Biden won, it's over --- The Election Thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Trump Vs Biden --- The Election Thread

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 8th, 2020, 11:21 am

As you've surely seen, Trump says he won't be in the next debate. This article says there are 70 million reasons we shouldn't believe him. (Again.)
If Trump's camp follows through and holds a rally on October 15, it will likely only be televised by a couple of pro-Trump TV channels. He will essentially only be speaking to his base.

The formal debates, on the other hand, are shown by all the major broadcasters and cable channels in America, along with countless websites.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnbfcL
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CrazyNotCrazie
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » October 8th, 2020, 11:30 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 11:21 am
As you've surely seen, Trump says he won't be in the next debate. This article says there are 70 million reasons we shouldn't believe him. (Again.)
If Trump's camp follows through and holds a rally on October 15, it will likely only be televised by a couple of pro-Trump TV channels. He will essentially only be speaking to his base.

The formal debates, on the other hand, are shown by all the major broadcasters and cable channels in America, along with countless websites.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnbfcL
As I posted OY, this really gets Biden off the hook. He has no need or desire to debate, but if he bailed, Trump would have tried to portray him as being a big wimp. Now he has a good excuse (besides COVID) to not go. If I were him, I would publicly announce ASAP that since Trump has said he is not debating, he is going to visit COVID patients or something very civic-minded on the day of the debate. That way, if Trump flips and says that now he wants to participate in the debate, Biden can say sorry, too late, I was holding the day for you, you bailed, and now I can't disappoint the people I had promised to see.

I still think Trump has a surprise in store. Something really low class and nasty. He has been stirring about Barr going after Obama, Hillary and Biden and it might be something related to that. I am not a lawyer but perhaps he will try to issue some sort of an arrest warrant for Biden a few days before the election. Have the Fox News cameras there when police show up to serve Biden criminal charges. Whatever he does, he will do it at the last second so that Biden doesn't have time to refute it. A lot of people are voting early but I am assuming that the few people who are on the fence are the most likely to wait until the last second to see how everything plays out.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 8th, 2020, 1:02 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 11:30 am
I still think Trump has a surprise in store. Something really low class and nasty. He has been stirring about Barr going after Obama, Hillary and Biden and it might be something related to that. I am not a lawyer but perhaps he will try to issue some sort of an arrest warrant for Biden a few days before the election. Have the Fox News cameras there when police show up to serve Biden criminal charges. Whatever he does, he will do it at the last second so that Biden doesn't have time to refute it. A lot of people are voting early but I am assuming that the few people who are on the fence are the most likely to wait until the last second to see how everything plays out.
Something that drastic would likely earn Biden even more votes. Then when he wins, his DOJ can drop all charges. :D
Furniture
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Furniture » October 8th, 2020, 2:45 pm

Saw this tweet.....perfect summary but the day is not over....

Our President’s day so far:

He said he wouldn’t show up for the next debate.

He blamed Gold Star families for giving him Covid.

And six militia members answered his call to “liberate Michigan” and were arrested today in a plot to kidnap Michigan’s Governor.

Vote. Please vote.
If anyone ever tells you they are a stable genius. Get the hell out of there.
Wander
PW in training
PW in training

Post by Wander » October 8th, 2020, 4:27 pm

Furniture wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 2:45 pm
Saw this tweet.....perfect summary but the day is not over....

Our President’s day so far:

He said he wouldn’t show up for the next debate.

He blamed Gold Star families for giving him Covid.

And six militia members answered his call to “liberate Michigan” and were arrested today in a plot to kidnap Michigan’s Governor.

Vote. Please vote.
Tomorrow will be worse. How? I don't know. But somehow it will be.
dudog

Post by dudog » October 9th, 2020, 11:38 am

No one wants to be post 666? I'll go.

Three weeks ago, Joe's lead in the national average was 6.6. Today it is 10.1.

Need to continue the momentum, I want a landslide of biblical proportions! (see what I did there?)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 9th, 2020, 12:15 pm

dudog wrote:
October 9th, 2020, 11:38 am
No one wants to be post 666? I'll go.

Three weeks ago, Joe's lead in the national average was 6.6. Today it is 10.1.

