Prayers needed

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Prayers needed

Post by CathyCA » August 11th, 2009, 3:00 pm

DukePA wrote:Hello CrazieTalkers! I just spoke with Sue who told me that Uncle Yucky is in recovery and doing well. The surgeons are happy with the results and stated that the damage from the heart attack was minimal. He underwent triple bypass with no complications. Our girl just might get some rest tonight!! :-bd :-bd :-bd
YAY!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 11th, 2009, 4:44 pm

#:-s :ymapplause: :-bd :ympray: :ymhug:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 11th, 2009, 5:00 pm

Vibes are continuing for both Sue and Uncle Yucky!
:D :ymhug: :ympray:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » August 11th, 2009, 5:18 pm

More vibes for Sue and Uncle Yucky!! Thanks for the good news so far...
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 11th, 2009, 5:22 pm

Yay!

:-bd

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 11th, 2009, 6:10 pm

:D :ymapplause:

keep us up to date
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » August 11th, 2009, 6:51 pm

Sue - I am happy all turned out well for your Dad, YAY!!!! I've been offline for a few days, but have been praying for your Dad, you and your family!!! Sending more vibes and prayers your way!!!!! :ympray: :ympray: :ympray:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 11th, 2009, 9:08 pm

DukePA wrote:Hello CrazieTalkers! I just spoke with Sue who told me that Uncle Yucky is in recovery and doing well. The surgeons are happy with the results and stated that the damage from the heart attack was minimal. He underwent triple bypass with no complications. Our girl just might get some rest tonight!! :-bd :-bd :-bd
Great news! Thanks so much for the update. I've been thinking/vibing/praying all day. :-bd
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 11th, 2009, 9:18 pm

Just got back into town after four days to find this drama has played out before I even knew it was happening. So glad to hear that any vibes I would have been able to send weren't required in the first place. Still........I know there is a tough recovery ahead and for that I'm tuned in and vibing, vibing, vibing away. Bless his heart and I mean that literally!!!!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 12th, 2009, 8:44 am

another day a major dose of (now smoke free) vibes, healing thoughts and hugs to Sue, Uncle Yucky and the whole family

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 12th, 2009, 9:23 am

More prayers and vibes to Uncle Yucky and family. I hope this is a good day for all of you. :ymhug:
Life is good!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 12th, 2009, 1:54 pm

How's it going, Sue? I remember when my Dad did this the first week was pretty rough. Hug him for us if you can find a spot that doesn't hurt!

More vibes! Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 12th, 2009, 2:14 pm

Glad to hear he is doing well Sue. When do you have to return to LA?
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 12th, 2009, 2:39 pm

Late to the happy/glad party, I'm one of the happy/glad wishing all the best for speedy recovery. Great news!
:-bd
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » August 12th, 2009, 3:00 pm

Best wishes for Uncle Yucky's continued recovery.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » August 13th, 2009, 3:57 pm

Thanks all, for your thoughts, wishes, & prayers.

The surgery itself went very, very well. I won't go into specific details (unless anyone wants to know), but the surgeon was very happy.

Now we're back to Mr. Crankypants. He's in pain, but he doesn't want to take pain meds- he'd rather tough it out. He compromises at half the dose. Plus, he'd rather do things his way than what the nurses/therapists tell him. He is coughing a lot today which makes the pain worse. A lot worse. He is antsy as all get out because he's bored and wants to go home but he gets winded just getting out of bed (when he's able to do that). He thinks he should be back to normal but he's obviously not. It's a struggle.

I don't know what normal is for a situation like this, but you put Mr. Crankypants into this scenario, and gee, aren't we having fun. Uncle Yucky is definitely a good name for him right now. Uncle Yucky Crankypants.

I know it'll turn around but I'm worried about my mom whenever I leave. He's a stubborn ass and he's REALLY going to give her a hard time.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 13th, 2009, 4:10 pm

Sue71 wrote:Thanks all, for your thoughts, wishes, & prayers.

The surgery itself went very, very well. I won't go into specific details (unless anyone wants to know), but the surgeon was very happy.

Now we're back to Mr. Crankypants. He's in pain, but he doesn't want to take pain meds- he'd rather tough it out. He compromises at half the dose. Plus, he'd rather do things his way than what the nurses/therapists tell him. He is coughing a lot today which makes the pain worse. A lot worse. He is antsy as all get out because he's bored and wants to go home but he gets winded just getting out of bed (when he's able to do that). He thinks he should be back to normal but he's obviously not. It's a struggle.

I don't know what normal is for a situation like this, but you put Mr. Crankypants into this scenario, and gee, aren't we having fun. Uncle Yucky is definitely a good name for him right now. Uncle Yucky Crankypants.

I know it'll turn around but I'm worried about my mom whenever I leave. He's a stubborn ass and he's REALLY going to give her a hard time.

Very happy the surgery went well and the surgeon is happy. As for Uncle Yucky Crankypants - well at least he feels well enough to be a crankypants!

Your mother will probably be better at handling him than you think...after all, she's been doing it a while. I bet she has mastered the art of %-( and =; with a little :ympray: thrown in.

Don't forget to get some rest yourself and eat. Something that is not cooked by the hospital cafeteria (nothing despensed by a vending machine other)

Vibes for a quick recovery...and a magical transformation of Crankypants into Sunnybutt.

We love ya Sue!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 13th, 2009, 4:59 pm

windsor wrote:

Very happy the surgery went well and the surgeon is happy. As for Uncle Yucky Crankypants - well at least he feels well enough to be a crankypants!

Your mother will probably be better at handling him than you think...after all, she's been doing it a while. I bet she has mastered the art of %-( and =; with a little :ympray: thrown in.

Don't forget to get some rest yourself and eat. Something that is not cooked by the hospital cafeteria (nothing despensed by a vending machine other)

Vibes for a quick recovery...and a magical transformation of Crankypants into Sunnybutt.

We love ya Sue!
What Windsor said, and then some.

If Crankypants gets bad enough, (tell your mom to, in a good natured, joking way) threaten that she'll pull out the bypass's - and where would that leave him?

Vibes and best wishes for a quick recovery ... for all of you. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 13th, 2009, 5:17 pm

windsor wrote: ...and a magical transformation of Crankypants into Sunnybutt.

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 13th, 2009, 5:43 pm

He's not going to make many, err, ANY friends, with that attitude. Sorry to read that. The only behavior I could agree with is the pain meds. I took mine at 5 PM and 11 PM after my surgery three weeks ago and proceeded to pass out (twice) at 415 AM after micturating. Half a tablet, especially if it's a narcotic, may be a sound idea. I'd supplement it with an ibuprofen or two every 6-8 hours. Perhaps you or your saintly Mom or one of the nurses need to sit his arse down and present him with a cold-blooded lecture about appreciation and co-operation. Sorry to be so blunt here.

Glad to hear the surgery was successful and uncomplicated so far. I'll give you a call tonight. I'm on call tonight so it'll be just part of the job. :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.