LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » August 13th, 2009, 10:51 pm

DukePA wrote:Holy freaking gevalt!! You people have gone beserk. Of course, that's why I love ya'll silly post whores :-* :-* :-*

Arkie, you are right; Motrin and Advil are ibuprofen. The max dose is 3200mg/day. I'm not a huge fan of acetaminophen/Tylenol because of the potential liver damage especially when alcohol is on board as Ms. Arkie stated. Soooo, aspirin is okay, but a powerful anticoagulant. Less meds, the better.

Holy shit! Ezmarellda is practicing medicine :ymdevil:
But if you're pregnant, the only thing the OB will let you take is Tylenol/acetominophen. But you wouldn't be drinking then anyway.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 13th, 2009, 10:54 pm

wilson wrote:It wasn't terribly clever; I just shot back without missing a beat, "Couldn't get in, huh?"
It very much had the desired effect, as I sped off blasting Wilco while he stood (just about literally) shaking his fist in the parking lot. Schmuck.
That works! :-bd =)) =)) :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » August 13th, 2009, 10:56 pm

CathyCA wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:"quote="DukePA""Aye!!"/quote"

Aye Aye

OMG - Bjornolf, this is what you have to look forward to when your little crawly pet gets old I suspect! :-o :-o :-o
It is not!

This is an Aye-Aye, which is a lemur. Bjornolf's animal is a Sugar Bear, a marsupial.

Bjornolf's animal is incapable of becoming a lemur--just like your kids are incapable of growing up and becoming lemurs.
Okay, got me and thanks for the correction! I just couldn't resist after having his sugar bear jump from him to me and back and forth with those fingers..... :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) Amazing at the agility of those lil' buggers!!!!
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » August 13th, 2009, 10:57 pm

GTHC, GTH
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 13th, 2009, 10:58 pm

DukePA wrote:Holy freaking gevalt!! You people have gone beserk. Of course, that's why I love ya'll silly post whores :-* :-* :-*

Arkie, you are right; Motrin and Advil are ibuprofen. The max dose is 3200mg/day. I'm not a huge fan of acetaminophen/Tylenol because of the potential liver damage especially when alcohol is on board as Ms. Arkie stated. Soooo, aspirin is okay, but a powerful anticoagulant. Less meds, the better.

Tylenol is okay as long as you don't go crazy on dosage - also if you don't take it with alcohol. It's about the only thing that works when I get one of my agonizing sinus headaches/migraines. I just try not to take it unless I absolutely have to. IIRC, ibuprofen has its own set of issues. Seems like it's hard on the kidneys. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 13th, 2009, 11:00 pm

Okay this proves that I am not a druggie!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) but have been around the block a time or two, sort of, but not licensed to practice obviously, unlike those more experienced and intelligent than Aye (aka I)!!!!! :D

Hey I thought alcohol made things work better? :-? :-? :-? ;)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 13th, 2009, 11:02 pm

bjornolf wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:A while ago I browsed the Yahoo personal ads to see if I recognized anyone on the site, and ever since they send me "my matches" even though I never signed up for anything. I've still yet to see anyone I recognize, but some of the photos are pretty funny; they'll do things like use their wedding picture as their profile pic. (I have seen this). Today I got an even better one. Anyone notice something funny about Paula?
matches.jpg
Wow, Paula looks like your kind of gal, CB&B. I think you should paint her. ;) Not on canvas, but directly on her face. It couldn't hurt her looks any.

%%-
CB&B - you got me rolling on this one!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) What is up with your match there of Paula??? =)) =)) =)) =)) Something you are not telling us? BTW, why are you on Yahoo Personals any whoo? That could get you in deep kimsheeeeeeeee or himsheeeeeeeee!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
DukePA

Post by DukePA » August 13th, 2009, 11:03 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:

Tylenol is okay as long as you don't go crazy on dosage - also if you don't take it with alcohol. It's about the only thing that works when I get one of my agonizing sinus headaches/migraines. I just try not to take it unless I absolutely have to. IIRC, ibuprofen has its own set of issues. Seems like it's hard on the kidneys. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Exactly. That's why less is better. As far as ibuprofen and other NSAIDS go, yes they are hard on the kidneys, but it takes much use over many years. That being said though, NSAIDS can be awfully tough on the stomach. Moderation is the key with anything.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 13th, 2009, 11:06 pm

Lavabe wrote:In the spirit of devildeac, I scheduled my colonoscopy today for 9/11. %-( %-( And at the same time, they check my prostate...

%-( %-(

\:D/ WOO HOO!!
\:D/
What hospital, I will have to get on the speaker phone! :D For posterior support of course!!!!!! :D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 13th, 2009, 11:07 pm

wilson wrote:
Lavabe wrote:In the spirit of devildeac, I scheduled my colonoscopy today for 9/11. %-( %-( And at the same time, they check my prostate...

%-( %-(

The prospect of colonoscopies and prostate exams makes me want to die at 49.
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Necessary evil! Guess you must start preparing early!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 13th, 2009, 11:08 pm

So, I noticed a few minutes ago that we have a "drool" smilie. Is that for George Clooney? =p~ :)
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 13th, 2009, 11:09 pm

cl15876 wrote:

%-( %-(

What hospital, I will have to get on the speaker phone! :D For posterior support of course!!!!!! :D
The TMI alarm is going off again. %-( %-( %-( %-( %-(
-- Albert Einstein
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 13th, 2009, 11:11 pm

wilson wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
wilson wrote:"quote="OZZIE4DUKE""
No, dieing is much worse. MUCH WORSE. :-q"/quote"
Which is worse: dying, or abysmal spelling? ;)
To die is to lose life. To dye is to turn color, so how can dieing not be right? It doesn't trigger the spell checker on Firefox.
Di Di Anu, Di Di Anu, Di Di Anu, Di Anu Di A-nu!
Sorry dude, but "dieing" is just not a word. The proper spelling is "dying."

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dieing
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dying
Seee, You are already practicing ANAL-ality!!!!!! (Yes I created that word) ... You might be ready before your time! :-bd :-o :D
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 13th, 2009, 11:11 pm

Don't look now, but we've made up someserious ground on the original LTE in the last week or so. Still a ways to go, of course, but we're getting there...
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 13th, 2009, 11:12 pm

wilson wrote:Don't look now, but we've made up someserious ground on the original LTE in the last week or so. Still a ways to go, of course, but we're getting there...
I think this is way cool.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 13th, 2009, 11:12 pm

...and there's that damned "Lollipop" commercial again. :x ~x( :-t %-(
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 13th, 2009, 11:13 pm

bjornolf wrote:
wilson wrote:
wilson wrote: Sorry dude, but "dieing" is just not a word. The proper spelling is "dying."

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dieing
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dying
Similarly, you wouldn't write, "I'm tieing my shoes." Rather, it would be, "I'm tying my shoes." That's just how it works. :-B
Plus, "dieing" simply doesn't look right.

I still get confused when trying to conjugate the various versions of "lie" with the lying and the laid vs. layed vs. lied vs. lay and all the other ones. I've looked up the rules a million times, but by the time it becomes an issue, I've forgotten again.

%%-
You had to go there didn't ya? :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » August 13th, 2009, 11:14 pm

I still like the original. It's my baby. And you all remember my reason for starting it, right?
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 13th, 2009, 11:15 pm

Let's see, Ozzie, Turk, deac, Ymo, and I still double dip. So does Dink.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 13th, 2009, 11:16 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Let's see, Ozzie, Turk, deac, Ymo, and I still double dip. So does Dink.
But by far most of the posting is here, not there.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com