Need to continue the momentum, I want a landslide of biblical proportions! (see what I did there?)
I just hope it stays at least in that range.
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » October 9th, 2020, 1:12 pm

Does the explicit Supreme Court evasion prompt even a momentary issue? I'm guessing that's already pretty baked in with ACB and that many of the folks who disapprove of Court-packing wouldn't change their vote over it.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 9th, 2020, 2:20 pm

Phredd3 wrote:
October 9th, 2020, 1:12 pm
Does the explicit Supreme Court evasion prompt even a momentary issue? I'm guessing that's already pretty baked in with ACB and that many of the folks who disapprove of Court-packing wouldn't change their vote over it.
There is literally SO much going these days that I can't imagine this one issue is going to be a deal breaker for anyone. Over half the country doesn't want to see any new justices, but also over half the country thinks it is a shitty plan to get ACB on the bench before 2021. (Or at least before we know if Trump is staying in office or not.)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 9th, 2020, 4:04 pm

Dear Leader will host what is essentially a rally on his lawn, speaking to a group from the balcony of the White House.
The event will feature "remarks to peaceful protesters for law and order" by the president, according to an invite obtained by ABC News and confirmed by two White House sources familiar with the planning.

The gathering is scheduled to take place on the South Lawn of the White House in conjunction with a previously planned event organized by controversial conservative activist Candace Owens' group Blexit, a campaign to urge Black Americans to leave the Democratic Party, sources said.
There is so much going on there that is 100% unethical, which makes it totally normal I guess.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-p ... d=73512644
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 9th, 2020, 4:25 pm

Next round of NY Times Trump Tax reporting is out. Shocking news, but it turns out he's slimy.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 13934.html

(Linking that one instead of from the Times since they have a habit of raising their paywall.)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 9th, 2020, 4:39 pm

Oh, and not only is he slimy, he's also under a NEW investigation by the state of New York.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/land-deal-go ... 14873.html
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » October 9th, 2020, 5:02 pm

October 9th, 2020, 4:25 pm
Next round of NY Times Trump Tax reporting is out. Shocking news, but it turns out he's slimy.

(Linking that one instead of from the Times since they have a habit of raising their paywall.)
But abortion! And the Wall! And her e-mails! They are all either hypocrites, morons, or both.

I am curious to see what dumbasses show up for his shindig at the White House tomorrow, and if they will be wearing masks. Of course, it sounds like Das Fuhrer will not be mingling with the masses. Even though he claims to be totally healthy now. Have there been any updates on any of the other victims of the superspreader event?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 9th, 2020, 5:32 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
October 9th, 2020, 5:02 pm

But abortion! And the Wall! And her e-mails! They are all either hypocrites, morons, or both.

I am curious to see what dumbasses show up for his shindig at the White House tomorrow, and if they will be wearing masks. Of course, it sounds like Das Fuhrer will not be mingling with the masses. Even though he claims to be totally healthy now. Have there been any updates on any of the other victims of the superspreader event?
I only know that Christie is still in the hospital. Sounds like reports of him being on a ventilator were made up, but it also sounds like he's not doing so great.
dudog

Post by dudog » October 9th, 2020, 7:29 pm

If Trump wasn't president he'd be dead. He's the very picture of co-morbidity.
dudog

Post by dudog » October 9th, 2020, 7:35 pm

On COVID: 56,653 new cases yesterday, 58,282 so far today.

Those are the first numbers over 54,000 since mid-August. But we've rounded the corner...into the path of a speeding, out-of-control cement truck.
dudog

Post by dudog » October 10th, 2020, 8:23 am

Heinous Anus last night during his "medical evaluation": “It’s highly contagious. That’s one thing you learn. This is a contagious disease.”
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » October 10th, 2020, 9:51 am

October 9th, 2020, 5:32 pm
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
October 9th, 2020, 5:02 pm

I only know that Christie is still in the hospital. Sounds like reports of him being on a ventilator were made up, but it also sounds like he's not doing so great.
Christie released from hospital:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/10/politics ... index.html
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 10th, 2020, 11:03 am

Bob Green wrote:
October 10th, 2020, 9:51 am
Christie released from hospital:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/10/politics ... index.html
That's good news.
dudog

Post by dudog » October 11th, 2020, 5:24 pm

New COVID cases running consistently 15% higher than a week ago.