LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukieInKansas » June 22nd, 2019, 11:11 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
June 22nd, 2019, 9:34 am
My nephew and I rearranged the living and dining room furniture on Thursday. My entertainment center now mostly covers (and looks good against) the orange accent wall in what was once the dining room. My job for the day will be returning all my breakable items to their new home and also hanging some pictures.

The next challenge will be coming up with a good configuration for the former living room. It’s a long room with a fireplace at one end and the entry on the other. Overall, the living/dining area is L-shaped. The living room is now on the skinnier leg of the L, mainly because it has the wall that works best for my entertainment center. The fireplace is behind what is now the living room. Trying to decide which side gets the conversation area (and my digital piano) and which side gets the dining room table. My current thought is that the table should be in front of the fireplace, behind the sofa, and the new conversation area should be in front of the entry. Thoughts?
Which area has the easiest access to the kitchen? Of course, entry in the dining area might be awkward, too.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 22nd, 2019, 11:50 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
June 22nd, 2019, 11:11 am
ArkieDukie wrote:
My nephew and I rearranged the living and dining room furniture on Thursday. My entertainment center now mostly covers (and looks good against) the orange accent wall in what was once the dining room. My job for the day will be returning all my breakable items to their new home and also hanging some pictures.

The next challenge will be coming up with a good configuration for the former living room. It’s a long room with a fireplace at one end and the entry on the other. Overall, the living/dining area is L-shaped. The living room is now on the skinnier leg of the L, mainly because it has the wall that works best for my entertainment center. The fireplace is behind what is now the living room. Trying to decide which side gets the conversation area (and my digital piano) and which side gets the dining room table. My current thought is that the table should be in front of the fireplace, behind the sofa, and the new conversation area should be in front of the entry. Thoughts?
Which area has the easiest access to the kitchen? Of course, entry in the dining area might be awkward, too.
Easiest access to the kitchen is my new living room. Second easiest is probably the area with the fireplace, but the area adjoining wouldn’t be too awful.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 22nd, 2019, 4:48 pm

:text-worthless: :text-worthless: :text-worthless: :text-worthless: :text-worthless: :text-worthless: :text-worthless: :text-yeahthat: :text-worthless: :text-worthless: :text-worthless: :text-worthless: :text-worthless: :text-worthless:
ArkieDukie wrote:

Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 22nd, 2019, 4:49 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
June 22nd, 2019, 4:48 pm
:text-worthless:
ArkieDukie wrote:

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 24th, 2019, 10:23 am

Lady with white socks and black high heels just pleaded “guilty and not guilty” to one charge.

Looks sort of like Minnie Mouse. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 24th, 2019, 3:20 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 10:23 am
Lady with white socks and black high heels just pleaded “guilty and not guilty” to one charge.

Is that like a fashion code violation?

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 25th, 2019, 8:05 am

At least the plea was consistent with the attire.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 25th, 2019, 9:10 am

CathyCA wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 3:20 pm
lawgrad91 wrote:

I thought so.

But at least she had on long pants, so she didn't have to wear jail oranges. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » June 26th, 2019, 2:18 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 9:10 am
CathyCA wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 3:20 pm
lawgrad91 wrote:

I thought so.

But at least she had on long pants, so she didn't have to wear jail oranges. :9f:
This needs a pix for your book of crazy court things! :)) =))
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 30th, 2019, 7:16 am

A certain cult out of Topeka, KS, is supposed to protest at my church today, around the time of the early service. Our staff, a couple of whom are from Topeka and know this particular cult all too well, decided to cancel the early service so as to not expose our members to them. Apparently they have a reputation for inciting physical altercations and then suing. What amazes me is that they have won a lot of money using this strategy.

If you wonder why I’m not naming the cult outright, we have been encouraged to ignore them and not give them the publicity they want.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 30th, 2019, 9:05 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 7:16 am
A certain cult out of Topeka, KS, is supposed to protest at my church today, around the time of the early service. Our staff, a couple of whom are from Topeka and know this particular cult all too well, decided to cancel the early service so as to not expose our members to them. Apparently they have a reputation for inciting physical altercations and then suing. What amazes me is that they have won a lot of money using this strategy.

If you wonder why I’m not naming the cult outright, we have been encouraged to ignore them and not give them the publicity they want.
I am attempting to live my life so that *those people* will protest at my funeral. :gay-rainbow: :gay-rainbow: :gay-rainbow:

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 30th, 2019, 10:31 am

CathyCA wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 9:05 am
ArkieDukie wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 7:16 am

I am attempting to live my life so that *those people* will protest at my funeral. :gay-rainbow: :gay-rainbow: :gay-rainbow:

Exactly. I think having them show up indicates that we are doing something right. Pretty sure the rest of the congregation feels the same way.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 7th, 2019, 8:49 am

They are an odd bunch. They had a small group outside the Lied Center at KU when I went to see thw Blind Boys of Alabama a number of years ago. I still haven't determined if they were protesting something about the Center or a group of 80+ year old African-American blind gospel singing men.
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 13th, 2019, 12:47 pm

It is hot here in South Central Texas...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 19th, 2019, 7:40 am

Still hot...
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » July 19th, 2019, 10:27 am

Hot here, too. And my AC isn't working as well as it should be. :(
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 19th, 2019, 10:41 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 10:27 am
Hot here, too. And my AC isn't working as well as it should be. :(
If your AC is properly sized and in good working condition, by design it can only cool the inside 20F from the outside temperature. So 100 degree days will see the best inside temperature about 80F.

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 20th, 2019, 8:09 am

It’s hot in St. Louis, too. Heat index over 100. Good time to stay indoors!
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 24th, 2019, 8:26 pm

Maybe I should move north?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 29th, 2019, 10:16 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
July 24th, 2019, 8:26 pm
Maybe I should move north?
Yeah, but then you'd have SNOW in the winter.

~ James Naismith