a ban.
dudog

Post by dudog » December 8th, 2020, 12:25 pm

Mods, please delete my last post. Too inflammatory. Yeah, I know we can speak our minds here, but I was just ranting. Thanks for letting me let it out, but our side doesn't need to get in the gutter with them.

Thanks.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 8th, 2020, 1:21 pm

dudog wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 12:25 pm
Mods, please delete my last post. Too inflammatory. Yeah, I know we can speak our minds here, but I was just ranting. Thanks for letting me let it out, but our side doesn't need to get in the gutter with them.

Thanks.
You've always got the power to edit and delete your own posts. I don't think there is a time limit on doing that.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 8th, 2020, 1:23 pm

dudog wrote:
I'm not going to waste my time finding it, but he posted that if Trump lost he would come here and take the grief. And crickets (plus I don't think any of us here would have really given him grief, we're decent).
It could be that countless other cultists, he doesn't believe that Trump actually lost.
dudog

Post by dudog » December 8th, 2020, 1:39 pm

December 8th, 2020, 1:21 pm
dudog wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 12:25 pm

Thanks.
You've always got the power to edit and delete your own posts. I don't think there is a time limit on doing that.
There is a time limit, the little pencil and X goes away, and all we're left with is "report" and "quote".

I really don't want to contribute to the coarsening of the conversation. Also I shouldn't have singled out troublemaker, even though I remember that when he came to the thread he basically dropped a hand grenade into the conversation and then walked away. Bottom line, I want to have honest thoughtful discussions and a little humor. My post did not further either of those.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » December 8th, 2020, 1:40 pm

December 8th, 2020, 1:23 pm
dudog wrote:
I'm not going to waste my time finding it, but he posted that if Trump lost he would come here and take the grief. And crickets (plus I don't think any of us here would have really given him grief, we're decent).
It could be that countless other cultists, he doesn't believe that Trump actually lost.
I know from the aggressive PMs that he sent so many of us that he was gambling a lot on the election. What criteria are the betting markets where you could gamble on the outcome using to determine when to pay off their bets? Depending on which way their respective books came in, they have different incentives to use different standards. I'm sure there are a lot of issues that their lawyers didn't count on when writing the small print.

Given that it seems like Troublemaker bet a lot in favor of Trump, I'm guessing that he is refusing to admit defeat.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 8th, 2020, 3:23 pm

dudog wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 1:39 pm

There is a time limit, the little pencil and X goes away, and all we're left with is "report" and "quote".
Ahh..good to know, I guess it's always there for me since I'm a mod.
Per your post, don't sweat it...it will get buried soon enough anyway.
dudog

Post by dudog » December 8th, 2020, 3:25 pm

Another favor to ask, since I'm banned OY:

It's been 40 years today since John Lennon was killed. Can somebody please mention it OY since I can't? I sometimes wonder if the world would be just a little bit kinder if he was still around.

He's one of my musical heroes. "Watching the Wheels" is kind of a personal anthem.

Edit: Thanks Furniture, I owe you one.