Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CrazyNotCrazie
Full Time Student at PWing school

Re: Trump Vs Biden --- The Election Thread

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » September 5th, 2020, 11:42 pm

Furniture wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 8:53 pm
OY the conversation slid over to choice. I asked this question which was removed.

Perhaps Wheat or someone else can answer it.

If you are pro-life why are you not pro-universal healthcare? It’s murder if a baby is removed from the womb but it’s not murder if someone dies of cancer because they can’t afford the treatment?
Looks like they pulled down all of the posts about abortion. Because I was getting really annoyed that the poster (who I think is normally pretty reasonable) was able to basically declare who he is voting for and justify it by saying it is what Jesus wants. And heaven forbid anyone challenge him. I'm Jewish so it is hard for me to engage on this but I find those who use some questionable interpretation of scripture to justify completely irrational
and immoral behavior to be total hypocrites - ultra-orthodox Jews are among the worst offenders on this.

Trump stands in contrast to everything that all major religions preach yet he agrees with you on one thing so that justifies supporting him? His stupidity has led to the death of almost 200,000 people from COVID? He stood by while people died in his immigration camps? He doesn't care if people are refused healthcare and die of disease? I could go on...
dudog

Post by dudog » September 6th, 2020, 7:50 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 11:42 pm
Furniture wrote:
OY the conversation slid over to choice. I asked this question which was removed.

Perhaps Wheat or someone else can answer it.

If you are pro-life why are you not pro-universal healthcare? It’s murder if a baby is removed from the womb but it’s not murder if someone dies of cancer because they can’t afford the treatment?
Looks like they pulled down all of the posts about abortion. Because I was getting really annoyed that the poster (who I think is normally pretty reasonable) was able to basically declare who he is voting for and justify it by saying it is what Jesus wants. And heaven forbid anyone challenge him. I'm Jewish so it is hard for me to engage on this but I find those who use some questionable interpretation of scripture to justify completely irrational
and immoral behavior to be total hypocrites - ultra-orthodox Jews are among the worst offenders on this.

Trump stands in contrast to everything that all major religions preach yet he agrees with you on one thing so that justifies supporting him? His stupidity has led to the death of almost 200,000 people from COVID? He stood by while people died in his immigration camps? He doesn't care if people are refused healthcare and die of disease? I could go on...
You forgot use of the microwave heat ray at the border.
hml1959
I don't know what PWing is.
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by hml1959 » September 6th, 2020, 11:06 am

JWill Stan wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 11:08 pm
Furniture wrote:
Holy fuckballs, that's some over the top censorship. Might have to completely boycott OY even when (if?) there's a BBall season. Or maybe go down in flames first and get a lifetime ban.
I gave up on them when I got a notice for saying something like "this country is full of ignorant racist religious fanatics". When the obvious truth becomes labeled as partisan or inflammatory, I don't see how you can have a reasonable discussion.

BTW, if you really want to screw with the anti-abortion folks, ask them how they feel about IVF. The other question, of course, is to ask them how they feel about contraception. If I were truly against abortions, I'd want free contraception every where. But of course, for most anti-abortion folks, their real motive is to control female sexual behavior. Just more good old fashioned misogny.
Wander
PW in training
PW in training

Post by Wander » September 6th, 2020, 12:52 pm

JWill Stan wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 11:08 pm
Might have to completely boycott OY even when (if?) there's a BBall season. Or maybe go down in flames first and get a lifetime ban.
Ha, I've considered this many a time over the past year or two. A tipping point for me was the rule that you could only call the "go back to your country" Trump comments to non-white American citizens "allegedly" racist or get dinged. Just a pathetic, embarrassing, shameful job by the mods OY on that one.
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » September 6th, 2020, 2:37 pm

In defense of OY: they apparently don’t want the brawl that the PPB became. So far, okay. But then along comes Trump, whose actions are often so objectively offensive that it is difficult to discuss in a “neutral” fashion.

The mods OY ain’t paid. I don’t always agree with their decisions but I wouldn’t want to do the job either. The model over there is to “keep it focused on the horse race” and not an open discussion on policy. And I think it does a pretty good job of it overall.

If you have a controversial point to make, just make it a rhetorical question linked to the race. “Do you think that Trump’s apparent disregard for soldiers and disrespect for our war dead (as reported) will hurt his re-election chances?” “Do you think Trump will have problems with suburban female voters given his pattern of comments -- from ‘grab-em by the p*ssy’ to calling strong women ‘nasty’ — that many take as offensive?” “How do you think his description of protesters as ‘thugs’ will hurt, given that term;s racial overtones?”

My two cents, at least. I would like a full political discussion there but it’s not what they want to try to moderate.
dudog

Post by dudog » September 6th, 2020, 3:24 pm

There was a small (very small, 20 people?) Trump rally in my burg the other day. Bunch of old white people. There were almost as many cops (seriously), I imagine only to make sure none of them staggered into traffic.

I have been fascinated about dinosaurs since I was a wee child. Always wanted a time machine so I could go back and see them for real. I especially wondered what drove them to extinction (this was before the Chicxulub crater proved the case). But seeing this rally, and watching the Republican Party lumber towards extinction, I feel my lifelong dream has come true.
Furniture
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Furniture » September 7th, 2020, 11:52 am

Wheats on a boaters for Trump rant on OY.
Attachments
B8D68DD8-560A-4D00-9248-35A3A8415D11.jpeg
If anyone ever tells you they are a stable genius. Get the hell out of there.
OPK

Post by OPK » September 7th, 2020, 11:56 am

Furniture wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 11:52 am
Attachments
92CE8C75-BA59-496C-91DF-CF1F1280627C.jpeg
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 7th, 2020, 12:09 pm

Furniture wrote:
I saw a great tweet about this. It said, basically, that there was nothing so poetic about a bunch of selfish people in large boats swamping out there smaller boats and then leaving them behind. Large boats = ultra rich people, small boats = everyday Americans.

Interestingly, I read a FB post that was allegedly a firsthand report from someone at the lakeside. The boat operators ignored authorities who urged them to slow down and spread out. Law and order party ignored authorities. Who would’ve thought it.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
JWill Stan
PW in training
PW in training

Post by JWill Stan » September 7th, 2020, 2:42 pm

OPK wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 2:37 pm
<span>In defense of OY: they apparently don’t want the brawl that the PPB became. So far, okay. But then along comes <span title="was: &quot;Trump&quot;" class="detrumpified" style="">Goldman's Sack</span>, whose actions are often so objectively offensive that it is difficult to discuss in a “neutral” fashion. </span>

The mods OY ain’t paid. I don’t always agree with their decisions but I wouldn’t want to do the job either. The model over there is to “keep it focused on the horse race” and not an open discussion on policy. And I think it does a pretty good job of it overall.

<span>If you have a controversial point to make, just make it a rhetorical question linked to the race. “Do you think that <span title="was: &quot;Trump&quot;" class="detrumpified" style="">Vacuous Dipshit</span>’s apparent disregard for soldiers and disrespect for our war dead (as reported) will hurt his re-election chances?” “Do you think <span title="was: &quot;Trump&quot;" class="detrumpified" style="">Buttplug Face</span> will have problems with suburban female voters given his pattern of comments -- from ‘grab-em by the p*ssy’ to calling strong women ‘nasty’ — that many take as offensive?” “How do you think his description of protesters as ‘thugs’ will hurt, given that term;s racial overtones?”</span>

My two cents, at least. I would like a full political discussion there but it’s not what they want to try to moderate.
I get your (OPK's) point about the mods over there but doesn't mean I have to tolerate their censorship. Somehow I I quoted you below it might not be taken well :-BD
Annotation 2020-09-07 144025.png
Detrumpify FTW
OPK

Post by OPK » September 7th, 2020, 3:28 pm

JWill Stan wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 2:42 pm

I get your (OPK's) point about the mods over there but doesn't mean I have to tolerate their censorship.
Of course you don’t. They choose how to moderate it, users choose to post there or not.

That’s why CB&B invited us over — this is a less strictly-moderated board.

As for my post, the point wasn’t how to introduce controversial things for the sake of doing it. It’s to remember that the focus there is on the horse race and that there is a way to raise Trump’s crazy shit without getting dinged. (Bob posts here and is a mod there, so it’s not like I’m trying to do anything sinister. To the contrary, trying to keep folks from getting dinged there when oftentimes it is not difficult to get a point across in the format that thread demands.)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 7th, 2020, 3:48 pm

I just got home from a weekend of camping. I perused the news sites on my phone very sporadically; it was for the most part a wonderful three days of ignorance. :D :-BD
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » September 7th, 2020, 8:31 pm

Furniture wrote:
I missed Wheat's post though they seem to be leaving up responses to it with the initial post shown as redacted - they usually don't do that. Anyway, looks like it earned him a vacation - the guy is sent on more vacations than Chevy Chase. Though I picture most of the people who agree with him being more like Cousin Eddie.
dudog

Post by dudog » September 8th, 2020, 11:00 am

Rasmussen has Biden +4 in Ohio. Oh, to be a fly on the wall in the White House.
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » September 8th, 2020, 5:54 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
Looks like they pulled down all of the posts about abortion. Because I was getting really annoyed that the poster (who I think is normally pretty reasonable) was able to basically declare who he is voting for and justify it by saying it is what Jesus wants.
The original post is still there. I just went to check. OPK quickly replied that it was a "perfectly reasonable and accurate post". I think that is half right. There is little in that post that was based on reason. Faith, perhaps. Not reason.
OPK

Post by OPK » September 8th, 2020, 6:48 pm

Phredd3 wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 5:54 pm
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
Looks like they pulled down all of the posts about abortion. Because I was getting really annoyed that the poster (who I think is normally pretty reasonable) was able to basically declare who he is voting for and justify it by saying it is what Jesus wants.
The original post is still there. I just went to check. OPK quickly replied that it was a "perfectly reasonable and accurate post". I think that is half right. There is little in that post that was based on reason. Faith, perhaps. Not reason.
Where is his post? I see his deleted one at #12,738 indicating the whole thing was redacted but don’t see the post that was (apparently not) redacted which I apparently thought was reasonable.
dudog

Post by dudog » September 9th, 2020, 8:25 am

Marist (A+) has Biden +9 in PA among likely voters. So much for the tightening race.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 9th, 2020, 9:20 am

dudog wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 8:25 am
Marist (A+) has Biden +9 in PA among likely voters. So much for the tightening race.
In a Reuters/Ipsos poll out, Biden's national lead is at +12. In a CNBC poll, he is leading in the important swing states.
Joe Biden leads Donald Trump in six key 2020 swing states, according to a new CNBC/Change Research poll.
Biden's edge over Trump in Arizona, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin is unchanged from two weeks ago, before the 2020 Republican National Convention.
Voters' views of both Biden and Trump also have not budged over two weeks.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/09/2020-el ... nd-wi.html
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 9th, 2020, 12:16 pm

President Donald Trump admitted he knew weeks before the first confirmed US coronavirus death that the virus was dangerous, airborne, highly contagious and "more deadly than even your strenuous flus," and that he repeatedly played it down publicly, according to legendary journalist Bob Woodward in his new book "Rage."

"This is deadly stuff," Trump told Woodward on February 7.
What an asshole. Not sure it moves anything, but it does pile more on top of his smoldering dumpster fire.
X(
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/politics ... bejMbykhxA
JWill Stan
PW in training
PW in training

Post by JWill Stan » September 9th, 2020, 12:25 pm

Came across this posting entitled "45 FACTS THAT HAVE BECOME DEBATABLE IN 2020, THANKS TO POLITICS" that is a dispassionate list of factual statements, many with supporting links: https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/45- ... o-politics
First couple:
1. The coronavirus is a new disease that can kill people.

2. Kamala Harris is a U.S. citizen who is eligible to hold office, including the Vice Presidency.
Would this fly OY?
Detrumpify FTW