Post by OPK » November 1st, 2020, 2:57 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 2:55 pm
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 9:08 am
ArkieDukie wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 9:06 am
https://apple.news/AEfk6oRoxRS69yaSNgMYF6g
Personally, I find this terrifying on multiple levels. First, when did it become okay to attempt to run a candidate’s bus off the road? Second, and perhaps more terrifying, what candidate outright endorses and encourages this type of behavior?
At least the FBI is investigating. I hope everyone of those assholes is arrested. X(
It would be fitting if they all got arrested and were sitting in jail and unable to vote on election day. I feel strongly about having the maximum number of people voting, regardless of party, but these dirtbags don't deserve it.

It would also be nice if the president said something about it since he is so quick to call out violence when he thinks it is committed by Dems. Law and order!
He tweeted out his support of the pick-up convoy, saying that was why he loved Texas.
Phredd3
Full Time Student at PWing school

Re: Trump Vs Biden --- The Election Thread

Post by Phredd3 » November 1st, 2020, 3:12 pm

OPK wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 2:57 pm
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:

At least the FBI is investigating. I hope everyone of those assholes is arrested. X(
It would be fitting if they all got arrested and were sitting in jail and unable to vote on election day. I feel strongly about having the maximum number of people voting, regardless of party, but these dirtbags don't deserve it.

It would also be nice if the president said something about it since he is so quick to call out violence when he thinks it is committed by Dems. Law and order!
He tweeted out his support of the pick-up convoy, saying that was why he loved Texas.
And why anyone would want that in a President is something that continues to completely escape me. I just do not get it.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » November 1st, 2020, 3:13 pm

OPK wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 2:57 pm
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:

Just went to his twitter feed to see this. I need a shower. How do his supporters defend this? And I love that there was another tweet (he has been on a rampage) where he said something like "my sources tell me." My fifth grader is learning about citing legitimate sources - this would clearly fail fifth grade.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 1st, 2020, 3:27 pm

Phredd3 wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 3:12 pm
And why anyone would want that in a President is something that continues to completely escape me. I just do not get it.
I saw a guy wearing a Trump 2020 shirt today, and the tagline was something like "because hurting your feelings isn't a crime".
Well, yeah, it might not be a crime, but that doesn't mean I want a President that embraces it as an attitude.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » November 1st, 2020, 4:03 pm

November 1st, 2020, 3:27 pm
Phredd3 wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 3:12 pm
I saw a guy wearing a Trump 2020 shirt today, and the tagline was something like "because hurting your feelings isn't a crime".
Well, yeah, it might not be a crime, but that doesn't mean I want a President that embraces it as an attitude.
It makes them feel really tough. And they think Trump is being tough in international relations. Which is hilarious since he has basically been Russia and North Korea's bitch for four years.

Given Republicans alleged propensity for voting in person combined with all of the maskless rallies Trump has been having in places with high Covid infection rates, I think polling places in some very red districts could be superspreader events. Each state has different rules but in many, anyone who currently has it shouldn't be leaving the house to go vote, but I highly doubt that will be enforced. Thoughts and prayers.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 1st, 2020, 4:12 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 4:03 pm
Each state has different rules but in many, anyone who currently has it shouldn't be leaving the house to go vote, but I highly doubt that will be enforced. Thoughts and prayers.
Imagine being in line to vote and the person in front or behind you is hacking up a lung the whole time. :ymsick:
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » November 1st, 2020, 7:41 pm

About 48 hours from first polls closing, I’ll say:

Good luck to everyone. I have my preferences of outcomes but frankly would not be surprised by any result or path to that result. No matter what, I’m an American over all and we will survive.

Peace, love, peace again.

— OPK
richardjackson199
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by richardjackson199 » November 1st, 2020, 8:54 pm

OPK wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 7:41 pm
About 48 hours from first polls closing, I’ll say:

Good luck to everyone. I have my preferences of outcomes but frankly would not be surprised by any result or path to that result. No matter what, I’m an American over all and we will survive.

Peace, love, peace again.

— OPK
:spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: **== :obscene-drinkingcheers:
dudog

Post by dudog » November 2nd, 2020, 8:43 am

Final update from my little slice of heaven in Florida.

My county cast 260K votes four years ago, and went to Trump by 34K. That was about 30% of his entire margin in the state.

Early voting ended here yesterday, and the total of early and mail-in votes is 251.5K. By registration:

100.5K Republican
89K Democrat
61K NPA

Anyone else see the message here? Even if they voted straight ticket, and split NPA evenly, Trump has to make up over 20K votes tomorrow. Plus I don't hear any Democratic Voters Against Biden in ads, or hundreds of D officials coming out against him. NPA are going to go for Biden by some margin, possibly as high as 2 to 1.

I just don't see how Trump wins Florida. And that would be checkmate.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 2nd, 2020, 8:47 am

dudog wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 8:43 am

My county cast 260K votes four years ago, and went to Trump by 34K. That was about 30% of his entire margin in the state.

Early voting ended here yesterday, and the total of early and mail-in votes is 251.5K. By registration:

100.5K Republican
89K Democrat
61K NPA

Anyone else see the message here? Even if they voted straight ticket, and split NPA evenly, Trump has to make up over 20K votes tomorrow. Plus I don't hear any Democratic Voters Against Biden in ads, or hundreds of D officials coming out against him. NPA are going to go for Biden by some margin, possibly as high as 2 to 1.

It's interesting that Republicans outvoted Democrats in the early session.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » November 2nd, 2020, 9:40 am

dudog wrote:

100.5K Republican
89K Democrat
61K NPA

Do you know the overall population of your county R vs. D vs. NPA? This would give a better sense of how the remaining people might turn out tomorrow.

I am hopefully one of the few who will be voting in person tomorrow. This was the first year NY had early voting and there was a big turnout, so I am hoping the lines won't be too bad tomorrow at my local polling place - I am trying to strategize the best time to go (I am working from home and live two blocks away so can go at almost any time).
dudog

Post by dudog » November 2nd, 2020, 12:05 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 9:40 am
dudog wrote:

100.5K Republican
89K Democrat
61K NPA

Do you know the overall population of your county R vs. D vs. NPA? This would give a better sense of how the remaining people might turn out tomorrow.
160K Republican
144K Democrat
123K NPA

(We've got a good elections office for info)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 2nd, 2020, 12:14 pm

dudog wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 12:05 pm
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 9:40 am
dudog wrote:

100.5K Republican
89K Democrat
61K NPA

160K Republican
144K Democrat
123K NPA

(We've got a good elections office for info)
Ahh, so the Republicans didn't outvote the Dems, they both turned out to essentially the same percentage. Will be interesting to see if that holds true again tomorrow, or if one group turns out more than the other. (As historically the GOP tends to do, but your numbers are showing they turned out just as much in early voting.)
fuse

Post by fuse » November 2nd, 2020, 1:29 pm

How anyone is able to focus on anything right now is beyond me.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 2nd, 2020, 1:44 pm

fuse wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 1:29 pm
I'm very happy that at least some sports are going on tonight, because I will refuse to watch the news. And I'm a total news junky.

Go Daniel Jones! (And don't fucking turn the ball over!)
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » November 2nd, 2020, 1:45 pm

fuse wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 1:29 pm
Yes, as a Giants fan I am also very nervous about how badly they will lose tonight...

Oh, you mean the election? Yes, my anxiety is really dialed up. I keep telling myself to just turn off the computer and not turn it back on until Wednesday. It is bad enough that there is a greater than zero chance that Trump will win. But he is such a nasty, vindictive person that we will not hear the end of it and he will take out his wrath on the blue states and do permanent damage to this country. And if we are fortunate and he loses, he will convince the brain-washed masses that it was not legitimate and the "riots" from this summer that he won't shut up about will seem like child's play compared to what his people will do. And just to be "fair and balanced," if he wins, there will also be a lot of unrest. But of course it will be "fine people" causing the problems in the first scenario, and "lawless thugs" doing so in the second.

As you can tell, my cynicism is also dialed up...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 2nd, 2020, 3:41 pm

WHEW!!!!
A federal judge in Texas rejected a GOP-led challenge Monday seeking to invalidate nearly 127,000 drive-thru ballots cast in the Democratic-leaning Houston area.

The lawsuit is a major last-minute challenge to voting rules in closely watched states ahead of the election, in which some officials have made special accommodations amid the coronavirus pandemic. An appeal is possible.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/02/politics ... index.html

An appeal may be possible, sure, but time is quickly running out on that.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 2nd, 2020, 11:37 pm

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound’s the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Robert Frost

Hoping we all sleep well as our miles come to a nearing end.
OPK

Post by OPK » November 3rd, 2020, 3:08 am

Game Day!
Nrrrrvous
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Nrrrrvous » November 3rd, 2020, 7:07 am

OPK wrote:
November 3rd, 2020, 3:08 am
Game Day!
I'm excited! Let's do this people!! Get out there and VOTE like your life depends on it! (Because it kinda does!)

R's and D's, I don't care, I'll still love ya tomorrow! L's, eh, maybe not so much... I keed, I keed