You can't make this stuff up!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: You can't make this stuff up!

Post by DukePA » May 2nd, 2018, 7:59 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:As I have mentioned before, Jethro is color-blind. His mama used to pick out his clothing; now his wife does.

Apparently there was trouble in Paradise last night. Jethro is at work today wearing pants that belong on a golf course. They are kind of a deep rose color. He is wearing a blue tie. The tie has polka dots. The polka dots are, well, orange. He looks like a pimp. :9f:
=)) =)) =)) =))
Bless his sartorial heart!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 3rd, 2018, 9:47 am

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:As I have mentioned before, Jethro is color-blind. His mama used to pick out his clothing; now his wife does.

Apparently there was trouble in Paradise last night. Jethro is at work today wearing pants that belong on a golf course. They are kind of a deep rose color. He is wearing a blue tie. The tie has polka dots. The polka dots are, well, orange. He looks like a pimp. :9f:
:text-worthless:

Oh my gosh! Pictures, please!

:9f:
He was never in a place where I could get a picture without being obvious. He didn't have court (duh) and was mostly behind his desk micromanaging and creating more work for others. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » May 3rd, 2018, 10:10 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

He was never in a place where I could get a picture without being obvious. He didn't have court (duh) and was mostly behind his desk micromanaging and creating more work for others. :9f:
=)) =)) =))
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 3rd, 2018, 10:22 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

:sigh: Sigh. :sigh:

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 4th, 2018, 10:09 am

I have a bond hearing on a man charged with failing to register as a sex offender.

His witness is named “Mr. Humpy.” :-o :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 4th, 2018, 2:16 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I have a bond hearing on a man charged with failing to register as a sex offender.

His witness is named “Mr. Humpy.” :-o :9f:
For reals?

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » May 5th, 2018, 6:49 am

lawgrad91 wrote:His witness is named “Mr. Humpy.” :-o :9f:
Evidence this thread is aptly named. :D
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 9th, 2018, 2:26 pm

A probationer would be best suited by not posting on his Facebook page: “F*cc the judge n my PO.” :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 10th, 2018, 10:51 am

lawgrad91 wrote:A probationer would be best suited by not posting on his Facebook page: “F*cc the judge n my PO.” :9f:
=)) :ymdevil:

~ James Naismith
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 15th, 2018, 11:24 am

I gotta show up and read this thread more often. =)) Catching up on all of this at once is just too hard on my aching sides!!! =))
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 22nd, 2018, 10:08 am

https://pilotonline.com/news/nation-wor ... 5f351.html

Not a spellcheck error, but still funny nonetheless. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 22nd, 2018, 10:12 am

lawgrad91 wrote:https://pilotonline.com/news/nation-wor ... 5f351.html

Who is going to test their algorithm and see if GTH, C, GTH! passes the test? :D
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 22nd, 2018, 5:30 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:

Who is going to test their algorithm and see if GTH, C, GTH! passes the test? :D
Now that’s a very tempting idea! GTHc! :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » May 22nd, 2018, 6:33 pm

I just came here to post a link to the same article. That is hilarious. =))
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 23rd, 2018, 3:23 pm

Exhibit 864 in why a person shouldn’t use big words if he/she doesn’t know which big word he/she means.

Found in our case management system: “...Both defendants waived preliminary hearing in exchange for these matters being handled as...misdemeanors...in the circuit court with a small active amount of jail time COMMISERATE therewith.”

Commiserate means to feel sympathy for. Jethro means COMMENSURATE.

(I cleaned up his subject-verb agreement, too.) :-B :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 24th, 2018, 10:26 am

As my son-in-law pointed out to me, something like this would ONLY happen in South Carolina. :occasion-cake:

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 24th, 2018, 10:33 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Exhibit 864 in why a person shouldn’t use big words if he/she doesn’t know which big word he/she means.

Found in our case management system: “...Both defendants waived preliminary hearing in exchange for these matters being handled as...misdemeanors...in the circuit court with a small active amount of jail time COMMISERATE therewith.”

In law school, my business drafting professor told us that we should never use big words unless we know exactly what they mean. So, we had an opportunity to draft a business contract. There, on the first page of his draft, one of my classmates used the term, "WITNESSETH." The professor flashed this contract up on the big screen (in the days of overhead projectors) and asked my classmate, "What does 'witnesseth' mean?" My classmate stammered a bit and admitted that he didn't know what it meant, but that it sounded like a good legal term to throw in a contract.

"Take it out of the contract, and the contract still means the same thing," our professor said.

A few months later, while sitting for the bar exam in Raleigh, the silence of the test was broken by muffled giggles. I looked up and saw that classmate shaking his head and muttering, "Witnesseth." The word was included in a fact pattern on our bar exam. (It didn't add to or take away from the fact pattern, but still. . . )

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 24th, 2018, 10:38 am

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Exhibit 864 in why a person shouldn’t use big words if he/she doesn’t know which big word he/she means.

In law school, my business drafting professor told us that we should never use big words unless we know exactly what they mean. So, we had an opportunity to draft a business contract. There, on the first page of his draft, one of my classmates used the term, "WITNESSETH." The professor flashed this contract up on the big screen (in the days of overhead projectors) and asked my classmate, "What does 'witnesseth' mean?" My classmate stammered a bit and admitted that he didn't know what it meant, but that it sounded like a good legal term to throw in a contract.

"Take it out of the contract, and the contract still means the same thing," our professor said.

A few months later, while sitting for the bar exam in Raleigh, the silence of the test was broken by muffled giggles. I looked up and saw that classmate shaking his head and muttering, "Witnesseth." The word was included in a fact pattern on our bar exam. (It didn't add to or take away from the fact pattern, but still. . . )

Hehehe....

The portion I changed stated that the defendants waived preliminary hearing in exchange for these matters being handled as "a misdemeanor." Which begs the question: if two defendants are sharing one misdemeanor, does that mean there's only half the possible punishment? :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 4th, 2018, 4:55 pm

Has anyone here ever pulled a muscle in his/her tongue? :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 4th, 2018, 9:45 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Has anyone here ever pulled a muscle in his/her tongue? :9f: